Volcano Constantly Erupting

My team has only 16 members and several of them have not signed on in days but I don’t delete them because I am trying to get more members. Only 8 members collect tributes. I spend all my time gathering as many tributes as I can usually 250 per week. I have 2 high scorers that never ever gather ANY tributes. I ask for help in chat to no avail. Always having the volcano erupted and progress paused stops possible new members from staying. What is the formula for the volcano erupting?

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid to can those people that don’t play for the team. You can only be as strong as your weakest player! Set game so they have to have a certain level completed to join.
Good luck!

8 Likes

Call them out and message them. Let them know what they have to do as they might not know how to play it properly and after that they have no excuse so don’t feel bad for getting rid of them ok. I say this because nobody told me what to do and how to play the game properly

5 Likes

Does anyone know the algorithm for the volcano erupting?

I have set a level to have passed in order to join.

I fear removing any members right now because it appears having a low number of players deters new players from joining and staying

2 Likes

All that I know is playing games not tributes will cause it to creep up, playing side games also causes it to grow, I am sure there is more information than that. I’ve done a rebuild and you are right, canning members now will make it tough to get new players. It’s a tough position to be in. Took us many months to get out members sorted out and an ok full team, than a few more months to weed out the rest.
Hopefully you’ll get some more answers in regards to the volcano

4 Likes

I keep telling the team just getting only club points causes the eruption. What I see is one or two players that sign on, see the volcano erupted and just sign out. I have no idea if they are reading the chat.

1 Like

Put it on the message board so everyone can see it then they have no excuse for it then do they. Everyone should know now to cool the volcano.

3 Likes

In my case I won’t join any team that KEEPS the non-active useless members… low membership is normal, it happens off & on but letting people do nothing is not a team I personally will ever join, you see what I mean?
I won’t work for others to do nothing, so keeping the absent is not a good idea… It’s not easy, I know, its a revolving door, if they don’t do what you set for rules,then they should be removed.
More will come and so on. It surely is not easy but just for me,and probably others, when I see a team with alot of idle members for days, not helping on a team then I will not join.
You may be missing out on some good players by keeping them.
As far as Volcano erupting,its caused by players scoring only regular games and NOT playing tributes. If no one plays at all for a long period of time it will also grow hotter till it blows. Good luck to you :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Took your advice and removed 3 with over 6 days inactive.
Still have the issue of the top 3 members never gathering tributes.

2 Likes

those top 3 players are the ones blowing up your volcano. When players don’t play tributes that is what blows up the volcano. You need to either leave the team and find a better one or delete those players. Most players will not join a team that has players that do not get tributes. We get these zero tribute players all the time, they get warned and if they don’t play tributes they are deleted.

7 Likes

How do you message a team member? My problem has always been communication! My last club took over 6 months before anyone wrote on Chat! If they do not click on those dots they never see chat or Club Notes. I would great players and try to get responses but nothing! Finally, slowly one then two started responding.
I think there should be some way to get their attention. A buzzer under there seat?lol

5 Likes

I keep putting information in the chat and notes area. I have pleaded folks by name. I have asked does anyone read the notes if so say hi but radio silence. It is definitely frustrating to see folks join then minutes later leave. Some that stay join then never add any points.

1 Like

The other problem is cooling the volcano requires many players to contribute. If you are the only one, it is easier to let it erupt then cool it. You don’t have to get rid of your top scorers with no tributes all at once either. Pick 1 and give a time frame to shale up. Post this several times and then follow through. I have a top scorer that would do any now it is a mere 30 but it helps.

1 Like

Chris, come join us at Monique’s Island. Folks not chatting, maxing tribute Quests, not meeting minimums are removed.

2 Likes

Volcano start heating up when no one is playing tribute games. This is first priority for team leader picking members.They must read and post in chat…My team motto states read rules,then post in chat …hello to team. That along with 1000 points B 4 FIRST IDLE weeds out most bad eggs. Occasionally, I get great scoring ,non English speaker, I will make exception for. U also need a good co-leader or two… They help with club duties…keeping track of Quests…inviting new players, policing games…answering questions about game from team…on and on it goes… Sounds like you need lots of mentoring in just leading a team. It,s tough and takes much time and game knowledge. If you are willing to do so, it will be rewarding and fun…good luck. join Leaders & Co Leaders Unites group on FB for all your Q answered…Help me immensely my club Platinum and 3 yrs strong. Usual Suspects

2 Likes

If playing alone ,and U R only team member on, 5 or 10 tribs an hour will keep Volcano down. The more playing…the more tribs needed to keep volcano cool and Pelee happy

2 Likes

Leaders & Co Leaders United correct spelling

Hi. Sounds like you care about your club and want to do what’s best. I agree with so many of the comments above. Here’s my advice and experience…

I’m a leader of my club and we finally set a tribute minimum along with our point minimum for the week. We tried avoiding the trib minimum as long as possible but the hot volcano was too much of a constant issue. Now, it’s much better. We still have to call out for “TRIBUTES ONLY” until cano is cooled.

I’ve learned when people are playing the lower level, lower cp earning games the cano heats up faster. If you alone are playing tribs and others are not it’s counter productive. Everyone should be on tribs for the cano to cool quicker. I’d definitely post your wishes/requirements in your club notes and tell players if not followed they will be removed.

I wish you luck :blush:

2 Likes

Get rid of non players, it doesn’t look good for those looking around to join a club. I understand your frustration of folk not chatting or doing what you ask. Try asking others to join you. Don’t pick on co leaders but hunt out those mid range. Persist and you will get the team you want, then boot off those that can’t be bothered. Best of luck. You can do this.

3 Likes

for communication teams set up a messenger account so that you can talk in real time. letting them know what you want and its is great for chatting. Also, when the volcano gets to 3/4 have team call out on it (OI) then everyone switches over to tribuets.

1 Like