Island Story Time: Greatest Love Story? 2/10/22

Romeo and Juliet​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I met Duane when I started my new job 7 years ago. I was doing my orientation and his supervisor was giving me a tour of the department when I saw Duane and his supervisor called him over to meet me. We said our hellos and went in our directions. His supervisor kept giving him my work orders for necessary repairs, he told Duane to make sure that my staff and I were taken care of. Ironically, I had numerous plumbing issues at work and Duane was great at fixing the problems. We eventually started dating after 6 months and his supervisor promoted to a different facility. He must’ve known that Duane and I were meant to be, 7 years and going strong :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I fell deeply in love at age 13 the first time our eyes met! He was 5 years older than I … so definitely a taboo relationship! We felt that we were Yin and Yang …… truly But due to circumstances we weren’t able to be together sadly. We both ended up dating other people even tho what we wanted most was to be together. Life happened for both of us for 3 years until we finally had a chance to be together …… his ex girlfriend made his life miserable tho and we didn’t stay together long. I ended up getting pregnant by my ex boyfriend and I was thrown into adult life immediately. I was a mom at 16. He didn’t want to interfere and I was too scared to tell him I loved him and only him as I felt I was bound to my daughter’s father. My father left our family when I was 10 and I vowed that I would never go through that so …… I accepted life as it was. Years later my true love and I separately ended up moving to a different city unbeknownst to us both! We ran into one another when I was 23 We were both still in relationships but secretly saw each other. Life once again pulled us apart …… for the next 32 years! One day I decided to try contact my love and …… he responded!!! Oh my God!!! Neither of us could believe we were hearing each ones voice!! It was as tho we had never been apart and the love we had was stil there! Stronger than ever!!! My husband had passed away and he had recently left a 17 relationship …… it was finally happening!!! We were both alone and we finally had our chance to be together!! Yin and Yang were together again!! Never a cross word between us and so much love! At the ages of 54 and 59 ……… we got to live our dream!! Together in a simple life filled with respect, compassion, happiness and so so much love for one another! We had to wait a lifetime …… but we have been living in bliss for 5 years now! Til death do us part :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

A mother and her children

2 Likes

GHOST with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore

4 Likes

As far as movies go, Notebook beats them all. Otherwise, my parents. My mom had been getting badly abused by her first husband. My dad met her after she finally divorced , helped her pick up her shattered pieces and put herself back together. They were married almost 45 years before my dad died. It broke her heart. But I managed to keep her going for awhile but then she just stopped. She died years later of a broken heart.

3 Likes

My husband and I met in Germany as young active duty soldiers. We fell in love , had 3 children and now are expecting our second grand child. We will celebrating 36 years of marriage this July!!

3 Likes

35 years is a long time but we’re still in love and happy!

3 Likes

Checked out the librarian when I was teaching summer school.
We got married that New Years Eve.

Every day is a new chapter in our romantic comedy, and we just celebrated our 40th anniversary.

:revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

That God gave his only begotten Son, to die on the Cross for all mankind; that Whosoever believes that Jesus died and rose 3 days later, to wash away the sins of his believers. THAT is the greatest love story. Jesus died for us. THANK YOU, LORD.

8 Likes

Jack and Rose — Titanic
Victor and Nikki — The Young and the Restless

The Notebook was a pretty amazing love story :purple_heart:

1 Like

My husband and I dated since h s … blind date. Fell in love immediately married 2 years later Army interrupted our plans and husband had an accident and got amnesia. Didn’t see each other for 12 years… refound each other by accident and he fell in love with me again not knowing who I was. Dr’s helped his amnesia and he still loved me… we have been married 54 years total. We are very happy fate took us twice putting us together. Love this man!!

3 Likes

My own after being burnt by my ex I refused to date. Knowing I deserve a good man my best friend since junior high who is a guy found me my husband and talked me into opening my heart. We have been together 31 years until he passed in June. At the same time I told my bestie that I knew what kind of woman he needed and I introduced him to his wife of 31 years. As for movies Princess Bride, Cutting Edge and Mrs. Winterbourne.

2 Likes

George Strait’s ‘Pure Country’

Ours. Seated next to each other at a biz conference and never looked back. 38 years.

2 Likes

Richard and Elise in the movie Somewhere in Time. They were time travel romancing before Jamie and Clair (who are also a great romantic team)

Lady and the Tramp is the most romantic movie I’ve seen

1 Like

One of the many greatest love stories “Love Story” Ali McGraw and Ryan O’Neil
“Ghost” Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze
:heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts:
“Titanic” Rose and Jack
“The Notebook” Allie and Noah
“Sleepless in Seattle” Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks
:two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart::two_hearts::heart:

1 Like

The greatest love story is the story around the construction of Boldt Castle, located on Heart Island in Alexandria Bay, NY. I’ve been to this castle several times and the story never fails to bring tears to my eyes. George Boldt, proprietor of the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, loved his wife Louise so much that he had this beautiful, massive castle built just for her. The castle was nearing completion when Louise became ill and died before she had the chance to take up residence there. George was heartbroken. He canceled construction because he didn’t want to live there without his beloved Louise. I live in Virginia now but whenever I get a chance to return North to visit family, I enjoy a trip to Boldt Castle. Several years ago, a group was formed to have the castle restored to its former glory. Much work has been done and it truly is an amazing place! There is such a feeling of peace and awe and love just walking the grounds and, of course, in the castle itself. If you ever get the chance to visit this monument of George’s love for his dear Louise, don’t pass it up!

2 Likes