Father's Day Forum Question: What Did You Learn From Dad?

The most important thing that every father and specially my father taught me is that family is so important! You love your family no matter what. Even if there are tough times, family is going to be there if not anyone else so love your family unconditionally. I don’t think anything else matters than family and togetherness! Happy father’s day in advance! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I learned to have a strong work ethic from my dad and to be kind, friendly, and supportive.

2 Likes

My father taught me the importance of respect, hard work, and how to be a parent.

2 Likes

A good work ethic, don’t lie, don’t be late

1 Like

My dad always said when go for a new job interview, just remember they need you more than you need them, and there will always be an employer that will see this in you. In other words hold your head up someone will see your worth!! :smile:

1 Like

To never judge anyone. To love with everything you have. My Dad taught us what it was like to be loved unconditionally.

2 Likes

My father as been gone for 31 years. When I was a little girl I didn’t feel like I was pretty. I ask my father why I wasn’t as pretty as a cousin I adored. He look at me and said these words, You might not be the prettiest flower in the field but you’ll aways be picked. He was right. At 66, I still get picked. Love you daddy. RWG.

2 Likes

My dad died when I was 3 years old so my mum raised us on her own and she taught me that life can be extremely hard but no matter how hard it gets u pick urself up and dust urself off and always fix ur crown and keep kicking ur goals my mum now has passed away

2 Likes

The biggest lesson I learned from my Daddy is never settle for less than I deserve, and He also taught and showed me Growing up exactly how a man should treat his wife and children and how to always put his family first!!! He is no longer with us now. He was killed by a drunk frivier in 2008 when I was 21 but I will always keep his memory alive and cherish ALL the lessons he taught me growing up!! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

My dad was a character, but he did instill in his 5 children a lot of the things that have already been said.
“You want something work and save for it, live within your means, don’t flaunt your wealth. Well not until you’ve saved enough to retire in style. And always be there for your family no matter what!”

2 Likes

He taught me how to spit. I don’t mean outside honking up a lugee. I mean, in the bathroom, brushing your teeth. Not spraying all over the sink, the mirror, etc. Directing it to the trickle of water in the sink. It’s really an important thing and my friend doesn’t know how and spits all over the bathroom.

2 Likes

My Dad taught me that I can do anything I set my mind to. I learned how to use tools, change a tire, install light fixtures(even though I’m terrified of electricity) and how to never say, “I can’t” but instead say “I’ll try!” I hope to be more like him when I grow up! Love you, Dad!

1 Like

Lessen my daddery taught me was be who you are strong respectful compassion understandable

1 Like

He right me to dream big and to always be kind.

1 Like

I learned from my Dad, that “ it doesn’t matter how you start, but how you finish!”
I can apply that lesson to just about everything in my life! And I’ve passed that saying on to my children!

1 Like

My dad has taught me so much over my lifetime. However one of the important ones would be my work ethic.

1 Like

My dad was teaching me to play frisbee and I could never catch it because I was scared it would hit me.
My dad said “Dont be scared of the frisbee! It’s not going to hit you if you catch it!”
Next throw I stood right there as he threw it to me anddddd hit me right in the mouth giving me a big bloody lip!
So what I learned was… DONT PLAY FRISBEE WITH MY DAD!
Fyi we tell this story and laugh now and occasionally I’ll get the random text from my dad “don’t be scared of the frisbee” :joy:

2 Likes

My dad taught me that it’s ok to be myself, to make up silly lyrics to songs, to ride with the windows down, and to make crazy faces in the mirror just for fun. He was my biggest fan, and I miss him everyday.

1 Like

My father taught me to think for myself and make my own decisions.

1 Like

My father is in a rapid decline with his Parkinson’s and it’s happening fast. 2 things he taught me, you treat the homeless man and the CEO the same, both demand respect. 2nd is to give to my children with a warm hand than a cold dead one. Meaning, help my kids. Don’t wait and have it all be in my will. See the kids happiness, it will give us joy. These stay with me as I watch my hero suffer like no person should.

1 Like