I had a new member today in chat ask about how to stay in the top on the leaderboard. Through conversation I realized many things he didn’t know that those of us playing awhile are used to so we don’t think about it. So I thought I would post my tips to him in case others don’t know:
- Red stars erase after each leaderboard week on Sunday nights. Yellow stars are permanent and never go away.
- Use red star boosters when you know you have at least 45min to sit and play.
- When it resets start at level 1 and play through unless you have a conflicting quest or free plays you want to use, or tributes to find.
- While booster is on, dont replay levels a lot. Play it twice. If u dont win go to next one. If u complete but don’t get all 6 red stars move on anyway. Your looking for quick stars in the beginning.
- Try not to do levels you haven’t earned red stars in unless u have a booster activated. So if you get a “win _ games” or diamond dash, etc, play levels u have already earned red stars. This is also a great way to then earn the time or streak red star u may have missed before.
- Unless you are in an extremely competitive league, dont use more than one red star booster a day. It can burn you out.
- Save at least one red star booster for Sundays. Most people are burned from starting out league tournament hard over the weekend (which is where many earn red stars). Often they dont have boosters left or are just ready for a break. Swooping in last few hours will usually give that last push you need to finish well.
Sorry it’s long but maybe it will help someone
These are great suggestions! Thnaknyou for posting, :).
Great idea to post this! I have been playing for 3 years now and had to learn as I go. It would have been nice to get the tips early on in my TriPeaks venture!
Thanks for your input. Gave me some new ideas.
If you download Bingo Bash and GSN Casino you get 20 more very easy games to earn red stars. When you have these games downloaded from the App Store, the little sailboats open to reveal 10 games each.
Thank you I did share yhus !!!
I used to start over on the first island every week after reset but then I found that as it got closer to reset we seem to always get red star quests, so now I start on level 1 but maybe the half way mark, saving the first several levels for that end of week red star quest and quick stars to push it out!!!
I’ve been playing for a year but many of your suggestions I never knew. Thank you for sharing.
Save your boats for Sunday.
I posted something similar to my team on Monday when a player was asking how to get more RS doublers. I was surprised how he was utilizing his doublers every time he played. We have a club fb page so it helps to put the list there for all on the team to review.
All of these are sound! Just one adjustment, don’t go to level one at first. Ifyou have enough coins to play start at an upper level like the 2500 hundred level. Keep the lower levels for when you don’t have enough coins so you can finish quests for clubs, aces non island specific quests.
@Honest_Play_Mommy great tips, thank you. I use my red star boosters, but I didn’t know that it’s not good to keep replaying the same level more than 2 or 3 times may be futile. There were a couple of other tips in your post that I will try as well.
I’m still relatively new to the game and I’m on my 2nd club, I like passing on info to help my club mates out.
Once again, thank you for the tips.
YES! That’s what i do! I play my 1st 5-10 tribute games and i save anywhere from 5k to 10k for Tiki Island and if I’m done with Tiki Island and still have free coins
left i start on Aloha Harbor! But Only if i have that quest! AND a booster! Otherwise,usually take my time! As far as Tiki island goes!!
Thank you so much for this information. Very helpful. What do you mean "restart at level one? Go all the way back to the tiki section?
Yes, exactly! Because Tiki Island is the easiest place to get your red stars, after
Reset on Sunday night! Turn on Red Star
Booster! Before u start and your self climb up the red state leaderboard! And have some FUN!!
I’ve been playing for almost a year & I didn’t know a lot the tips & tricks. I’m finding this very informative
A post was split to a new topic: justMe looking for a player
Thank you so much for sharing. Most i knew but some i didnt.
Thank you for that! As a new player of about 6 weeks, already have figured some things out the hard way, tips like these are very helpful.
I’m still not quite sure how to activate the boosters - I have quite a few of them - and also, don’t know what these are that you mentioned: win _ games” or diamond dash
Are they boosters like the trap torch, wave, etc but I’m not familiar with them yet?