Player Spotlight: Meet Brandy A!

I was very active in my high school and felt like I could conquer anything life dished out. Boy was I wrong. As I went into college, I went to work for an attorney. No matter how hard I tried I could not please him. After a couple of months I was nauseous just thinking about going to work. He had completely destroyed my self esteem. I quit the day he was going to fire me.

After I started having panic attacks so bad that I was in my home for 6 months unable to leave. With help from my sister I started, by the hardest, to get out of the house. Finally after many months I could get out on my own.

It happened again after I had my first child. It took me 7 years to get back that time but I’ve learned many things about mental illness and how to live a full and happy life with it. You just need determination and help from anyone that you can find to help.

2 Likes

Have a child. We have a beautiful daughter that surprises us everyday with her thoughtfulness. Miracles do happen, you just have to believe!!!

2 Likes

When we were living in California, there was a very large earthquake that did tremendous damage to our home. My husband had already started a new job on the east coast, and we were getting ready to put our house on the market. I was by myself, with three young children—and I had to learn to plaster, paint, fix cracks in the walls and foundation, and a whole host of other jobs. I never would have thought hought that I could do this, but I was forced to—and I did a really good job!

2 Likes

i met a wonderful man with 2 kids and I had 2 of my own, we raised 4 kids between the two of us and did a wonderful job at it, we are still together today after 22 years

2 Likes

Congratulations!! I have watched a close friend who struggled with weight loss, well done!

2 Likes

I have had several things put on my plate that I didn’t think I could endure, but I believe these were the top three:

1. Getting pregnant at age 16. Having to tell my heartbroken parents. Leaving my friends & school behind. However, I kept up my studies in Homebound, making it possible to return to school my Senior year & graduate High School with my class! The best part was, although it wasn’t easy, accomplishing this with my beautiful baby boy, Scottie!
  2. Leaving a violent, abusive marriage: I was married to Scottie’s dad at age 17 when 6 months pregnant with him. Four years later, my husband began using drugs, & later diagnosed as Schizophrenic. I was beaten down to little self respect left in me, threatened, & scared on a daily basis. Yet, managed to put on a happy face at work as a bank officer, which I loved! Although threatened by him if I left, I gathered up the strength for Scottie & I, & kicked him out, changed the door locks, & divorced him! Two years later, I married a wonderful, loving, caring man! This June was our 40th anniversary!
  3. In 1991 I contracted Lyme Disease & 2 other tick diseases. Since, I was the 1st in our area of the state to be stricken with these illnesses, I was not properly diagnosed until a year later. It was not until then I started receiving the correct treatment of IV antibiotics daily for 6 months. Up until then, I had been given the wrong medication which permanently damaged my Immune System. The antibiotics helped, but did not cure me. The lapse of time caused all 3 tick diseases to become chronic, which I still suffer through every day. My deteriorated health forced me to give up my much loved 19 yr. banking career.
    Although my limited condition prevented me from working, I just could not sit around feeling sorry for myself, so with the help & encouragement of my former bank president along with a fellow schoolmate also diagnosed with Lyme Disease - I organized & began the Lyme Support Group for our area of the state of Missouri.
    It wasn’t easy by far, but as our health allowed - we presented speaking engagements at schools, clubs, businesses & even a Lyme Symposium which drew 500 people - all to educate the public & medical community that Lyme Disease was here! Also, the potential danger of ticks, proper removal, prevention, symptoms, & treatment!
    This is something I thought I could never do, & yes - I got up & spoke to those 500 people & to all those groups because it was more important to help prevent others from going through what I’ve had to, than to sit at home sick & in pain feeling sorry for myself!
3 Likes

A big hello to all yinz out there, I just love that pit w/the pretty pink lips…
Well I got divorced w/ 3 kids under age 11. One with severe ADHD which became bipolar by age 13. I was buying the house we lived in so it wouldn’t upset my kids by moving. Then 4 yrs later a man I knew from high school (and had married n divorced a good friend of mine), just so happened to pop up in my life. He couldn’t find work in our small town of about 2000 ppl so we moved to a larger area. I was terrified. He’s been great to us all and in 2010 we finally got married. So I have to say moving to a metropolitan area from hick town, marrying the love of my life and meeting ppl like yinz on games. Bc we don’t go out much now he’s retired n I’m a disabled nurse. Was born with arthritis but still pushed on n was able to work 31 years. I miss it so much.
But this game helps me relieve the depression I wish you gave out a few more coins tho, bc I got myself in some trouble n overdrew my acct ALOT.
Well I’ve said way too much but love the game.n glad to meet yaBrandy A. Sadie

2 Likes

Deciding to to college for a challenging IT degree without a dollar to my name. I graduated, met my wife and took a job at a company I’ve never left

2 Likes

My sister was miserable at college so i drove 4 hours across the state on the highway (i hate driving faster than 40mph) alone through the mountains. I still can’t believe i did that!

2 Likes

I always from as a little girl wanted to be a big truck driver. That dream came true after breaking away from from two husbands first husband was an alcoholic and second a drug addict which I started doing drugs with after seventeen yrs to first husband and fifteen years with second I got clean and made my dream come truer drive locally now so I’m able to relax playing game thanks tripeaks

3 Likes

I took care of my mother when she got dementia. I would have never thought I could have done some of things I had to do.

2 Likes

Having a baby! Never thought I could do it and I did!

2 Likes

We got married at 19 years old. Had 2 daughters back to back. Now I have 6 grandchildren. Coming from a broken home, dad split and mom was crazy. I told you that to tell you we been married 39 years. I am not the man I would have turned out to be had I not met my wife Neely. Thanks for listening.

4 Likes

Coin me baby…

Had 4 kids and am able to stay at home to raise them. The rewards are limitless! :heart:

2 Likes

I was married 19 years with 3 chidren when I got divorced. My kids were 10, 9 and 4. I stayed single fo 17 years and learned to be independent and very self sufficient. I learned to do all my home repairs, I even dug and framed a patio for concrete. Today my oldest daughter is 36 and tells me how she learned to be independent from me and she was always so proud of me for all my accomplishments. Never thought I would ever do half the things I learned to do! I am now married and had a hard time giving the repairs to my husband! Lol!

2 Likes

Raise my daughter by my self at age 19, and now she’s married has my granddaughter and is due anyday for my grandson. Family is everything. And I’m a domestic violence survivor almost 30 yrs now.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story. It’s a tough one. You seem like such a strong woman. :pray:t2::pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::innocent::innocent::innocent:

3 Likes

Going to nursing school. Getting married. Never would have thought those things would be part of my story, but here I am.

3 Likes

For me it was taking an infant into my home that was not my own and raising her the past 7 months. Loving her and watching her grow and gaining the courage to k ow that someday I will have to say goodbye

4 Likes