Player Spotlight: Meet Brandy A!

This week’s player in the spotlight is an inspiration. Her story isn’t an easy one to read, but it’s obvious that her strong will and desire to always do the right thing makes it one with a uniquely happy ending. Enjoy the ride…

Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/pspot-brandya

Then, for a chance at 10,000 Coins, 5 Volcano Cards and 5 Wild Cards, answer the question below. Five people who answer the question will be chosen at random to receive the goodies.

Here’s the question - What is something you did not think you could do, but somehow managed to do it, and it changed your life forever?

For me, it was taking a huge chance by going to one of my bosses super early in my career and telling him I wanted to work on a certain of project that I’d own solely. I’d struggled with how I’d ask him, what I’d do if he said “no”, etc… etc…, then finally did it, and his reaction was essentially “Yeah, that sounds good, do it.” Two months later he was gone, but I’d begun the project and had the rest of the company’s support. It propelled me into the career I love to this day.

What’s your story?

32 Likes

Navy boot camp. There were times during boot camp when I seriously wondered if I was going to make it through it… but I did! I learned a lot about myself.

Throughout the rest of my life, when things get tough, and I momentarily feel like I can not go on, I remember that I can do more than I think!

14 Likes

I hated driving and didn’t think i could do it in bad weather…until my husband had to go and get treatment and i had to drive to get him there thru an ice storm an hour and a half away…after i did that i knew i could do anything, in spite of my fear.

7 Likes

live on my own and raise my family

6 Likes

Making the decision to leave an unhappy marriage with two young children at 30, going back to college and becoming a Certified Dental Assistant and moving to another state to start my life over. Change is never easy, but happiness and growth are the rewards of stepping outside of your comfort zone and taking a risk . :heart:

10 Likes

I was a single mother and displaced worker in 2008. I fought the US Labor Dept. to get our benefits, after months of being denied I finally got it. Went to college and graduated with 2 degrees, 3 certificates, and 2 diplomas! I was so proud of myself, the first in my family to graduate college.

13 Likes

My husband and I have 38 years both of lost her parents over the last few years. Someone told us that now we had to be “the adults”. I’m glad I get the chance to be an adult. A lot of family and friends haven’t gotten this far. I think we’ve done a great job! :yum:

9 Likes

Going to college after I dropped out of high school. I was able to give my family the life I never had and completed my GED and associates while working, running a business and raising a family. Today I am so proud of what I was able to instill and provide to my boys.
They have turned into very good looking, hard working and independent young men! Very proud of that!

4 Likes

I have had friends to die of cancer, helped with their the problems that they would let me do. But when my husband got cancer, I really didn’t think much about. I thought we would do the chemo and then get on with our lives. That didn’t happen from the time he was diagnosed till he died was 17 months 1 week 3 days. I really didn’t want to face that I was losing him for good. Even with the talks and the regrets about what we did and didn’t do it was hard. But I have made it 6years plus later. Have to do lots on my own and when to know to ask for help. Still miss him, still get mad about him dying but I’m active and doing good.

11 Likes

I went to college at 45. I am a mother of 7 and grandmother of 10. I finally decided it was time and went for it. It was really hard going to college as a single mom with kids and working full time. I never gave up and graduated magna cum laude at 49. I am loving teaching more every day!

8 Likes

Single mom for a large part of my life. Without good friends I wouldn’t have made it. Now retired with an awesome guy in my life. I feel so fortunate!

5 Likes

I never thought I could start my own business, have employees, and run it, and be successful, and THRIVE! Here I am 15 years later and I’m making more money than I ever dreamed I would and LOVING my life!

6 Likes

I was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 44 years old. That was 26 years ago. Back in those days there were not a lot of survivors. I decided I would beat the odds and thankfully I did. A positive outlook was my best weapon along with a great surgeon.

5 Likes

I was a graphic artist with no medical background, and if you told me a few years ago, I’d be giving up my small business, a gift boutique, to run nightly IVs and do sterile procedures on my child, I’d have called you crazy. But that’s what happened. My daughter was born with a rare birth defect and against all odds now lives at home on IV nutrition. She’s the absolute coolest kid! and being her mom is the most challenging and rewarding job I’ve ever had, so I guess we’re exactly where we’re supposed to be

14 Likes

Going from a regular drive to job to a work from home. 14 years on September 19 and still love working every day!!

5 Likes

Never thought I would get over two strokes, It took time but now it’s like I didn’t have any. So thankful and never take life for granted.Now I stay as healthy as possible.

6 Likes

My story is being a Veteran and meeting the love of my life. We meet in 2013 after we started dating. I realize how seriously broken her and her two children were. They came from a very abusive relationship with her ex/kids biological father. I mean abusive to the point of wanting and still wanting trying to kill them.

I had a choice to make run or help them fight. Run or help them grow emotionally, mentally spiritually and physically. Run or let another child with mother be a statistic. Well I chose to fight for them and with them. Now my wife has full custody. The daughter who tried to commit suicide to escape the pain feels loved like never before. The son now knows what a father is and suppose to be. My wife is now getting the love from a husband she dreamed about.

Now the story with the ex isn’t over yet. It will be because I believe in a God that will protect us like He did me in the military.

As a soldier, a veteran I fight for, protect, and love my family everyday. Because love erases all hate and heals all wounds

9 Likes

I lost my husband of 35 years in 2011 we did everything together we had two beautiful girls and now we have four beautiful grandchildren I guess my biggest fear was doing stuff outside of my comfort zone like wherever we went he always drove I never had to pay any tension which direction we were going or how long it would take us to get there what route we had to take but since he’s passed I’ve had to learn to drive large areas of traffic I live in a small town so for me that is a challenge so learning how to Follow a map find the right cut off plan my adventures which by the way I do a lot with friends and family and I’ve gotten pretty good at it not bragging but gotten pretty good I’m help raise my four grandbabies have two girls two boys and I couldn’t be prouder of them all I’m proud of my daughters I’m proud of my family most of all I’m proud of myself

6 Likes

I have a wonderful son who is 9. He is amazing. His father and I have been together for 20 years and we have a beautiful dog (looks like a pitbull, but isn’t). I couldn’t ask for anything more.

4 Likes

Graduated nursing school at 36…with a 16 yo, a 4 yo and a 2 yo…Only one person in my life believed I would do it, especially when we recieved a diagnosis of Down syndrome and a major heart defect in our 4 year old while I was in school. My husband knew how bad I wanted to sign RN after my name and despite some setbacks, we made it together and all of my kids got to watch me graduate!

6 Likes