Question for other leaders

I have just started a new club and one of the club mottos is 10k before sunday night.
My question is if someone doesn’t reach the 10k by sunday night do i boot them right away or wait until perk celebration is over?
If someone reaches 2k yes i would because i could easily make up those points myself but if someone is at 4k it seems alot of points to lose at one time. Especially if you are working on perk 6.
What do other leaders do?

2 Likes

You wouldn’t lose your perk progress if you had to remove someone. The points do get subtracted but perk progress (the green bar) does not go backwards. I suppose it depends on what are your club rules. A minimum daily club points and minimum daily tributes are required to work as a team to complete perks. Is the player new? Has the player communicated. As long as a player communicates absence it’s A. Ok Is it a vetran player in the club. Does this player constantly remain on the bottom 5. I’ve also seen hard working players with high scores and high tributes get removed because causing drama, bringing down moral being negative. As for collecting perks, if they have been removed and had not collected, it should still be in their inbox, if that is an issue that player can contact support. Unless you straight out ask if they collected their perks, you really don’t know.

6 Likes

Ok thanks tracy. I did not know that. I assumed when you removed someone and you lose their points that the perk suffered as well. That is very handy to know. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Shi Sharon :blush: Congrats on starting a new club. I am a active co-leader. We discuss all decisions and make them together. We have a weekly minimum of 30k BUT it changes when a extra perk comes out which we notify club immediately of change. We watch the #s thru out the week. At the moment we have a solid club with no new members but still have to stay on top of a few and we, although a game, want to do well, so we have removed vets and friends if minimum isn’t met. 30k isn’t anything just as 10k by Sunday isn’t. Keep an eye on #s and we also have a 20 hour max idle time. Unless notified a person gets removed being idle more than that. I guess we r a more strict team with our rules and what not. But it works FOR US. Find what works for you. Good luck :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks Karen. That was very helpful. I am aiming for the top so want to be strict but fair. I was co-leader in another team but leader went MIA so started my own team. Most came with me when I started. I tried to get everyone on FB so they could contact me or vice versa but it’s hard with new players. I’m sure they think I’m gonna stalk them lol :slight_smile:

6 Likes

How did you get them to do anything? I am new leader of 1 month
I started a FB page no one has joined. I have rules in Club Notes that I tell about in chat. I have asked multi questions - time zone, their ideas, etc. No one responds. One rule is no guest after 12 hrs. It is hard if you have 3 guests for instance, to know which one is responding. I have one who is a top player always that I have kept but, he is still guest. What more can I do?

2 Likes

Hi Carolyn. It takes time and patience. I have set rules 'new players 2-3k before going idle, 10k by Sunday and 24hrs non idle and I stick by them. My aim is to get into the top 500. We are now at 333. A few we get booted this week because they won’t make the quota. As for guests I give them 3 reminders on chat and leave a note in club notes. If they don’t respond they get booted. I don’t like having guest as a player. It is very rude. :slight_smile: hope this helps. I have had the team for 2 weeks now. I have a few on Facebook but not all of them. That usually takes time.

4 Likes

Thank you for your guidelines. I really like the one of a min.before going idle. It is my experience that most only play a couple of hundred. And a few actually play less than 50.
I will now remove them. I am so glad to have you and this forum. Carolyn

6 Likes

You are welcome. If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Good luck : slight_smile

2 Likes

What is Club in a box?

2 Likes

Click on the club house, you will see 4 tabs, my club, rankings, discover and Inbox. The inbox will be players askkng to join if you have your club set to invite only

4 Likes

Tracy, Thank you. I clicked on that daily and could not figure out what it does. I guess the big question is how do I get people waiting to join. haha

2 Likes

What happens is once you accept that player will get a notification, they need to click join. By than they may have already joined a club. We usually set our to public, but the downside is we remove alot because they don’t read chat, you get alot that join just to collect and not play. It’s a revolving door, but you will get lucky and good players that communicate. Good luck!

3 Likes

Yes, Tracy I keep shifting between public and private. I din’t get anyone when private and the public is filled with “guest” some of whom do not even play for 1 point. They stay on roster with 0.
I now have a 2 hr limit to change name and a 1000 point minimum to go idle first time.
Rules don’t work because few read them.
All said, I love having my own club and I think I am slowly getting a pretty good group of players. Thank you for your help and for being available. I have a lot to learn.

5 Likes

Definitely keep your rules, don’t shy away from that, and don’t get too discouraged with the revolving door, you will get great players!

5 Likes

We have not very strict rules. 20k minimum. We are a relaxed team with the emphasis on socialization but making our Perks. Lately we have been hit with much tragedy so for me, I through all the rules out the window until the team can again get on their feet. We laugh a lot. Much banter with nicknames for some. We may never be in the top ten, kudos to those who are, but we are more of a family than a team per say. Sounds like you all have awesome teams.

5 Likes

Where you write notes and stuff

1 Like

When you open chat there is another box that says club notes. That is where leaders and co-leader can write things for club members. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, our Club is Invite only…but since game start this week, 3 players have gotten in without Leader or Co-Leader approving the join…How is this happening???

I thought only Leaders & Co-Leaders could approve new player’s request to join.

1 Like

Ckick the club house, and than manage under where you can edit your motto it will say public, click the arrow to change to invite only

3 Likes