Player Spotlight: Pamela D!

My father let me take a sip of his old school King sized Budweiser can!:beer:The only reason I can post this hot mess of a memory, (and what would now be considered child abuse haha :joy:) and acknowledge it as something I’m “glad” I was allowed to do before being of age is because of the impact it made, which was also my fathers intention. After the immediate splash of beer hit my tongue the taste repulsed me immensely! I still can’t even take the smell! My father said I no longer EVER asked to try “just a little bit of Daddy’s drink” ever again. And added in that he didn’t have to watch over his King Can like a hawk while trying to bait his hook, cast his pole, and relax ever again! Thanks for saving me from future beer weight gain Dad!

3 Likes

The first experience that I had at driving was a riding mower at the lake and got chased by geese when I got too close to a nest

3 Likes

I was taught to drive early in case of an emergency. Though I already knew how…but my father was impressed at my driving skills!

4 Likes

My parents let me buy a B.B. Gun before I was old enough. :grin:

3 Likes

My grandparents were older on both sides so they pasted rather early in my life. Miss them all so much.

3 Likes

I love this game and having fun

3 Likes

I drank sips of dads Schlitz beer when I could barely reach the top of the table.

4 Likes

I am glad my parents let me stay out late on school nights and weekends before I was a teenager because it allowed me a chance to grow and learn about the world at a younger age. It has made me the strong independent person I am today.

4 Likes

I remember going to the store for milk when I was 6 lol carrying 2 gallons 4 blocks was amazingly hard lmao

4 Likes

My dad let me drive I was 14

4 Likes

3 Likes

I hope I’m good enough one day to be profiled!! Congratulations

5 Likes

My parents let me play in the woods!! I made forts out of branches, nature trails lined with rocks and now I garden for a living!!!

3 Likes

I love this game so much

3 Likes

Well… I don’t think there was anything my parents let me do before I was age appropriate. Maybe dating?! I met my hubby at 15 & started dating him right after my 16th bday and we’re still together & more in love than ever, almost 17 years, and 3 children later!! :heartbeat::heartbeat:

5 Likes

I flew on a plane by myself when I was 8.

4 Likes

I’m so happy my parents have me life so I can play tri peaks

3 Likes

What an interesting story. Pamela has fond memories of learning how to cook when she was a child. She is very blessed to still have recipes from her mother that she prepares today for her family.

3 Likes

My parents let me drive

3 Likes

My dad let me sit on his lap and steer when I was 6, and drive when I was 14. When we got sick with congestion mom made honey, lemon juice and whiskey for us to drink. It worked and we slept well that night! Overall my parents were the Beaver Cleaver type. I was, and still am, very blessed.

4 Likes