The 2019 Solitaire TriPeaks Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!

That’s not original lol

Look so yummy! I love sourdough anything! Now cookies? Yummy!!! I’m going you add it to my Thanksgiving dinner list.:wink::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Side dish entry: Anita’s Sweet Potato Casserole
“A hit at every family Thanksgiving. Who doesn’t love toasty marshmallows on anything?”

Ingredients:
• 2 (40 oz) cans sweet potatoes (drained)
• 1 tsp coarse sea salt
• 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp maple extract
• 1 cup dark brown sugar
• ½ cup milk or half and half
• ½ cup butter (melted)
• 2 large eggs

Topping:
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ¼ tsp salt
• 4 TBS butter (melted)
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 10 oz bag of miniature marshmallows

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spray 13” x 9” baking dish with butter flavor PAM.
  3. Mash potatoes with your hands.
  4. Add remaining casserole ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
  5. Spread casserole mixture into dish.
  6. Prepare the topping: In a bowl, combine everything (except the marshmallows) and stir until moistened. Sprinkle mixture evenly over casserole.
  7. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until pecans are caramelized.
  8. Take out and spread marshmallows evenly over the pecan mixture.
  9. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and lightly browned. (NOTE: watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!)
  10. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Can make ahead & put in the fridge for up to 24 hrs. Just leave off topping and marshmallows.

1 Like

(Rosa Lee’s) Apple, Bacon, and Brussels Sprout Stuffing

4 slices Thick-Slice Bacon (use 8 slices if you have thin-slice)
1 Small Onion (diced)
1 clove Garlic (finely minced)
2 Granny Smith Apples (cored and diced)
4cups Brussels Sprouts (shredded)
1 1/2 Almond Flour
1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary (finely diced)
1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme (Finely Chopped)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Eggs ( Lightly Beaten)
2 tablespoons Ghee (or melted coconut oil)
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar

How to Cook It!!

1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2.Cut bacon 1/2 pieces and arrange in a single layer on a large,rimmed baking sheet.
3.Bake until browned, about 10 minutes.
4.Add Brussels sprouts and add in a single layer on top of bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
5.Core and cut apple into 1/4 pieces. Take sprouts out of oven add apple stir bacon,apples,and bacon all together.
6. Place back in oven baked until sprouts get brown and tender and apples are soft 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy ladies and Gentlemen
1 Like

Quiche Recipe

INGREDIENTS 
  • 1 refrigerated pie crust
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk or cream
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup cooked ham chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
  • 3 tablespoons green onions.
    INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Unroll pie crust and press into a 9" pie plate, crimping the top edges if desired.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
  4. Sprinkle ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
  5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
1 Like

Indian Pudding INGREDIENTS

• 2 eggs
  • 4 cups whole milk
  • ½ cup corn meal
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • ½ cup molasses
  • ¼ cup maple syrup
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon dry ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon allspice
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon butter to grease the pan
  • Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional but highly recommended). INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
  3. In a 6 quart pot, heat milk to hot, do not boil. Slowly add in corn meal and whisk continually until all of the corn meal is added. Cook for 10 minutes on a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Be careful that it does not stick and burn to the bottom of the pan.
  4. Remove from heat and add all other ingredients except the beaten eggs. Mix to combine.
  5. Temper the eggs by slowly adding some of the hot pudding a little at a time to the eggs, stirring as you go (about a cup total). Then add the egg mixture to the pot and stir.
  6. Pour mixture into a buttered 6-cup casserole dish and place the casserole dish in a water bath. Bake for about one hour and 30 minutes. Pudding should be set up and somewhat firm. If the center is a bit loose, that is OK.
  7. Let the pudding rest for 15 minutes, then serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2 Likes

TALK OF THE TOWN PINK SALAD

I found this recipe in a Church’s Centennial Cookbook. Our town has population of 13,000 plus residents and many things or persons become talk of the town.

Ingredients:

1 8 oz cool whip thawed
1 14 oz can Sweet Condensed Milk
1 17 1/2 oz can Cherry Pie Filling
1 17 1/2 oz can Crushed Pineapples drained
1 cup Miniature Marshmallows
1 cup Chopped Pecans
Optional: 1 cup grated Coconut

Mix cool whip and Condensed milk until well blended. Add cherry filling, drained crushed pineapples, marshmallows, pecans and coconut if desired. Chill until firm.

1 Like

Dessert
French Pudding Cake aka Cherry Dessert

This was my mom’s recipe (RIP🙏) and is the only dessert that literally everybody in my family requests at every holiday!

Crust mixture: Beat 5 egg whites on high until stiff and form peaks. Slowly add 1 1/2 c sugar just until combined. Set aside.

Combine the following ingredients (I add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until fine):
•1 sleeve saltine crackers (finely crushed first)
•1 1/2 tsp baking powder
•1 1/2 tsp vinegar
•1 1/2 tsp vanilla
•1 c chopped nuts (I use walnuts but pecans are good too)

Add above mix to egg whites and gently fold in just until mixed. Spray glass 9x13x2 pan with grease and add crust mixture–bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes then allow to cool completely.

Beat together 2 packages of Dream Whip according to instructions on box. Add in an 8 oz pkg of room temp cream cheese and 1/2 c powdered sugar, and beat until smooth. Add cream cheese whipped topping to top of cooled crust. Top with 2 cans cherry pie filling (or any other pie filling…we love cherry) and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving or overnight…keep chilled when not serving, and ENJOY!!! Believe me…nobody will EVER guess what the crust is made from!

1 Like

Candy Sweet Sweet Potatoes
Side Dish

Connie Morgan’s Recipe, you may know me as Funcon or concon - ca
from Solitaire TriPeaks! Team OFF Chill or Tikismash

One Thanksgiving long long ago, my Momma said " Everyone likes Sweet Potatoes" why don’t you make them for Thanksgiving!?! I don’t like Sweet Potatoes! But okay, I’ll make them! This is how candy sweet sweet potatoes was plunked into the Universe!
Or made, for you non SyFy people!

Preheat oven to 375°

Ingredients
5 Large Sweet Potatoes (it’s alright if the look like they were hairy and dotted)
3 Tbs. Heavy Whipping Cream
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar - Packed in firmly
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon or sprinkle over Sweet potatoes to your hearts desire, 1Tbs
1/8 tsp. Salt, I use the sea salt in a grinder! And grind away! Maybe 1/4 tsp.
3 Tbs. Butter, melted I use 1/2 the butter bar!
1 bag of mini Marshmallows a Cup in the mix and a Cup or so on the top!
Option 1:Pecans broken up for the mix 1/2 Cup, then on the top of the mix 1/8 Cup
Option 2: 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper spicy

Directions
Clean sweet potatoes with water and scrub with sponge
Pierce from side to middle or farther into sweet potato, with kabob (metal) stake, leave stake in while it’s cooking
Place in oven on rack
Put tin foil on rack below to catch any sweet potato spillage!
Cook 1 hour and 20 minutes

Skin your cooked sweet potatoes when they are just warm to the touch!
Put them in a large bowl and mash!
Now mix in heavy whipping cream, Brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, butter, marshmallows and pecans. Add cayenne pepper if you like spicy!
Add to 13x9 glass pan, add marshmallows to top of mix
Bake 25 minutes at 350°
Add pecans to top and serve!

I could have added this recipe to side dish, vegetable or dessert!

1 Like

that’s OBT in team Chill

1 Like

The 4 C Receipe by Phyllis Wright
“Cheesy Crunchy Cauliflower Casserole”

History: I started the Keto diet recently and knew I could use cauliflower instead of potatoes (a no-no on Keto) and created this dish. I just put in the things that I loved that was Keto friendly.

Ingredients:

12 oz package of steamable cauliflower
2 Tb Butter
1/2 tsp Seasoning
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
3 Tbs French Onions
3/4 c Grated Cheese

1. Steam the cauliflower as directed on the package.
  2. Finely chop the cauliflower into small pieces
  3. Add butter and stir
  4. Add seasoning and black pepper and stir
  5. Add french onions and stir
  6. Add grated cheese and stir
  7. Place in a 8 x 6 dish

Topping:

1. Sprinkle another 1/4 cup of grated cheese on top
  2. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of bacon bits on top of the cheese

Baking:

1. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees

Yields: 6 servings with ONLY 3 GRAMS OF CARBOHYDRATES!!!

2 Likes

Pea & corn salad
This is a receipt I came up with after cleaning out my freezer and noticing that I had a lot of frozen peas and corn so I thought about what I could make and threw this recipe together:
2 16oz of white corn
1/2 box of frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 stalks of celery
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mix together the vegetables. Combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper pour over vegetables. Once mixed pour vegetable oil into mixture and stir. Cover and chill overnight. Drain vegetables well in a strainer. Put in a bowel and serve. This makes 6-8 serving.

An Island inspired Side Dish!:volcano:
:palm_tree::palm_tree::pineapple::coconut::cherries::pear::grapes::tangerine::apple::kiwi_fruit::palm_tree::palm_tree:
Greatgramma Mettie Bell Crohgen’s delishious 'Apple Snow!':apple::snowflake:
Feeds family of five. 5th generation family recipe.
One bag mini marshmellows
One large can fruit cocktail- well drained.
4 small or two large cans of mandarin oranges- well drained
One can of chunked pineapple- well drained
Half a cup of maraschino cherries pitted and cut in half- well drained
(side note: save all the drained fruit juices and make a picture of punch by adding a liter of ginger ale, Sprite or 7UP to the juices. Stir and chill in refrigerator until served.
Make fruity icecubes with some of the punch by pouring it over an icetray with a couple of chunks of fruit in each pocket. Freeze well. Add a couple to each glass of punch.)
One cup shredded or flaked coconut
One cup crushed pecans or walnuts
3 small sliced bananas
One cup sliced strawberries
2 Figi or Gala apples cubed into half inch pieces
2 Granny Smith apples cubed into half inch pieces
2 cups grapes cut in half
2 containers of Cool Whip
(Kiwi and Star Fruit are also great in this side dish.)
Save out some banana slices, grape halves, cherry halves and 1/4 cup crushed nuts for garnish.
Mix all other ingredients together in a LARGE mixing bowl, gently, with a large mixing spoon. Put just under half of the Apple Snow in a Tupperware type container with a lid and put in fridge. (This goes with your leftovers tomorrow. My favorite breakfast is cold turkey with a spoon of cranberry sauce and a bowl of Apple Snow.)
Put remaining fruit salad in a pretty serving dish. Smooth it flat and decorate top of salad with saved sliced fruit. Sprinkle with crushed nuts. Cover with plastic wrap. (I use large plasic shower caps from the $Store instead. I wash them after each use, dry them in the dish rack and save $ & waste.)
Refrigerate until served.
You will get oohs and ahhs from your dinner guests and it will be requested for future holiday meals.
I make fans of everyone I have ever served it to❣ Enjoy. And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Going to try this on a low carbs route and this sounds good sub for potatoes

Grace Wright. Dessert
We have severe food allergies in my family. Dessert is a challenge. Dairy free/Gluten free/sugar free are needed. And it needs to feel like a real treat.
Almond Torte - dairy/gluten/sugar free
4 egg whites room temp
Beat until soft peaks
1/3 C Swerve
Add gradually until stiff peaks form
Fold in
1C sifted almond flour
Oven 275 degrees
Spoon onto parchment or silicon in 6” circles
Bake 15 min then reduce heat to 210 degrees for 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave with door open 1-2 hours. They should be crisp
Layer with
1/3-1/2 C Smuckers sugar free Red Raspberry Jan
Cut into wedges and serve with:
ReddiWhip almond non-dairy topping and fresh raspberries or for sugar free use ReddiWhip sugar free topping and fresh raspberries.
This recipe can be made into 3” cookies with no sugar added dried coconut and slivered almonds. Dark chocolate chips are a good addition too.

1 Like

Grace Wright. Meat Alternative
We serve this regularly
Monterrey Chicken
1 large chicken breast split in half horizontally
1/3cheddar Cheese grated
2 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
1/4 c Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce
We pressure cook the chicken
Remove and pan sear in butter. Top with cheese and bacon. Pop into 350 oven until melted. Drizzle with BBQ sauce before serving. Leftover turkey medallions would be perfect with this recipe.

Grace Wright
Side dish
Yummy broccoli cole slaw
I package tri color cole slaw
1 crown fresh broccoli (cut up florets)
1/2 C sunflower seeds
1/2 C dried cranberries
Mix together
Dressing
1C Mayonnaise
1/2 C sour cream
2T mustard
1-2 t lemon juice
S&P
1 SweetnLow
Mix together. Add to salad and toss.

Marcy's volcano mashed potatoes

Marcella
Side dish

WHILE CLIMBING A LIVE VALCANO I GOT THE IDEA FOR THIS:

5 lb. Volcano potatoes
2 8 oz. Pkgs Philly cream cheese sac
1 cont. Poi’s sour cream
5 vampire garlic cloves (fine chopped)
Vamp salt and ash pepper to taste.

In a med. Pan boil volcano potatoes.
Add Philly cream cheese sac, pig’s sour cream, vamps garlic. Add vamp salt and ash pepper to taste. Serve warm as not to erupt in your mouth. ENJOY

1 Like

Rosey green beans

Ingredients:
1-2 bags of steamable frozen green beans
1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
1tsp minced garlic (dried or fresh)
1 T olive oil

Instructions:
Steam beans in microwave according to bag instructions (5-7 minutes)
Toss in mixing bowl with ingredients and stir. Voila! Delicious healthy rosey green beans!

Submitted by: Binkey36
I love teaching my grandchildren how to cook. I try to keep it easy, fun and educational. We were talking about the first Thanksgiving and the unavailability of a lot of ingredients. My grandson and I pretended to be pilgrims and came up with this recipe…using three ingredients (plus salt and pepper). It really is delicious!
Category: side dish
Name: Pilgrims Potatoes
Ingredients:
6 russet potatoes (precooked in microwave or boiled)
1lb of grated cheese…Swiss or sharp cheddar
2 cups of heavy cream
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Using a 13x9 oblong baking dish, peel and slice potatoes. Butter baking dish, and place a layer of peeled potatoes, salt and pepper, and a layer of shredded cheese. Continue layers until potatoes are used. Pour cream evenly over the potatoes and then a final layer of cheese.
Place in preheated oven and cook for 45minutes or until lightly brown and bubbly.
My grandson insists we make these ever year. A game of pretend has become a family tradition. Lifelong memories in a dish :blush: