Player Spotlight: Veteran, Michael S!

On this Veterans Day, we are honored and pleased to feature a Solitaire TriPeaks-playing Veteran, Michael S. In our every day lives, we often forget how fortunate we are to have people like Michael who serve, and sometimes pay the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. Cheers to you, Michael, and to every Vet we have the pleasure of meeting in our lives.

Read all about the story here: http://bit.ly/pspot_vet_michael_s

And then, for a chance at 15K Coins, 5 Wild Cards and 5 Volcano Cards, leave us one or two sentences that applies to whichever situation fits you best:

1. If you’re a Vet, your favorite memory from the time you served.
  2. If you’re related to a Vet, tell us a little about him or her.
  3. If you’re a civilian, and don’t know any Vets, let us know what you’d like to say to a Vet.

We will choose 5 people at random who answer the question posed to award the prizes. Of course, especially in this situation, it’s much less about the prizes than the content. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thank you for your service

5 Likes

Thank you for your service. I married a Marine, both of my grandfathers fought in the war, one was a purple heart recipient. Love the freedom we have because of our vets!

2 Likes

After losing my daughter Tara in 2006 & moving to the DC area, I became more familiar with the Run For the Wall, it’s purpose & mission. It then became a goal of mine to participate in one to honor Tara. I am excited to share that on 5/13/2020, I will get that opportunity of riding “All The Way” from Ontario, California to Washington DC. Many thanks to Pat “Hobbit” Schwartz for allowing me to ride with her on the Southern Route. Not only do I get to honor my father as a Korean war veteran & my 2 daughters as Air Force veterans…I get to participate in this very important mission remembering the POW, MIA, KIA, WIA & all other veterans who served, supported & fought for our freedom. Thank you! Is it May yet?

6 Likes

My father in law was in the Korean war. My father and his brother were in the navy just as Vietnam was starting my moms brother-my uncle was in Vietnam and suffers from PTSD never got over the deaths that happened, my husband was in air force and was jet engine mechanic during guatemalan conflict. My son in law was in the reserves and was medivac saw many things he wouldn’t talk about served 5 tours between Iraq and Afghanistan after. Last tour he contracted a bacterial infection from the sand and affected his internal organs and suffers PTSD from this war.I would like to thank them for protecting us and everyone in the United states.

4 Likes

I have two nephews that both served in Afghanistan one two tours the other one. They are both amazing young men that love their country and I could not be more proud of them and all of our military. Love to each of them not only today but everyday

4 Likes

My father served during the Korean War, as a surgeon in charge of a MASH unit. He always took great pride in the medical care that was given to our fighting soldiers that were wounded in battle. He left his wife and three young children to serve in Korea, and I was born in an army hospital at Fort Ord, California after he returned.

4 Likes

My husband served in the US Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom. I could not be more proud of him. He continues to serve in the veterans community by volunteering with a Vet Center and helping to lead a peer to peer PTSD group.

6 Likes

From one vet to another, thank you for your service!! As the spouse of an Iraq war vet, I hold a special place in my heart for all combat veterans. My husband deployed twice, and wanted to go back to help his brothers. A true patriot!

4 Likes

Thank You for your dedication to keeping our freedoms

3 Likes

I am and have been surrounded by several service men and women. I give my family and friends (living and deceased) my appreciation and love and sacrifice on this day on behalf of not only family and close friends but people who aren’t born yet. Your legacy lives on because of this day we get to salute you. Michael and every other service member. Thank you and SALUTE

5 Likes

My favorite veterans are my husband, he served 28 years in the USAF. My father who served 25 years in the USAF, My Father in law who served 27 years in the Army and USAF, my Nephew who served as a Marine, my nephew who served in the Army, my Grandfather was in WWII as an Army soldier and my Uncles who were in the Navy and Army. I love them all.

4 Likes

I want to send my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all the veterans who have served and those who are still in the service. You are true heroes and are the reason Americans have our freedom.

4 Likes

I come from a family that has members serving in every branch of the military for several generations. I love each one of them and appreciate their service. The bonds of brotherhood they formed have also lasted generations… I can’t tell you how important those bonds have been and much the support of someone who’s “been there done that” means!!! GOD bless this great nation and those who serve/served💖

3 Likes

Thank You to all our Vet’s, and their families for your service to our country. :heart::us::us::us::us::heart:

4 Likes

I am the daughter of a veteran who served in two wars and in two branches of the service, was married military, spent his last 4 years in a VA nursing home with the greatest respect from the employees, he passed 5 years ago at almost 95 and was buried with military honors. My youngest son has since followed in my father’s footsteps and is presently serving our country in the army. Happy Veterans Day to all who have served and to all those serving.

4 Likes

I am a Vet I served for eight years my funny memories are when I was in Germany where you can drive as fast as you want on the Autobahn.

4 Likes

My husband served in the army during vietnam. I was enlisted in the army afterwards during peacetime. Even though it was 45 years ago, the memories are like yesterday. What I came away with was the discipline, sister/brotherhood feeling of family. Everything I learned has helped me my whole life.

4 Likes

Thank you to all the Veterans & those serving and protecting our great country!

4 Likes

My father was in Guam. They paid a little boy to climb up the trees and gat coconuts for them. They broke in the new guys with coconuts too. He said they were so good, the new men would eat way too much, which apparently causes, um, digestive issues. I have old pictures of him from there. I really miss my dad.

3 Likes