Island Story Time: Greatest Love Story? 2/10/22

Maybe it’s Romeo and Juliet? Well, that kind of ends badly for both of them, but wow, what a ride! Maybe it’s Jack and Diane? That’s a little diddy without a lot of depth, but could be! Heathcliff and Catherine? Marge and Homer?

Answer below for a chance at 100,000 Coins, 10 Freeplays, 5 Wilds, and 5 Volcanos! NEXT Thursday afternoon we’ll choose 10 people who’ve answered the question at random and award them!

37 Likes

I met my current husband in the Army 35 years ago. I was married and pregnant. He was also married. We were good friends. Never cheated on our spouses. Just kept in touch throughout our lives. When we met again, his wife had died, and I had divorced long ago, raising my two kids alone. We both retired from the Army and ended up in the same town. Like kismet. We were meant to be. Our love flourished as we got to know each other. We’ve only been married for 5 years. It’s been wonderful.

8 Likes

Serendipity with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale to ME , is the greatest love story :heart:

3 Likes

Shining Through with Melanie Griffith and Michael Douglas! I’ve watched this movie 100’s of times! It’s my all-time favorite!

1 Like

Lady and the Tramp. :spaghetti: :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Lassie, no one specified it had to be a human love story.

5 Likes

I’d like to think it’s Pretty Woman, You’ve got mail, or City of Angels. The story lines are so entertaining. With the first two movies, they start off as strangers and eventually are in love with each other. With City of Angels, the angel falls in love with a woman and so he must give up his wings for her. Sadly, he must also give her up in the end too. But for him, it was so worth it.

5 Likes

George and Michelle. We have been happily married for 40 years.

6 Likes

Wesley and Buttercup-Princess Bride :pirate_flag: :fire: :crossed_swords: :rat: :sailboat: :european_castle:Got it all!

4 Likes

Alexander the great & Cleopatra

Charles and Camilla not thatI APPROVE BUT…

1 Like

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward… both superstars in their own right and fame never ruined their love. After all why would you go out for a burger when you have steak at home?

3 Likes

I met my beloved when I was 17. We married 8 months later. We were such good friends. March 29 we will celebrate 47 years. We are so blessed. We adopted a daughter from south Korea and she is expecting our 7 th grandchild! God has been so good to us. We have so much love :two_hearts:

8 Likes

The greatest love story to me is in the Bible, John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

WingandPrayer (Peggy)

15 Likes

My favorite love story is in the movie Dirty Dancing. Johnny and Baby. Johnny didn’t even like Baby in the beginning but after going through so much his feeling towards her started to really grow. When he was told to leave he came back and didn’t let anything or anyone stand in their way. Now that’s what I call a great love story :heart::two_hearts: Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Love Story with Ryan O’Neal and Ali McGraw.
Best movie ever made

1 Like

My mom and dad liked each other in kindergarten, they started dating in 9th grade. They were each other’s first kiss, prom dates, and now 55 years later they still adore each other. My dad has lots of health problems, but my mom takes the best care of him, even though he is bedridden now. She’s gentle and kind, cares for him with love and compassion and to me that’s the most we can hope for in our final years. True love.

10 Likes

I’m a sucker for the Princess Bride. He comes back from being mostly dead to avenge his live and ride off into the sunset.

3 Likes

Qon my 40 th birthday I met the love of my life We have been together 34 years

5 Likes