"My Greatest Pandemic Accomplishment" Category for the "My Year in the Pandemic Contest"

Post your short summary (3 to 4 paragraphs max) and pictures below for the “My Greatest Accomplishment” category for the Solitaire TriPeaks “My Year in the Pandemic” Contest. Pictures MUST include your name (Forum name is fine), the date of entry, and the date that the picture was taken.

6 Likes

My greatest b accomplishment was creating life of my second little blessing while working the front lines in a hospital over ran with covid .
Jan 28

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from "My Greatest Pandemic Accomplishment" Category for the "My Year in the Pandemic Contest":

My greatest accomplishment is (soon to be) graduating with my Master’s of Science in Nursing Degree with an emphasis in Nursing Education. I began 18 months ago when the pandemic was approaching. During the pandemic, I continue to work in the hospital as a Registered Nurse, help my child navigate through her virtual school, and took care of my father when he was hospitalized while I am taking classes. I was hoping to walk in my Commencement ceremony but I will be virtually graduating on May 15th. This picture was taken on April 28th and will be used in the virtual graduation ceremony. This graduation means more than a diploma to me. It’s been a difficult time for everyone but I’ve learned that things happen for a reason. For myself, this pandemic gave me time to focus my energy to have positive outcomes and most importantly, take care of my family.

3 Likes

My name is Loretta Harris and getting my second dose of the covid shot on April 1st 2021 is an epic WIN

2 Likes

My name is Loretta Harris and getting my 2nd Covid Shot on April 1st 2021
is an EPIC WIN!!

1 Like

I hope i have the good one Shi i can choose. i am not so good in English.but when pandemie started, i make cards and zend them to children ,older people …lonely people.(sick,birthday) I send last year, About 1000 cards, make little presents (for people in the neigbourhood)with easter , chocolaterie egs, kingsday a card, in winter a bag of thee with chocolat and bonbon.i breng that around here. Nou i send about 2/3 cards a week (because it is to much money to send more)…
So i try to do something Nice for others Durlinger the pandemie.
I make self my cards, and boxes etc for everyone. I have more pictures but this stay On my tablet.
My husband say be proud on this,but ican do this.it is normal to do some thing. So i dont know of this is the right group

2 Likes

My greatest accomplishment was helping my grandson through kindergarden.It has been the most amazing journey and I am so grateful and honored that I was able,capable and willing to do the virtual school thang…Wyatt and I will have so many cherished memories from this.This is also the time I discovered tripeaks…

20210307_173951

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a whim here and open myself up to vulnerability by sharing that My greatest pandemic accomplishment would be receiving my 1 year sober chip just a few days ago 4/27/2021. 4/27/2020 is my sober date and It’s been one hell of a ride gaining the ability to cope with and overcome any obstacles along the way. 2020 was by far my hardest but most accomplished year of my life so far since being brought into the world on 8/26/1992. This was the year I almost lost my life, custody of my child, significant other and even the love, support, and respect from most of my family. On 4/26/2020 after many years of suffering, I had this epiphany and decided enough was enough and started my what it seemed at the time a ‘very impossible’ journey to learning how to truly love myself by making a decision that would change my life forever. 4/27/2020 was the day I made the leap and started rehab at crossroads 360. This is the place where I made a fearless moral inventory of myself and learned to process my emotions and traumas of the past by actually feeling them. I let go of resentments and forgave not only the ones who had caused me harm but myself for giving them the power to impact the decisions I made as a result of it. Rather than stuff away my feelings and temporarily resolving any issues I had with mind altering substances, I gained the tools to cope with not only the pain of the past, but the things that could potentially get in the way of my future. Since graduating crossroads, I’ve regained the custody of my son, trust of my significant other, support from my family, start to a career that I love, and most importantly LOVE FOR MYSELF!
There’s so many photos to choose from, I wish I could post them all! Lol. These are pictures of my son Christian and I together throughout my journey. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do

Snapchat-1409316913|243x500 Uploading: IMG_20200112_181442_03.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20191211_162419.jpg…

2 Likes

I was classed as an essential worker and made it for over 9 months before my facility got covid my husband having ms left me to decide what was more important his safety or my job. And I chose him. So have been out since October and he has made sure I have had a hunny to do list everyday. I have managed to get many of our affairs in line that I couldn’t have if I was working my 40 hrs work week. I also take care of my friend who has medical issues and have been doing that for 3 years. So I have learned how to take care of 2 households and the hunny to do list and regular chores of running 2homes and that staying safe. Saving money at every turn on vehicle’s, dental, and groceries( especially the toilet paper shortage) , I have learned to have patience and to figure out new ways to stretch a dollar because filling for unemployment is a job in itself and can make you ill. That took most of the time I was out of work to finally get paid. So I learned that family is very precious and dear, that you keep them close and pool your resources to provide and that everyone has! no one goes without. I’ve also learned how to bake homemade breads and gourmet meals .

1 Like

My greatest accomplishment during the pandemic was graduating with my doctorate in 2020!

1 Like

What a great accomplishment during the worst of times. Thanks for sharing your story and your work in the front lines !!!

1 Like

My greatest pandemic achievement was getting married to my best friend. We held out and didn’t postpone like so many others. We had the change venues 3 times and reduce our guestlist to just 30, but it was perfect. Ours was also the only wedding in our village church in 2020.
Emily Pomeroy
Picute taken 26th September 2020
Date of entry 2nd May 2021

2 Likes

I believed even though I had cancer with the time off I was going to get things done I kept putting off like a garden shed. Paint craft room and bookcase. Put down base for new metal storage shed big enough for his toys. An hour here an hour there until my body gave out but accomplished first time attempts at all.

Resized_20210427_130716

3 Likes

Staying Humble and being kind and having many patience. Worked retail (grocery store).
Putting myself on the line for others keeping cool at any given moment with someone not being very nice but never judging them or treating them with anything less than help a hello and thank you. All whilst keeping myself safe so not to bring anything home to my family sanitizing and washing hands every 30 minutes to the point of hurting hands.
Simply put always treat others as you would want to be treated even a little nicer, a smile, a simple hello or may i help you could, and always a Thank you could make the difference in someones day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My greatest accomplishment was trading for a new job. I was and still am a sous chef but restaurant closed for 5 months and still only part time work. Unemployment insurance only lasted 3 months so I invested in a food trailer! Scrubbed, scraped, cleaned, replaced, repaired and finished with a paint job to start a new business of my own.
I still cook part time 3 evenings a week but take my trailer out daily and have almost caught up with all my bills and paid off the trailer. Soon it will only be “Me and my trailer, cooking ol boy Cajun Recipes” Sing along with the tune “me and my shadow”. If you see me out and about try the alligator Po-boy. Tell em it’s

Karma.

3 Likes

I put in 250 foot of stick built privacy fence and I’m 72

1 Like

Started back to school to work on Master Degree. I think cat is working with me.

I was almost 39 when the pandemic started, and stressed to the max juggling kids (oldest 19 and youngest 6), being extremely involved in Scouts BSA, work, and home. When given time to slow down, something completely unexpected happened. Though my husband and I struggled with infertility our entire marriage, on our 15th wedding anniversary we found out we were pregnant. It was challenging to say the least, but we received the greatest of gifts. This is Lochlan, our unexpected blessing.

I organized a weekly outdoor gathering of my neighbors. Seems that no one really knew each other very well. So these gatherings have continued for over a year, with all of us getting to know each other well! Neighbors have become friends and are going to continue our weekly gathering even after pandemic restrictions are lifted.

My greatest accomplishment was after 20+ years of teaching I learned how to teach completely virtually to a great group of kids. We struggled all year with attendance and technology. I personally struggled with a new principal and trying to figure out how to teach science without the kids touching any science equipment. Tomorrow is our last day of this crazy school year and i couldnt be more proud of my kids this year.