Translator options it’s a global game but doesn’t give an option for translating text so teams can communicate with team members

Need to be able to communicate with all team members throughout the world sick of loosing valuable teammates through not being able to chat and communicate even a country of origin would be a starting point

3 Likes

I wonder if you started a FB page and posted it in motto or in the new reader board if you can then your team could communicate using translation?

3 Likes

My team uses a FB page for translations; it works very well, when people check it. The problems are that not all team members are on FaceBook, & we have several members who speak unknown languages, so we have no way to tell them about our FB page! It would be great if team leaders could see what country each player is from; might allow translations to be included that way, as we would know what language to translate to

3 Likes

Already have fb page problem is how do we get them to the page so we can use a translator thanks

1 Like

If they ever say anything in their language in chat, you can use Google Translate to detect what language they are speaking. Once you know what language, you can tell them about your FB group page. That is, if they check chat.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I was mistaken, Google Translate doesn’t auto-detect language from a screenshot. Back to the drawing board on that point. :frowning:

But if you know what language they speak, and if they check chat, you can translate the invitation to your FB page in their language.

Our team have players from all over the world and have tried quite a few different greetings from players that speak multiple languages and not had any response, had hoped someone found a way around this barrier and as not all players are on fb either, but that’s another issue. thanks for responding

2 Likes

Our team changes their name to include their country or state if in the US. i.e., Terri-Australia. (no I’m not from Australia, just an example)

Unfortunately this game is developed in English. I’m not sure there is an easy answer.

2 Likes

@Bev_Scott, those people might not even know how to check chat. Or if they can’t read English, they might not even bother.

2 Likes

Or it would be atleast helpful if they let you copy and paste what other team members say so you can use google translate

2 Likes

Hi @Tayah, copy and paste would be wonderful! In the meantime, did you know Google can translate from a screenshot?

Tutorial: Translating Game Chat Conversation 🌐

2 Likes

Good to know @CindyLu! I didn’t know that!

2 Likes