Player Spotlight: Sybil K

I always loved to cook, made my first steak when I was 3 by myself. Was able to cook almost anything by 5 as long as it wasn’t to heavy. When I was 11 my mother bought a restaurant where I did everything from wait tables to cook to dishwasher. I loved it! Went to school for cooking but the only thing they could teach me that i didnt already know was cake decorating. I worked in the resturants untill 5 years ago when i just couldnt stand up for it anylonger.

4 Likes

I wanted to be a doctor. And no I’m not but I’m still interested in all things medical.

4 Likes

I wanted to be a hair stylist

3 Likes

@Edith_Beach He made it sound like they would cure deafness soon. It would be sooo cool if they could do that, but there are so many causes!

4 Likes

I was (and still am) fascinated with cold. I got a book in the late 70s, when i was 8 or so, about the Ice Age and it spurred me to want to be a glaciologist (study glaciers).

Sadly, i didnt go that route and i have wanted to be many things over the years like a history teacher, English teacher and, most recently, a theoretical physicist.

3 Likes

I wanted to be an astronaut. Actually took flying lessons. Took a special course in high school on aeronautical engineering…

1 Like

Totally agree with you!

2 Likes

I wanted to be a teacher, but ended up being a litigator :grin:. I did use my teaching skills with Boy Scouts, my children and my grandchildren. I guess it worked out okay. Having been retired for 8 years, I can still say I want to be a teacher though

2 Likes

From the time I was 12 years old, I intended to be a teacher but life took me in another direction. I went into the medical field as an Xray tech first then became a Radiation Therapist which I discovered was where I was meant to be.

2 Likes

I always wanted to be a teacher except for a period of time when I wanted to be a flight attendant. After taking my first airplane ride in 7th grade, I thought being a flight attendant would be fun! I am currently in my 23rd year of teaching.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a teacher. After many different jobs I returned to school and became a teacher.

2 Likes

Always wanted to be a nurse and ended up working for visiting nurse as an aid

2 Likes

I wanted to be a professional drift racer.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a veterinarian, I started going to school to be a vet tech so that’s close! Lol.

2 Likes

I always wanted to be a wife and mother. I had two wonderful children who have given me even more wonderful children. Out live 2 great loves in my life with Gods grace I have learned why He placed me here in these times both happy and sad when I see all the blessings He has given me.

2 Likes

I always have a passion for counseling/ helping teens who have been sexually abused or struggle with addiction

2 Likes

Wanted to be a fighter jet pilot for any brNd of service!!

2 Likes

After watching Easy Rider, I wanted to be a biker chick lol, then went to wanting to be the sign holder for highway traffic during road construction. I ended up in neither haha.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a storm chaser.

3 Likes

I wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic but somehow ended up being a nurse.

2 Likes