Your Changes Stink

I’ve still got the old shrine board. I’d rather have the one you all are talking about. I’d love more free plays and wild cards.

1 Like

Is it possible this person is from corporate? With a disguised account? Either than or a really really really new player. Scavenger hunts are awful - as everyone knows - and the rewards have decreased. Poor ROI for the coin spend - scavenger hunt? I’ll X out. 28K for 3 wild cards? Cheaper to spend real money. 28K coins - that’s crazy. Totally a GSN plant, methinks

1 Like

No. Remember I gave you some advice a few months back on more cards and best use, that’s me. I really doubt a corporate account is going to be so generous.

But it’s a true I am a new player, June 2019 was when I really started playing. However I’ve progressed to the point where I’m now a 85k club points a week diamond red stars player on Tiki Seas. I’ve also played games since the 1980s so as far as challenging games, Tripeaks solitaire is near the bottom of my list with regards to tough games but near the top as far as fun games, at least in this point in my life.

So it’s with this perspective that I’m passing on to the forum: People have no regard to how bad it gets when they ask for stuff and don’t realize new stuff is often paired with major negatives or the game will actively scope out broken qualities in a game.

One prime example, people bragging about tiki beaches 90. And then it gets nerfed.

Your also not thinking completely clear with regards to the math. First we now know that its more like 200k for 3 wilds making the new shrine a very bad joke, but consider the 28k coins for 3 wilds. That’s an excellent deal. A booster costs 6k and doesn’t guarantee you anything. But a card that is guaranteed to finish the game (plus red stars plus completion points In the 2k to 3k range) costing 9333. Please. If 5 boosters cost 350 gets then 5 wilds would be equal to about 542 gems. That’s an easy buy. Basically you need to do the math to convert coins to gems to rewards and you see how the game values each item and then you can properly value what things are worth.

This way you know when to use a buy more, when to use a wild card, when to use a booster, when to use a volcano etc and then you can adapt and succeed while others are left flailing on Tiki Seas.

Also scavenger hunts are easy (im at jellyfish jamboree) but OF COURSE it’s not as easy as the old hunts, but it’s certainly better than 650 suits for 6 volcanos. That’s another example how bad it can get once the developers revalue or value a reward properly

It’s also obvious people are not optimizing their game. One example is the obsession with winning games when that’s only needed for gold and red stars and merely desirable for club points and nothing else.

Sometimes advice is just advice and not some ulterior paranoiac spook playing mind games.

4 Likes

I do remember! I am so sorry for maligning you! Thank you for being so kind. I was borrowing from an industry I’m in where competitors, in this case, post negative reviews that sound legit but are not.

Again you’ve offered some great and valuable info, which I appreciate - thank you! Some of it, I’m unfortunately not tracking though. For instance, the connection to jellyfish jamboree and scavenger hunts - which aren’t level specific like general progress is. Also 650 suits for six volcanoes - I’m unsure what that means, as well as - the tiki beaches 90 thing.

I do grasp the theory of what you’re talking about though and have done quite a bit of that myself, as well as systematizing other things, which I won’t talk about here for exactly the reason you state. I’ve noticed that on the forum frequently and winced every time, because as sure as the company learns people have figured out a way to “beat the system,” it will be changed so that the company remains profitable and optimized.

I still like the shrine. What I win matters not to me. I congratulate people and collect the medallions so the shrine costs me nothing. I don’t understand people who think the shrine is a waste either, because to me it’s a glorious opportunity to receive tools that help my game.

3 Likes

I don’t like it either, barely worth dropping a medallion. Rarely get a good result anymore. Very discouraging. They are making it too hard to have fun. I will no longer purchase any coins or packages. Why bother. Even with the boosters etc. it’s still extremely hard to make progress. I like a challenge, but this is getting ridicules. Already have good players leave the game. :frowning:

2 Likes

No worries. First, i apologize if my post was too over the top in tone. But with your background I now understand your comment. It would not have have occurred to me to think that way as I’m far removed from that field, even in my day to day personal life and retract my spook comment.

Now back to business, I was referring to a quest for volcanos a couple of weeks ago that was 2/4/6 volcanos where you had to win 650 suits to get 6 volcanos. My comment was so far no scavenger hunt was as miserable as that to complete.

TIKI beaches level 90 used to have a greater frequency of boosters than common but people start to post super high numbers on that level and it was later… revisited by The Game.

Because the scavenger appears to be at least be pseudo random (it doesnt feel completely random but I could be wrong), for players who advanced very far in the game they are stuck with tiki seas and paradise as hunt locations due to the sheer size of those worlds as compared to tiki beaches and skies. So I qualified my statements as being easy by mentioning that I’m only touching the surface of tiki seas and therefore the hunts are still relatively easy for me compared to other players. That being said i have found Tiki Seas to be easier than Skies, but I’ll reserve full judgement until if/when I get deeper in seas and paradise.

Everything else you said I agree with so I’ll not comment as to not draw any attention.

2 Likes

Just when do you plan to change the 8 hours back to 4 hours. And again, get rid of Scavenger Hunt.

3 Likes

I don’t like the fact that the medallion has to land in the freaking bucket in order to win the jackpot neither because I lands in there alot it’s hard to land in that bucket and they know it. Need to complain about that also. Take away the stoopid bucket. Spelled it like that on purpose.

2 Likes

I still have the old version but even so it’s harder to get wilds now

2 Likes

I just got an update to update the game and when I got it back, it has this version of the Treasure Shrine now.

1 Like

Looking at the update log it says MORE scavanger hunts!
Come on GSN, are we a JOKE to you! NOBODY LIKES THEM!! GET RID OF THEM OR I WILL BE QUITTING AND BOYCOTTING!

2 Likes

You actually get less with the new shrine. There are 2 slots, but the algorithm is set up so that you don’t benefit. This shrine is definitely not beneficial to the player.

4 Likes

Believe me you do not want the new shrine. I never get the wilds anymore. I was getting the 2,000 and 500 most of the time and I got not one wild. So I gave up. I will try again another day. But if after so many of not getting any I stop.

3 Likes

I got it as an update a few days ago and all I’ve gotten is 500 points and a couple of trap killers so I have not played it much.

3 Likes

Your not getting 500…your losing 2000 coins if your using coins instead of medallions. Crazy cuz now theres 4 slots to lose coins , only one slot for boosters n funny how the end slots were constantly being hit and now that the wilds are there it wont even go near it. One night I hit the end slots as medallions 8 times in a row! Now the wilds are there , zero, zero times do I hit it. Its fixed!! Also called CHEATING …way to tripeaks…hope people keep quiting then it’s too late for a comeback.

2 Likes

I have never paid to play the treasure shrine, even before it updated to this newer version, I do wish they would not have the 500 coin slot, but every medallion I drop is an increase for me whether it’s coins or boosters, well because the ones I play were always free I just bank my free medallions from the thank the winners and when they offer them on the fan page

3 Likes

Me too @Tracy! I only play free medallions :slight_smile:

Several of us have asked to get rid of the medallion slots in the shrine (including me) & they did

3 Likes

I had asked to get rid of them also, when it was the one to the big kahuna…but I really didn’t mean for them to stick in a 500…lol.
I had put a few suggestions out there but didn’t use any except the get rid of the medalon. I also keep my medalon when I get them so I don’t pay for them. I am sort of getting ahead when I go play the shrine because I spent no money on them. Just wish mine would drop in the wild slot which it really never does anymore.

2 Likes

I was shocked to see the 500 coin slot too, and immediately sent in multiple feedback tickets for that, I am glad the medallion slot is gone…Things that make you go hmmmmm. But again I only play free ones so it is what it is at least for now, and I am ahead irregardless and I really only played the shrine to collect extra boosters anyways.

5 Likes

They definitely have the new shrine rigged, and just like the rest of you, I used to land to the outside in the free medallions 30-40% of the time, now, I never land to the outside into the wild cards!!! As a matter of fact, if I even hit the wall, it automatically falls into the 500 spot…what a load of crap! Greedy company!! No longer player friendly whatsoever

2 Likes