Invites to a New Club

Just wanted folks to know when invites are sent out, please don’t be offended! As leaders and co-leaders, we are attempting to strengthen our team. The intent is really not to steal from yours! We are all looking for that “great fit”, leaders, co-leaders and players alike.

12 Likes

Totally understandable. How ever I was 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks invited by a top club. I of course deleted everytime I have no intentions of moving but that is alot from the same person over and over. Than I had enough… teamed up with a some players and sent the same back to the person sending. Over and over. The hint was taken, and I recieved no further invites from them again
and I understand some clubs aren’t out to steal valuable players. I even added no invites to my name and still recieved them. If a player accepts an invite that is their choice, however there are alot of aggressive invites that does not make it fun. Read the player name for no invites, be courteous and respect that player, by placing no invites next to their name that is what it means. Multi invites by the same person , is a joy kill, annoying. 1 invite is all a person needs to do 9 in a week… not cool

7 Likes

Totally agree…I would think aggressive recruiting would indicate aggressive club leadership. Might work for some but most of us are going to pass!

4 Likes

I don’t send invites to anyone who changes their name to Name- no invites. That said I probably invite a dozen people at once. It’s hard to keep up with who has been invited.

5 Likes

If that’s the case then people sending invites need to keep track of what clubs they’ve sent invites in. My members speak pretty openly about being targeted repeatedly by the same clubs over and over and deleting them. There should be a block button not just a yes or no to respond to invites. If people can’t keep track, and others feel like they are being harassed, whether it’s intentionally or not, they have the right to be respected and left alone. They found a club they like. The person sending the invite is the one with the issue of locating someone who wants a change. It’s the senders issue to figure out how to keep track and respect others not wanting the invites.

2 Likes

With 60,000 clubs, I doubt very much that I have invited the same person twice, but I can’t be sure. I always look for clubs that have earned about 30,000 points and see if there is only 1 or 2 people earning those points. I also like it when 22 members of that club haven’t been active in days. I look at it like offering them a better opportunity. :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s the perfect place to invite. My club calls it poaching to be honest. We had a few weeks where the same club member targeted about 4-5 for sure members of my club. Trust me your scenario is not my club. We occasionally have an inactive player because of connectivity issues with the game where they’ve had to work with the help desk to reconnect and the process has taken a few days but the majority of my members are active. And communicate when receiving invites they’ve deleted. Sometimes clubs are ridiculously “enthusiastic “ in their attempts to get new members. It does get annoying and tiresome when people just are not interested. That’s why the posting board when you are looking for new players is a wonderful idea. Clubs can connect with players who are looking for a new home.

2 Likes

If I get an invite no feel honoured but there’s no way I would desert the team ivmstartde

1 Like

This is a terrible forum as I can’t see what I’m typing and if I make a mistake it’s hard cheese

2 Likes

@Hod_Tubb-johnson Someone else on this forum said they couldn’t see what they were typing either. Then they turned their phone vertical & that fixed that problem. Are you by chance holding your device horizontally?

2 Likes

Yes so I’ll try writing vertically ahhh! That’s much better thank you

2 Likes

YAY, happy to hear that!

1 Like

@CindyLu…I type in random names in the Discover area and look to see what players are in clubs that only have a few active players and if they have 1000 or more points, I invite them to my club hoping they will enjoy being in an active club.

2 Likes

I do too @Terry_Frick! I found words like ‘with’ and ‘the’ give me better results than ‘perk’ or ‘tripeaks’ LOL. Sometimes I run out of words, and use whatever I see in my previous results to start a new search. Looking for new members is exhausting sometimes!

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All you have to do is write it down. If you invite someone, keep track. Don’t invite again and again, that is just plain rude! It is up to you to keep track, why keep annoying others just because you can’t write it down?

Delete, posted in wrong place

Glad it worked for you too. I was the other one trying to use horizontal…lol

1 Like

One way around that is to not delete their invite. Just leave it in your inbox, then they cannot keep inviting you. Just because an invite is there, doesn’t mean you have to answer it. You can just let them sit there. Before I was a leader of a club, I would get invited quite a bit, and to avoid it, I just ignored them in my inbox since I wasn’t looking to join a new team. You can also change your name to Tracy-no invites that sometimes helps. I know as a leader, I do not invite anyone that says no invites. I also try not to invite people multiple times, but sometimes it’s hard to remember you may have invited vs who you haven’t. Some of us have to invite 100 just to get 1.

2 Likes

I did not know about the keaving invites in the inbox. However changing my name to no invites did not stop them from rolling in!

You might be friends with one of the members of that club also some people in club share invites to 50 friends or more on there top list of fiends they pro ally didn’t realize or maybe needed more than one that weeks sorry that it happens I’m leader n get invites also I just delete n move on