Questions about the Forums?

If you have questions about how the Forums work, or how to do something, don’t be shy - please ask them by tapping the “Reply” button below.

1 Like

Made this most in error

1 Like

How do I create a new post

While creating a new post, and choosing a title, I was notified that the title needed to be at least 15 characters. However it was no easy task to edit the title because with every character I typed, the notification box kept reappearing and covering the title box. So I had to close the box, type a character, close, type, close, etc. Just a little annoying glitch, just wanted to make sure the developers are aware. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I guess I am a chatty Cathy. I reached my max number of topics for my first day, but the last one I tried to send was a message to a member.

Not that I’ll ever post as much as I did today, but will I be allowed more topics as I spend more time here? And do messages always count as topics? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Errors lead to wisdom.” John Lennon (not really, but sort of drives the point home :wink:)

2 Likes

Hi Sarah - you just did! Congrats on your first post! :smile:

Thank you Cindy - that’s annoying. I’ll have the developer see if there’s a way to turn that off.

2 Likes

Hi again Cindy - the software probably leans too “paranoid” for our tastes, as it’s essentially taken into consideration all of the ways that message boards get abused and has a sort of cadence at which it promotes people from one level (severely limited ability to post) to the next (more freedoms, more trust, etc…). If you’ve been on other game boards, you might understand why the concern. My experience with this particular audience is there’s very little to be concerned about when it comes to abusing the systems (that’s not to say it doesn’t happen, but by and large, this community plays by the rules and is polite).

As you progress, you won’t have as many restrictions.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your attention to both of my posts. YAY :):grin:

1 Like

How do I create a new post?

@Suella_Chapman, to start a new post, find the best category your post would fit, then hit the New Topic button :slight_smile:

1 Like