New Club Leaders Don’t Enforce Club Rules

One thing we did re the tributes is actually lowered the daily tribute requirement. It was at 75 than we reduced it to 25 daily. This made a huge difference, 25 is absolutely reachable daily, and tribute chasers well exceeded

2 Likes

I hear your frustration and I use to be the same until I was made a co-leader. We have a what’s app group, it was started for all members but only the leader, myself and two other co leaders wanted to join. We discuss in this group what is working what is not, how can we improve the club etc.
We have made some changes to the rules, we got down to 7 players at one point, because we had guest that would not change their name, despite it being a rule so we would remove them, to fix this problem we changed to invite only and we do not accept anyone who is named guest.
We have had other issues over time but we discuss them and then make the ncessary adjustments.
We do not always remove everyone if they do not follow the rules, we are a gold team and working on a group of players who are team players. We find that we do not have to remove people as much as before, because we are lenient. We have one player who we believe is new to the game and her score is way below the weekly minimum and we have decided to let her be and see how she goes, sometimes it takes a little while to get into the rules. I joined my hubby and he is still after several weeks asking me questions, but has become one of our top players.

In short we decide by watching the players what type of player they are. The members rarely use chat, they come in to play. One case tonight one of our top players had 0 for tributes which is not a problem as we recently removed tributes from the rules, but tribute trappers was the club quest, I told her she had to get 30 or be removed as it was the club quest and that is not negotiable. It is the first time she replied, apologized and played tributes for the rest of the week.
So we do not jump on anyone unless we see they are not a team player. I recently removed a player because in two weeks she was still only getting scores less than 3000 over a two day period. It was obvious she was not a team player.

This is working for us, it does take time to build a club and our focus is on the players before the rules, only if they are not playing the game at all, not moving up or improving their score. we have seen some players not playing by the rules gradually change their playing style. I am constantly writing on chat where we are with the quest, complimenting the team and encouraging them.

Tonight I decided to put stats up, as i was told it helps, so we will see what happenes over the next week.

Regards,

Cathy

1 Like

Thank you Cathy, for taking the time to write this out. Please know it is truly appreciated. Truly. This helps! I am indeed down to 8 players. I do not have a co leader, as no one will write back in chat. And I am very nice. Not quick to remove and have great patience. I even do gift rewards just to say good job. Leave many compliments where it fits, and now, happy to know I have this forum.

Thank you again, Most Sincerely,
Linda

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write back. I truly appreciate it!

On the tributes and cooling the volcano, is the volcano status identical at all times too all members on the club? In other words, the members that won’t play them, does their volcano cool when the rest of us play enough tributes to cool it, or are volcanos individual to each player.

Most Sincerely,
Linda

1 Like

The volcano is not unique to the individual. All members of the team see the same volcano. So members who dont cool benefit from players who do the tributes.

4 Likes

Hi Linda,

You really are too nice. I am a co-leader and I talk to my leader when the need arises. I use to be like that and I still am up to a point, but I am tougher. I keep in mind our goal and that is a group of team players, who play by the rules. I give them enough warnings and I give compliments as well, always thank the team for the completed quests and perks etc.
I have just started giving stats and that seems to be working.
Our weekly minimum is only 15000 points, we have a few that have not reached it the last two weeks, so I told them today, they need to show they are working on getting better, so those who are under 10000 this week will be removed. There are too many of them, if they cannot get at least 10000 they are not trying - 2000 or 3000 a week is really not acceptable.

4 Likes