Player Spotlight: Jessika D!

This week’s Player in the Spotlight has a great way with words - and the pencil! She’s an artist who has shared a couple of pictures with us, as well as some interesting answers! Meet Jessika…

Read all about her here: http://bit.ly/pspot_jessikad

And then for a chance at 5 Free Wildcards, answer this question below: What song always makes you happy or puts you in a good mood, and why if there’s a reason?

Post your answer to this question (IMPORTANT: you must actually answer the question! You can’t say “here for the wilds, man” and win). We will pick 5 authors at random on Friday and award them 5 Wild Cards!

For me, it’s Raspberry Beret by Prince. And I don’t know why.

Tahd

17 Likes

You are the wind beneath my wings.,because it always reminds me of my husband who really got me through some tough times. Especially when we were caring for my mother that was stricken with alzheimers. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks Mark,I love you.

12 Likes

Nice article-I enjoyed reading it!

2 Likes

Je n ai pas grand chose à dire , juste que j adore ce jeu.

1 Like

Anything by Hilltop Hoods, because they have such fun music

3 Likes

Lazy song by Bruno Mars. My mom passed away from cancer, but before that…we used to sing and dance to that song alllllll the time. Missing her so much!!

4 Likes

IMMIGRANT SONG LED ZEPPELIN Anything by Led Zeppelin is awesome but this song needs to be played LOUD! It makes me happy because it gets my blood pumping. I love to rock out!

4 Likes

Build Me Up Buttercup always makes me smile. It’s just a fun song to listen to.

5 Likes

You are my sunshine. It reminds me of my granddaughter. It is our song. I done get to see her because of a divorce situation. I miss our times but when i hear that song. It gives me joy in my memories and hope to see someday again. She is the sunshine of my life❣

9 Likes

Any time I he a r Sweet Caroline, my mood improves drastically. It brings back memories of loved ones that are gone now, and weddings and wakes. There’s just something about it. My husband and I saw Neil Diamond in concert twice and it was fantastic.

5 Likes

Celebration by Kool and the Gang. We played it at our wedding over 33 years ago.

1 Like

I’m racking my brain but can’t think of any. I think I may be drawn to sad songs.

1 Like

This is a tough one. I have favorite songs for every mood. So, I feel that in order to properly answer this broad question, I have to at least list my favorite song when I want to be in a good mood and get motivated and also my favorite all time song in general slow and upbeat.

Favorite song to listen to anytime:
1.)Jolene by Dolly Parton. Although there’s nothing that could compare to Dolly, I will admit that I LOVE Miley’s version of Jolene ALOT! :blush:

Favorite song to listen to when I want to get motivated or pumped up:
2.)Missy Elliot’s Work It (Actually an amazing workout song as well :wink:) you’re welcome! OR 3.)Nirvana (Smells like Teen Spirit)

Favorite slower more relaxed song:
4.)PURPLE RAIN By Prince no explanation should be needed here, but the man was nothing short of a Legend. There will never be another artist like him.
5.) Elton Johns Tiny Dancer- Reminds me of my beautiful little girl who brightens every day and makes my life complete. Without her, I honestly don’t know what life would be like for me today.

~Brittney D.

3 Likes

I can’t say that I have one specific song. But there is an artist who has made me happy lately and it Dierks Bentley. The reason being is my son has had a really tough year with loss and me getting sick but every time Dierks Bentley is on the radio my son and I sing and laugh together like nothing else matters. Dierks Bentley is my sons favorite artist and he knows all the words to most of his songs so when I see my son sitting in the back seat of my car singing and dancing around thinking I don’t see him, it makes me smile and happy to see him happy.

2 Likes

Queen dont stop me now… because it reminds me of nights out when I was younger

2 Likes

I love music very much and there are so many songs that touch my heart and lift my soul and spirits. One of the songs is by Beth Miller from her movie beaches and the reason it means so much is because it speak about a friend who is there hero. I cannot remember the name of song though. Must be my old age. lol.

1 Like

Shinedown’s Crow & The Butterfly
Pink Floyds Shine on you crazt Diamond
Queen We are the Champions

2 Likes

Bob Marley’s 3 Little Birds does it for me every time. It reminds me that no matter what struggle comes our way in life, worry and stress wont ever solve it! We just have to try to be happy and live gratefully, every day is a new opportunity to look to the small great things we have to appreciate, and let go of the things we cannot change. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

amy winehouse 2ill be a legend of pop music for ever! her voice nobody can copy!! an great emotional songs!!!

2 Likes

Whistle While You Work…when we were children my brother and sisters had to clean on Saturday. My mother was very ill and my father was working. My mother felt terrible that we couldn’t be out side playing, so we would sing to show her we were happy doing our chores.

2 Likes