Father's Day Forum Question: What Did You Learn From Dad?

To pay your debts and to treat people the way you would want to be treated

1 Like

My dad showed me to work hard and that your work represents your character. Give 110% never do anything half a_ _.

1 Like

My father spent extra time teaching me things I struggled with, especially math reasoning skills and how to ride a bike or hit a ball. He showed me how patience and perseverance will lead to success. I became a teacher and always remembered to teach patience and perseverance to my students.

1 Like

My dad immigrated here from Burma in 1980, and it was rough in the beginning because when you convert the money it becomes almost nothing. He was rich in Burma but after the conversion I think he only had like $8000!! But he worked 2 and then 3 jobs. And he barely spoke English. But in 7 years he finally bought a house in Daly City. And this story taught me hard work does pay off.

Father’s Day is coming up… well, in a couple of weeks, but it’s never too early to start thinking about it!

Is there something your father, or someone in your life who was a father figure, taught you?

Answer below for a chance at 100K Coins, 10 Free Plays, 5 Wilds and 5 Volcanoes! We will choose 10 folks who answered the question at random next Thursday and award them!
[/quote]

2 Likes

My dad taught me life is grand, honesty, that I am an awesome person and love for another. He was my best friend and help me until he passed but I still feel his presence. He also saved me from living with my mother, who was an alcoholic, and took me in his home. If it was not him to help me, I would not know where I’ll be today. Everything I am and do is thanks to him with his love and encouragement.

1 Like

Dad always said, “If you had to pay your wages would you be pleased with your work!” Always do your best! Treat others like you want to be treated and never ask anyone to do anything you wouldn’t also do! Work beside the people that work for you!

1 Like

My dad always said there was nothing worse than a thief and a liar, so that always stuck with me and I hated trying to lie to get out of trouble I always felt too guilty!
Also my dad taught me my most important lesson ever you never break a promise!!! If you don’t know if you can do something then be honest don’t promise it!
When I was ten my parents said dad was going to stay with GPA a few days just a break. Dad swore he wasn’t getting a divorce then when he was he promised he’d never move away and leave us girls! I went on vacation to see family and when I got back my dad was gone!!! Yep he broke his promises he got a divorce moved 13 hrs away from home with his now wife!!!
I learned then you don’t ever break a promise about anything even something little! Its the same with the thief and liars its about your word and it should count. I was taught by someone who in the end didn’t keep his word! But boy did I learn how important it is to keep my word to ppl even if it means sometimes I have to be honest about things I hate saying!!
Be a good person let ppl know if you say it you mean it you will follow through so if you say you’ll be there or you love them they know how real that is to you also!!!

2 Likes

My dad taught me so many important things in life. One of the most valuable is when life gives you lemons make lemonade. :slight_smile: He also taught me a great work ethic & a passion for exercise. My dad is in construction & he always had us helping him at work & on the weekends we would go hiking in the mountains or do fun runs for charity. He taught me not to be afraid to try new things & to always have fun. He loves doing all kinds of activities like triathlons, marathons, skydiving, hang gliding, parasailing, rock climbing & many other things. He is in his 80’s & he still mountain bikes almost daily. I love you dad!

1 Like

When I was about 10 years old, my father taught me about the strength and power of the human mind. We were sitting together watching tv, and he started tickling my feet, to pester me, because he knew it made me crazy. Lolz… Then he stopped and said, “I bet I can tickle your feet and you won’t laugh at all.”.
I was like, " No way… Impossible!". Then he explained how to concentrate on telling your mind NOT to laugh at all… and, that WE are in charge of our brain and WE tell it what to do. He said, “Are you in charge of your body, or does it control you? Prove it!”. So, I let him tickle my feet and, although the urge to giggle was overwhelming, I didn’t let out a peep! He said, " See!" and, I was amazed!! To this very day, I remember what he taught me about inner strength, and it has helped me overcome some very difficult times.

1 Like

My dad taught me and my 5 siblings to always look a person in the “eye” when speaking to show respect to the other person, but also because it demonstrates to the other person you are honest!

1 Like

One quarter of all I am, all I know, and the choices I make are directly lessons learned from my pa. 1/4 each from ma, others (family, friends, teachers, strangers, etc…) and 1/4 self-learned.
1/4 of my personality, humor, faith, loyalty, hard-headedness, compassion, empathy, social awareness, ethics, repect, morals, etc… are gifts my pa gave me. So I learned how to be me and have the gratitude and understanding to know it was a community who formed me and my pa was one of this “community’s” leaders. Happy Father’s day pa!

I learnt to be honest & to stand up for those who cannot do so themselves.

1 Like

My dad taught me how to ride a bike - I remember him riding the bike backwards! What a show off. He also taught me about saving money.

1 Like

My Dad taught me what it truly means to be an free American citizen & to celebrate the men & women who faught for my freedom. And he taught me how to drive a tractor :tractor:

My father was a good man in heart and spirit! He never lost sight in the lord. He has been got now 8 years but dad had a special way of teaching everyone everything, from gardening, to family,show love :two_hearts: and compassion! But most of all to show love :two_hearts: to the lord!!! You was very strong :muscle: hearted man and one that was hard to follow in your footsteps! He always told not matter how deep you are standing in the mud the water is always wash it clean!!!

To never depend on anyone but yourself to be happy…! If you are unable to make yourself happy then no one can make you happy.

No matter what choice I make, it’s ok to make a different one if it doesn’t work out for me.

Love everyone and don’t judge others, you don’t know other’s circumstances.

My dad installed a high level of work ethic into us, and taught us the value of family and respect for one another

My father teached me how to work and how to be an independent woman,they Best les son un muy whole life!