Club Spotlight: Kellcat

This week while going through the email, we were touched by the loving answers that Phyllis, from Kellcat, provided about a Club named after a player who inspired them all to be better people. Cheers to Kellie…

Read the story here: http://bit.ly/cspot_kellcat

And if you’re so inspired, leave a comment about one of the most wonderful things you miss from someone you knew who is no longer with us. We’ll choose 5 answers at random and award the authors 3 Wild Cards!

13 Likes

So often your teammates represent a score. This team shows what our teammates truly are…people. So very sad that she lost her battle, but so touched by the lives she impacted, just by playing a “game”. RIP Kelli.

3 Likes

What a bittersweet but beautiful tribute. RIP Kelli

2 Likes

What a touching story. Each of you have been blessed to know Kellie and I’m so very sorry for the loss of your friend.

1 Like

Mine says page not found :disappointed_relieved:

My grandmother never missed sending a holiday card. Even for Halloween, grandkids day, any holiday. It’s always the little things you miss.

1 Like

What a heartfelt and sad tribute to their former leader, I am so sorry for their loss.:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

So touching and kind.My condolences to you guys.It’s wonderful that your club are able to bring smiles and peace amongst eachother.I love the fact that your club started at the bottom and worked your way to the top and to top it off with a bomb a** slogan never give up.My prayers.:pray:t5::pray:t5:

1 Like

My sympathy in the loss of your leader and friend. I would have liked to have known Kellie. She sounds like a humble, yet inspiring leader. Keep her spirit alive by continuing her team, playing as she would have and sharing memories of her. RIP Kellie.

2 Likes

I think Kell didn’t tell her teammates she was dying so that they would never dispair and continue to play the game, support themselves and carry on what she started 3 years before. This was s woman who was unselfish. She could have solicited sympathy and words of encouragement, but instead wanted the team, now her friends, to be hopeful and continue to give all their support to each other.
It must have been devastating to hear the news but they are rallying behind the memory of their founding leader. What a woman and what a team!

2 Likes

What a lovely tribute. The game touches so many people in so many different ways. I started playing as a stress release and have had the pleasure of being on several great teams and meeting many great people. You can’t help but see that some people take the game very seriously like it may be a big part of their life. Some people share their family problems and you sense perhaps they may come to play to escape family drama. I once had a teammate who had a massive heart attack and his wife told us he couldn’t wait to get back to his Tripeak friends. The point is we never know what’s going on in other peoples’ lives and sometimes something so trivial as a game could be what brings a lonely person company; offers a troubled person support or provides an infirmed person something to look forward to or serve as a needed distraction. I like how it connects so many people from all over the world all with their own story to tell.

2 Likes

So sorry for the loss of kelly. She was so strong to continue right till the end. She loved her team you can just tell.May she be smiling down on you all. You all have a guardian angel.Do her proud.

1 Like

Your club sounds an amazing group to be a part of. Encouraging, supporting, and getting to know your teammates is what has made your team a success. Your tribute to Kelly was very special, and I’m sure that she is smiling down on her teammates from heaven. How special a person she was to you all :heart:

1 Like

Tiene toda la razón como cambiar al mundo si no somos capaces de cambiar nosotros primero, la vida es un regalo maravilloso y hay que vivirla día a día y compartir lo poco o mucho que tenemos con los demás así con acciones simples ganaremos más que un amigo y seremos y haremos feliz a alguien más.

1 Like

Seems like love and mutual respect has bonded your club. So sorry for your loss of a fine and kind leader. Continue her legacy and you will all grow wiser and happier.

1 Like

:heart:️:two_hearts::heart:️Kellie sounds amazing the fact to never give up is the best motto. She sounded like a true inspiration so sorry for you all’s loss​:heart:️:two_hearts::heart:️she was very inspiring

1 Like

This team reinforces to keep doing what I do. I make Sock Monkeys and the proceeds go to help cancer patients (Relay for Life). When my club Fun in Florida found out, they all pitched in to get monkeys. I ship all over the U.S. and even to Australia. The kindness in my club & others I here about, keep me going.

Prayers to Kellcat club & Kellies Family.

1 Like

This team came together in a short time and stayed loyal to each other for several years. Though they’ve never personally met they share a truly remarkable and unbreakable bond. KUDOS Kellcat Club​:100::100::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::heart::heart:

1 Like

Team Kellcat and phylis ty for sharing. You made me teary eyed but This should remind everyone that we are people each with our own story and no matter what adversity don’t give up.

1 Like

How do u expect us to write about someone who once impacted our lives and we miss so dearly? Not after reading this wks Spotlight…We all people and feel like we were part of KellCat and once new Kellie. What I just read, felt and had a personal experience…Will not be drowned by a story I have to share. Kellie’s story is too real and too close to home for many of us.
Phyllis, thank u for sharing Kellie’s story and remembwe… Not only has Kellie handed her Club over to a group she trusted and loved, but she is still very much part of Kellcat with her fighting spirit and unselfish, humble soul. KellCat will always be winners, a family, a team and friends. I have no understood the true meaning of being in a club and being part of a team. Thank you Kellie (RIP), Thank you Phyllis, Thank You KellCat and Than You “good day” (the club I belong to).
The last thanks goes to…behind the scenes, programmers, technicians etc who created & who continues to improve this game…
The Family of Tripeaks Solitaire :pray:

2 Likes