Club Competition Freeloaders

I know I can’t be the only team leader with this scenario so what have you done with members that join the club competition but refuse to contribute in it? They are excellent players otherwise, so I really don’t want to remove them, but in the competition they earn few, if any, shovels and still receive the same amount of gems as those who earned all 24 shovels. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I have hardly won any games in the dig competition UNLESS I use boosters (Wilds/volcano)and buy extra cards…To win…
So if they are not willing to force a win they could be playing them all an just not winning…

3 Likes

No they actually admit not playing just to receive the gems. Besides, they have millions of coins. Why not spend some on the competition. You can’t take it with you.

1 Like

We had the same situation. Two weeks in a row, PJ qualified and refused to play any more games, even when asked to in chat. So we showed them the door. Our motto is Don’t qualify if you aren’t going to play!
*There were multiple issues with this player: we wouldn’t boot someone just over the digging competition!

5 Likes

Thank you for your responses. I know giving them the boot is an option, but as I said in the original post, they are very good players otherwise in the regular game. I really would hate kicking them out just because of the competition. It’s so hard to find steady good players that would abide by our modest rules.
If there only was a way the leader could stop non contributing players from receiving the gems, maybe this would encourage them to play the competition instead of quitting after qualifying, which hurts the whole team.

5 Likes

I agree! We have some each week too. They qualify but then don’t participate in the digging.

2 Likes

We are having the same problem in our club with the same scenario as you describe. My co-leader is very frustrated. I do think it could be a situation, in our case, where they aren’t winning the games or using the boosters to win the games and therefore don’t get any shovels. They don’t chat AT ALL. So I really don’t know what is happening. I also wonder if there is a language barrier. I’m not sure what to do either because they are good contributors to the game.

4 Likes

Bearly,

Thanks for your input. Communication is a must with my team. So, if they don’t communicate, they get the boot, regardless how many points they contribute. I call them out 3 times with their name. They should know what their name looks like no matter what language they speak This may sound cruel but, this is a game not a language school.

1 Like

I play, I don’t have a million coins and I’m not buying boosters. When I qualify if I’m able to win without buying extra cards than I will. I agree don’t just qualify and not play, however I’m not paying to play.

3 Likes

My experience: I simply do not have enough coins sometimes to contribute all of the wins that I would like to. I’m not freeloading, I’m just not as good as my clubmates yet … I’ve asked my clubmates and this forum for tips on improving certain aspects of my game and have gotten very limited feedback. It seems that sometimes I am expected to figure the tricks out on my own. Obviously I’m only one player, but it’s difficult to receive much criticism, limited or no guidance when I’ve requested it. Perhaps I simply belong on a different team. So maybe ya’ll can help me: HOW DO I ACCUMULATE MORE COINS AND CLUB POINTS WITHOUT SPENDING WHAT I ALREADY HAVE?
I appreciate any help that you’re willing to offer! Blessings to all … Happy Holidays!

4 Likes

This post is a little dated as I stopped playing like this for the most part, but the ideas should still be good starting point for beginning to intermediate players.
One big difference is I stopped caring about red stars. Made red star legend leaderboard 7 times and the time I needed to spend getting to and staying in legend got old pretty fast. Another difference is I completely stopped advancing through the game.

4 Likes

Play level 213 on penguin rock repeatedly. It often pays over 3k when you lose and sometimes up to 5k for a losing game. I’ve gained over 10k on a winning game several times. Don’t worry about speed, play strategically to get the longest streaks possible. Level 214 also has a high payout, but I tend to do better on 213. All the levels on penguin rock tend to have higher payouts. And more coins earned means more club points.

4 Likes

Although the strategies are helpful to some, please keep this thread on the subject originated, which is Club Competition. There are other threads on strategies or you can start your own thread. Besides, by now you should know the powers to be read these threads and when people start concentrating on the best payoff boards, they change the boards and that is no help to anyone.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing along time but I’m not sure what you mean by shovels I know I try to get as many Tributes as I can. And I’m usually in the top 6 contributors. I wish that more people would click on the free gems, were short people every time. And we should try trying the most difficult Perks first it looks like it has a ton of prizes then go to the first after that’s complete!

Just my thought!
But if someone could tell me what a shovel is that would be great.

JillyBean

1 Like

I would not remove players who didn’t qualify from competitions . especially if they are good players other wise but they might not qualify because the game makes you loose spend your money and boost and still it gets quite expensive. I think it’s unfair of others to want ppl to be penalised. But again your club.

2 Likes

Jillybean,

We’re referring to the shovels in the club competition. But if you don’t know what that is, maybe you don’t have enough players on the team to qualify for the club competition. The shovels are used to dig for gold and the team competes with four other teams for gems.

1 Like

So, today I “qualified”… but didn’t win my qualification game, and have 0 shovels. I have no idea what the implications will be if enough members qualify and the competition begins. I’m going to keep reading / searching, but I sure hope I don’t inadvertently come off as an uncooperative nincompoop

2 Likes

Yep, highway robbery

1 Like

That is an age old problem among the likes of ppl who hold off playing until the club gets the golden tiki back and the like. Super frustrating!
Unless the ppl that admitted that, actually make points/minimums towards perk and cqs? Its a dilemma lol

1 Like

Don’t worry I moved on

1 Like