Too early for a St Patrick day theme

So today, on St David’s day, the developers decided to start the St Patrick day theme. Which means we have to be bombarded with green for half the month. It would have been nice if they had done something for St David’s day today! Such a tactless thing to do

2 Likes

Dumb question… What is the significance of St David’s day? I’ve never heard of it.

1 Like

St David’ is the patron Saint of Wales, like St Patrick is the patron Saint of Ireland. Then there is St George, patron Saint of England, celebrated on 23rd April and St Andrew for Scotland, celebratied on 30th November

2 Likes

I love the new theme, I just wish we could win more coins!

4 Likes

Always wish that! And I’m sure most people will love the new theme, it just shouldn’t have started on the 1st

2 Likes

I remember when the themes would come AFTER the holiday. I disagree and think it’s grest! I like the change of the cards (just wish the games were easier to win)

3 Likes

Sorry can’t agree with you. It’s nothing to do with if you like the theme or not, that’s just personal opinion. But if you are going to create a theme to celebrate a UK patron Saint day, it would be great manners if you knew the dates of the other patron Saints and waited until the 2nd of March to start the one for St Patrick. Shows a great lack of understanding!

Wow! You have your panties in a twist. St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated through out the world. The other Saints are not. Just enjoy the game and stop getting offended.

@Jadisc, here in the US we have to endure Christmas starting in October, Valentine’s in January & Easter in March. It’s not about the actual date of occurrence. For some it’s about marketing, but I like to think of it as getting the most enjoyment out of a celebration as possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like it :grinning: the green is cute

4 Likes