Enter the Solitaire TriPeaks "My Year in the Pandemic" Contest!

A little over a year ago we had a contest about “Having Fun Staying Put” and our players provided us with a number of amazing photos of what they were doing during the beginning phase of “Shelter in Place.” You can see the winners here: Results of the “Have Fun Staying Put” Contest!

Well, now that we’re finally seeing that light at the end of the tunnel, we’re going to do a “My Year in the Pandemic” Contest featuring 4 categories:

1. "My Home Makeover" (before and after pictures)
  2. "My Greatest Pandemic Accomplishment" (pictures or short summary)
  3. "I Started a Hobby" (pictures or short summary)
  4. "What I Learned During the Pandemic" (short summary)

WHERE SHOULD I POST MY ENTRY?

You’ll want to post your entries in the appropriate Forum Categories, linked above.

WHAT SHOULD I POST?

It can be anything so long as it fits, at least somewhat, into one of the above categories. For “Home Makeover” you’ll want to post before and after pictures. In the “Greatest Pandemic Accomplishment” and “I Started a Hobby” categories, you’ll want to include a short summary and pictures if they help convey what you’re trying to say. In the “What I learned During the Pandemic” category, your summary will be your entry, but if you have any pictures to go along with them, then by all means, include them!

WHAT WILL THE WINNERS RECEIVE?

FIRST PRIZE: There will be 4 First Prize winners, one from each category, who will receive 500K Coins, 5 Wilds, 3 Volcanoes and 5 of each boosters.

SECOND PRIZE: There will be 4 Second Prize winners, one from each category, who will receive 400K Coins, 5 Wilds and 3 Volcanoes.

THIRD PRIZE: There will be 4 Third Prize winners, one from each category, who will receive 300K Coins, 5 Wilds and 3 Volcanoes.

BASIC RULES:

1. The contest officially begins on April 28th, and ends at 9:00PM Pacific (Midnight Eastern) on May 27, 2021. All submissions must be posted by then. No exceptions.
  2. Submissions must be in the form of a short written summary or a photo (or scanned picture) and must include your name, the words “Solitaire TriPeaks” and the date, handwritten. If it’s a photo, you can use a piece of paper or note card to write this out, and make sure it’s visible within the picture.
  3. Submissions are to be posted in the Solitaire TriPeaks Forum in the appropriate category under the “My Year in the Pandemic” contest. When you post in the Forum, include your name, the date, and anyone who helped you.
  4. You must give credit where credit is due. If your 6 year-old child or 60 year old spouse helped you, we wanna know!

BUT WHAT ABOUT OFFICIAL RULES? PLEASE TELL ME THERE ARE OFFICIAL RULES!

Of course! No contest worth winning is free of rules! You can find the official rules here: Official Rules for the 2021 Solitaire TriPeaks “My Year in the Pandemic” Contest

1 Like

Because of the pandemic I work from home now and I get to spend a lot more time with my grandkids.

1 Like

[quote=“Tiki-Tahd, post:1, topic:77676, full:true”]

A little over a year ago we had a contest about “Having Fun Staying Put” and our players provided us with a number of amazing photos of what they were doing during the beginning phase of “Shelter in Place.” You can see the winners here: Results of the “Have Fun Staying Put” Contest!

Well, now that we’re finally seeing that light at the end of the tunnel, we’re going to do a “My Year in the Pandemic” Contest featuring 4 categories:

1. "My Home Makeover" (before and after pictures)
  2. "My Greatest Pandemic Accomplishment" (pictures or short summary)
  3. "I Started a Hobby" (pictures or short summary)
  4. "What I Learned During the Pandemic" (short summary)

WHERE SHOULD I POST MY ENTRY?

You’ll want to post your entries in the appropriate Forum Categories, linked above.

WHAT SHOULD I POST?

It can be anything so long as it fits, at least somewhat, into one of the above categories. For “Home Makeover” you’ll want to post before and after pictures. In the “Greatest Pandemic Accomplishment” and “I Started a Hobby” categories, you’ll want to include a short summary and pictures if they help convey what you’re trying to say. In the “What I learned During the Pandemic” category, your summary will be your entry, but if you have any pictures to go along with them, then by all means, include them!

WHAT WILL THE WINNERS RECEIVE?

FIRST PRIZE: There will be 4 First Prize winners, one from each category, who will receive 500K Coins, 5 Wilds, 3 Volcanoes and 5 of each boosters.

SECOND PRIZE: There will be 4 Second Prize winners, one from each category, who will receive 400K Coins, 5 Wilds and 3 Volcanoes.

THIRD PRIZE: There will be 4 Third Prize winners, one from each category, who will receive 300K Coins, 5 Wilds and 3 Volcanoes.

BASIC RULES:

1. The contest officially begins on April 28th, and ends at 9:00PM Pacific (Midnight Eastern) on May 27, 2021. All submissions must be posted by then. No exceptions.
  2. Submissions must be in the form of a short written summary or a photo (or scanned picture) and must include your name, the words “Solitaire TriPeaks” and the date, handwritten. If it’s a photo, you can use a piece of paper or note card to write this out, and make sure it’s visible within the picture.
  3. Submissions are to be posted in the Solitaire TriPeaks Forum in the appropriate category under the “My Year in the Pandemic” contest. When you post in the Forum, include your name, the date, and anyone who helped you.
  4. You must give credit where credit is due. If your 6 year-old child or 60 year old spouse helped you, we wanna know!

BUT WHAT ABOUT OFFICIAL RULES? PLEASE TELL ME THERE ARE OFFICIAL RULES!

Of course! No contest worth winning is free of rules! You can find the official rules here: Official Rules for the 2021 Solitaire TriPeaks “My Year in the Pandemic” Contest
[/quote]

So during the pandemic I to have started with diamond art or paint with dots. I have done approximately 8 in the last month or 2 or 3. I have attached to couple that I have done and I’m in the process of doing I really enjoy it. Some nights I wanna keep going But I really need to push myself to go to bed because I have to get up at 5:00 AM for work. I get a sore knock after a whileBut the end results are worth it. The pictures that I’ve chosen to do in the future will be framed And more than likely hung.

1 Like

My Biggest accomplishment was: I had lumbar spinal surgery!!! Replaced L2 through L5 discs with cadaver bones, metal plates screws, pins and six rods in my spine!!! I couldn’t stand the pain anymore. I wanted to get off all pain medication. So I got up the courage to try. I’m still recovering . Major dangerous surgery with one year recovery before completely fused. Wearing back brace and bone stimulator… I will be biopic woman when healed. Lol
Cindy Lu