The domino effect of generosity

I want to brag on my club for a minute. On double gift day I made a club note explaining how it worked. Double rewards and double coin back. I also informed my club I would purchase the medium box and encouraged everyone to be sure to give thanks if any other members purchased any. Now I have bought boxes before for the club but just the small gift boxes. Hey, I’ve got a family and just started back at school so I’m not rich lol. However, nobody else has in the group before. Anyway, I purchased the gift. Then, after the event ended, yesterday suddenly I had a small gift box in my inbox! And then another! And another! And another today! Despite my asking I dont even know what members are buying them for everyone! But our chat looked crazy lol. 25 members giving thanks on multiple gifts each time they logged on over the last 48 hours lol. Since we dont chat much it’s alot of scrolling through literally 125 posts of “so and so gives thanks for the gift” . Which is fun to see! I’m so impressed with how generous the team is being. And it’s all secret! Like secret Santa got started early for us this year lol.

Anyway now I can’t wait until the next double gift day but in the meantime with the addition of a 2 more chatty and active players that were checking their invite for weeks to wait until we opened up a spot last week, the gifts this week, and this being the first week everyone met the active requirement and club points so I won’t have to boot anyone and recruit more (ugh I hate that), its finally starting to feel cohesive and like we are all really gel-ing!

11 Likes

I love it when that happens! Congrats to you and your team!

2 Likes

Love dbl gift days our team is the same way, wish tripeaks would find more great organizations for us to donate towards!

4 Likes

What a wonderful post to share. I love what your club did. :hugs:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Tips and advice needed - Club communication

Did yall do this today??? Would love to hear if the same thing happened!

3 Likes

Oh my! Thank you for asking @Jessica_Flaherty Yes it actually did! I kicked it off with a small gift (I already had an end tournament incentive gift I knew I would be buying so had to keep it small on this one). Then 2 more members bought a small gift. One bought a medium gift and one of our newest members that’s only been a part of the group a couple weeks bought a large gift!!! Was great to see everyone so thankful and happy and they really all played harder this week :slight_smile: we even had one member that earned 2 times more points than our record high score had ever been for a player before! I hope you were able to receive some joy on double gift day as well!?

4 Likes

I’ve been a leader about a year (I inherited this club)… I’ve never heard of Double gift day… I have bought gifts 4 my club when I could afford it ( I’m on a single fixed income)… Could someone please explain what it is.?? Thanks so much… ; )

3 Likes

@Denise_Griffee its Like a buy one get one free, and the thank you double also, so you get twice as many coins in return thanks from players .

4 Likes

Oh ok… Thanks… Where will I see it when it’s happening.??

2 Likes

@Denise_Griffee it will pop up in your inbox, sometimes while your playing, it will also tell you double when you purchase it.

2 Likes