NANA'S SWEET POTATO POEME.. BY SUGAR

This recipe belongs to me, it has been passed down through my family over 10 Generations. It’s served every Thanksgiving. My Nana past the recipe down to me. I miss her and I know she would have been very happy to know that she can share her recipe with the world :sleepy::slightly_smiling_face::two_hearts: Nana’s Sweet Potato Pome.
Things you’ll need.
The recipe I’m showing you now will feed 10 or more people.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
1large aluminum pan
10 large yams
1 cup of sugar
3/4 ounces of molasses
3/4 ounces of honey
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
3/4 of melted butter
1 bag of marshmallows
1 half of cup of raisins
1 cup of flour
2 cups of milk
1 large mixing bowl
(Optional) you can also add one bag of coconut or 1 cup of crushed pineapples. squeeze out the juice. If you choose to use pineapples, mix pineapples in with the yam content… Now (Instead of raisins) You could sprinkle one cup of crushed Walnuts or chocolate chips on top or both. Remember if you are diabetic you can substitute all sugar for sugar free products
HOW TO PREPARE
Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients accept the marshmallows, into the large bowl, stir until the texture is thick but creamy. if it’s too thick add a small amount of milk until you have a creamy texture. Pour the contents of mixture into the aluminum pan.
Sprinkles the raisins on top of yams. Cover it with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake 45 mins until firm in the middle. When done removed pan from oven take off aluminum foil, and add marshmallows. Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon on top of the marshmallows. Do not cover. Place back in oven until the top of the marshmallows are browned. Remove from oven let sit for 10 minutes then serve.:heartpulse: Ms Sugar

3 Likes