Groups within the Diamond League

How do they decide which group you get placed in for the week in the Diamond League. My team usually score 13000,000 pts for the week. We usually place 30-38. This past week the top two clubs had over 3 million pts. We can’t compete in this group. We are placed at 47. Never been that low before. We had 6 perks done by Monday morning. As a team leader it is hard to keep members motivated when we are so out of our league. New members who are good leave to get on a higher ranked team. How do they decide which group you are placed in, in a league!

3 Likes

Those 2 teams who had 3 million points were probably aiming for legend. We have been in diamond (apart from 1 week in legend) since this version of the leaderboard began. I don’t think there is any reasoning behind where you end up. We used to easily get 10th place with 1.3 mil points but lately I’ve found we are placing between 16th and 13th.

How many ranks or spots are in your diamond league?
@Katie_Maughan @Taluchei
Mine has 44
I may have a theory on this…

1. We are 4th at present, that won’t last long.
1 Like

Ok well this my theory.
There are let’s say 10 sets of diamonds leagues
And split into sections so when the league ends any team that falls into the category …
Example
such as all teams placing in 3-6 all get put together…for next tournament.
7-15
16-25
And so on …I’m not sure exactly the numbers
But this would put teams together in classes depending on there last score…
So if you rank in the top 5 every week you are getting moved to the best of the best diamond league which is why teams are dropping ranks if they don’t up there minimum points required or if players don’t put in extra effort.
Dose this make this make sense…
Iv also wondered the same thing our team places in the top 5 most weeks…we have been legend 4 times in the last year… but never 2 weeks in a row😕
I would love to hear what others have to say on this also🙂

2 Likes

It’s an interesting theory. I suppose the way to check it would be to see if you end up with the same teams in your leaderboard each week and where they fell in relation to your own team. There’s 5 or 6 club names that I recognise in my leaderboard but i don’t know what their ranking was. I’ll have to try and wake up early on Friday (reset happens at 5am) and screenshot the teams and see if I’m in the same leaderboard as them and then do the same the following week.

1 Like

I notice the same thing… a few that were in the league last week then a lot of others

I think this is accurate. I remember reading that when the game moved to the leagues (before my time), the method you outlined was the method they used for the initial placement of the teams, which is to gather all the similarly place clubs together and let everything sort out over the next few weeks.
My formerly weak diamond/strong platinum club picked up 5 strong players fleeing some madness in another club and we went from the high 40s to the high teens then over a few weeks with the same consistent gross numbers we trended down to the high 20s/low 30s.

1 Like

When they originally sorted us into leagues they made a right muddle up! For example some clubs who used to be a top 300 club ended up down in the stone league and they had to work their way back up and some at the lower end of the board ended up in platinum/diamond.

1 Like

Lol. Then I retract my comment.

2 Likes

And of course that was a tripeaks glitch…lol
Now they have worked the kinks out :grinning:
How long have you been playing? @Katie_Maughan
Sounds like a long while…
Thanks for commenting and keep me posted if you come up with any different thought on this.

Yeah at least that’s one glitch that they worked out :grinning:.
I started playing April 2018.
Will do. My only other thought at present is that it is sorted in order of who wakes the volcano first. I’m going to screenshot the leaderboard on Thursday before I go to bed incase I don’t wake up in time.

1 Like

i agree with you i came up with the same theory

1 Like

I’ve remembered to screenshot the teams in my diamond league and will compare at reset.

1 Like

We have been bouncing between diamond and legend so I haven’t been able to really track it. Good luck and I can’t wait to see what you come up with🙂

Well we finished lower than usual this week at 6th place rather than 13th (ish), however, the teams that are in my leaderboard this week as well as last are from all over last week’s leaderboard, 3rd, 7th, 14th, 15th, 18th, 19th, 27th, 30th and 33rd

1 Like

Well I guess that dosnt support my theory…
Keep me posted if you think you find something new😊
Thanks @Katie_Maughan

1 Like

I’ll check again this week. Just incase there’s some method to it, like they pick 2 from the top, 2 from the middle and 2 from the bottom.

1 Like