Island Story Time: Greatest Love Story? 2/10/22

I think the greatest love story was about Noah and Allie from the movie Notebook!

5 Likes

I love Bonnie and Clyde, I’m like Bonnie, a ride or die chick! Our love is so strong, we go and get through everything Together :ok_hand:t5::100::sparkling_heart:

Sandy and Alan… I married my best friend!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

It really is True Love :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tristram and Iseult.
(Their Love Story is based on a Arthurian Medieval story that may be based on a far older Celtic myth.)
Tristram, a nephew of King Mark of Cornwall, killed the brother of the Queen of Ireland in combat.
Tristram was thought to be mortally wounded, and was placed in a boat without sails. His boat did not sink, but blew off course to land on the shore of Ireland, where he was found and nursed back to health by a woman; the woman was Iseault (The Queen of Ireland.). Tristram could not stay in Ireland because he had killed Iseault’s brother, so he was helped to escape back to Cornwall.
Time passed, and Tristram was requested by King Mark of Cornwall, to go to Ireland, and retrieve his proposed bride; Iseault, the Queen of Ireland. Along the way back to Ireland, the pair drank a potion that had been meant as a wedding gift for king Mark and Queen Iseault. The potion was a love potion.

4 Likes

I’m going with 50 First Dates. This was true love at first sight, love beyond walls, love that was not meant to be stop. Lucy, played by Drew Barrymore, has amnesia and forgets her dates the very next day. Henry, played by Adam Sandler, despite being forgotten each day, continues to woo Lucy as if every day was a first date. Often in romances, we settle and stop trying to impress and look back at how much more effort we put in on our first date. In this story the only way to keep the romance with Lucy who can never remember Henry and the the previous day’s date is to woo her again and again. Deep inside, we all wish to have continuous first dates with the one we love.

3 Likes

The Notebook movie with Ryan Gosling/Rachel McAdams & James Garner/Gena Rowlands. Love story told through the book Noah reads to Allie in the effort to help w her alzheimers about how they met and fell in love. I cry every time.

3 Likes

Romeo and Juliet​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::grin::grin::grin::grin::heart::heart::heart::heart::grin::grin::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::blush::bouquet:

1 Like

The the other note book

The Greatest Love story of all time is mine and my husband Tim of course. We met, had a short summer romance, September 1998, after only 3 months of knowing each other we went to Las Vegas and got married. We are happily married, we have 4 kids together and I have 2 stepchildren also. Mt husband is such a great man. After 9/11 he reinlisted in the Army. We had two baby girls at the time but he really felt like we needed to whatever we could for our country and every person here. He left for Iraq and it was the longest 15 months of my life. He was there from July 2007 until October 2008, we missed being together for our 9 and 10 year wedding anniversary so he definitely made up for that after he came home. I would never ever want to be separated by war or anything else. My Love lives deep in my soul and spreads throughout the universe. I would really just be an empty shell without him by my side. He bought me a wedding ring from Zales while he was deployed and had it sent straight to him. He got on one knee again when he gave it to me. One of the best things that has ever happened to me. We are very lucky and blessed to be together. If you can find someone who truly Loves you unconditionally hang on to it because it’s a feeling like no other and it’s priceless :sparkling_heart: Giving hugs to all. Thanks for listening may everyone in the world please feel the Love that we put out there. My greatest wish is for everyone to feel Loved :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Film gosh. Sam y Molly

Paul McCartney and Linda. Only 3 days apart in thier whole marriage. What a wonderful life to have lived :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Love Story is probably my favorite movie, but my favorite real life love story is my mom and dad’s. They met while he was in the navy but she was dating someone else. Then he saw her a year later and she and the boyfriend had broke up but she had a son. They dated for 3 months and got married. They were together until he died and she stayed single until she died 13 years later. Now they are together forever​:heart::heart:

3 Likes

The Notebook
Greatest example of enduring love, never ending patience and total commitment

3 Likes

Yep, still Sandy and Alan❣

It’s me and hubby. We met 15 years ago, and both had been married twice before. We had 5 kids between us but that didn’t make us stay away. We also worked together…that makes it a bit more complicated. So,he had eyes that made me love him instantly. We got pregnant soon after. Nobody really thought we’d last but we kept truckin we got pregnant again, if you lost count that’s 7 kids total. About a year later we got married. He’s been my rock. I lost my oldest daughter 2 years ago and I don’t think I’d have made it without him. Now I started playing this game, and him being supportive of me and my obsessions started playing too. Now we play on the same team…digging…collecting tikis. I love him and that is all.

5 Likes

I met my husband 15 years ago as I was going through a rough time and he has brought so much joy into my life and we are enjoying this thing called life not all love stories end bad. I got back up after 12 years of a bad marriage

2 Likes

Josey and Laura Lee from The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Well since I am single, the way my dog or cat looks at me when we have the fireplace going and all snuggled on the couch, that is unconditional love. They were both by my side this past year during chemo too. Wish they could cook though. Ha

5 Likes

The greatest love story is Jesus coming to earth to die on the cross for our sins to be raised again on the 3rd day giving us all the chance to go to heaven!

8 Likes