Father's Day Forum Question: What Did You Learn From Dad?

Father’s Day is coming up… well, in a couple of weeks, but it’s never too early to start thinking about it!

Is there something your father, or someone in your life who was a father figure, taught you?

Answer below for a chance at 100K Coins, 10 Free Plays, 5 Wilds and 5 Volcanoes! We will choose 10 folks who answered the question at random next Thursday and award them!

35 Likes

The best lesson from my father was that I was worth it and not to settle for less

My Father always told me that “you can have anything you want, you just have to work for it.” It was true when I was young, and it is true today. Love you Dad :heart: Miss you :x::o::x::heart:

1 Like

The most important LIFE lesson I learned from my Daddy is EQUALITY. My Daddy was a master butcher, and he had a simple explanation. “Peel away the skin, and we’re all the same”. It doesn’t matter the color of our skin, what religion we practice (or don’t), or our heritage. My parents were both 1st generation in the USA. They each experienced rejection from people because of it. We were raised we are all equal. We all laugh and cry, feel joy and sorrow. Have respect for one another, be kind, and helpful to others. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Mind you, Daddy fought on the front line of the Korean War at the young age of 17. He took 3 bullets to help defend people he didn’t know. He was a man of honor, integrity, and faith. By far, my Daddy was the greatest man I ever knew.

10 Likes

You don’t just take the easy route. Go for what you want and make it happen.

1 Like

So much! Especially budgeting.

1 Like

I learned optimism from my father. To always see the good in people and to trust everyone. It was better trust and be burned sometimes than to always be suspicious of people.

3 Likes

Von meinem Vater habe ich renovieren und das anschließen von Lampen gelernt. Von ihm habe ich ein Faible für Handwerksarbeiten

1 Like

Biggest lesson from my dad was that family is everything! Pick your battles wisely because truly no one will love you like your family!

2 Likes

My Dad taught me honesty, how to be respectful, how to work hard and take pride in it, and most importantly pride and patriotism for the flag and our country. RIP Daddy.

6 Likes

My dad taught me to be on time for work and to always do your best. I still follow those rules in my 60s.

2 Likes

Never do what makes you miserable. Find your passion and make it work for you.

1 Like

I learned from my Dad how a man should treat a Lady. My Dad taught me to be respectful to others and how to be the good person I am, thank you Daddy.

2 Likes

Dad taught me to be self sufficient, and always strive to be the very best. He also taught me to gather facts before arguing for myself.

1 Like

What I learned from my father is DON’T DRINK! He was an alcoholic. I learned alot from my mother, most importantly BE STRONG! Don’t stay.

1 Like

My Dad taught me that as long as I worked hard I could do whatever I wanted in this world. That got me through college and now I’m an Aerospace Engineer working for NASA!

5 Likes

I learned from Dad to be appreciative and thankful for what we have in life because there are others who don’t have much.

3 Likes

He taught his kids well and passed away and we still coping with his loss. He was a great male model for his kids and my other son

2 Likes

My Daddy taught me when the going gets tough.the tough get going Never Quit!!! You can do anything!!! Your Daddy’s girl!!!

1 Like

My dad taught me to work hard and not let anyone put you down and stand on your own,be a doer not a follow and to give it your all and help your family that is in need ,I love and miss my dad he is in heaven looking down on me and protecting us ,it’s been 22 years and I still sit and talk to him at the grave site today tommorow and forever!!!

1 Like