Player Spotlight: Pamela D!

She’s been playing for less than a year, but she knows her game like an old-schooler! Join us as we talk to Pamela D about good advice, cooking, and ghosts!

Read all about it in the Blog: http://bit.ly/pspot-pamelad

Then come back here and riffing on how Pamela’s parents let her play Trivial Pursuit when the box clearly stated she wasn’t old enough, comment on something you’re glad your parents or guardians let you do before you were “of age.” We’ll be giving away Wild Cards on Friday to 5 random posters.

10 Likes

My grandparents let me sit at the adult table at Thanksgiving because I was the oldest grandchild.

4 Likes

My brother Gary who is deceased now. I was having a conversation on the phone with him and there was a special bulletin on tv about a bomb in New York city. They said the guerillas were coming. My brother thought I said gorillas and started to laugh and laugh which made me start laughing once I told him the difference.almost every time we seen each other after that we would just look at each other and laugh. Now he’s gone I appreciate so much that we had that moment.

5 Likes

My parents let me drive a car before I was 15.

4 Likes

I was quiet and mild when i was young so I got to do things early. Lol boy I changed

4 Likes

Had my first shot of vodka at Christmas when I was 16 and I have happily been drinking it ever since

4 Likes

I was raised by my grandparents as an “only” child… I got to do everything early! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was allowed to marry.

4 Likes

My favorite board game growing up was “Broadway”. Played similar to “Sorry” but was playing Broadway long before Sorry came out. One of my uncles made boards for all in our family. You played with 2 dice and whatever matching colored buttons you had around (blue, green, red and yellow). Lots of happy memories there!

3 Likes

Allowed me to let me be me!

3 Likes

My mother’s friend would slip me sips of her beer when no one was looking.

4 Likes

Great story❤️I had my first shot at 15

3 Likes

Congratulations Pamela D

3 Likes

Since I’m medicare age now we could
do a lot of things then. My papa taught me to drive the tractor at 5 so by the time I was legal driving age (14) it was nothing new from tractor, to car to semi truck, and even school bus.

4 Likes

I had been told all my life I couldn’t date until I was 16, but I got invited to go to cotillion, so my parents let me ask someone. I was barely 15, he was16 and we continue to date for 3 years.

3 Likes

My parents let me have sips of alcohol and honestly I felt like I didn’t go crazy for alcohol like other kids that were my age

3 Likes

Mine was that God gave me strength to grow up & do things a grown up would do so I could help take care of my sick mother & 96 yr old great grandfather. I was truly blessed.

6 Likes

Let me be a momma. Oh wait. Hard to stop that one. However. They supported my decision to keep her and raise her :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

Same here. Mom was upset that I was pregnant at age 17 but didn’t believe in abortions. I’d wake up to my baby in my mom’s arms humming on chicken bones. She was my strength! Miss her dearly!!!

4 Likes

My grandpa taught me how to tell time, tie my shoes, and gave me my 1st drink of beer, needless to say I did not like the beer!

4 Likes