Double Diamond Chest or nah?

Is the double diamond chest worth the gems? What’s the best way to spend those gems? Any advise or responses with what you got in your double diamond would be really helpful. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have used it a couple of times and had great success with it! Good luck.

1 Like

I enjoyed my double diamond chests too. I save up my gems until I can buy another one. That’s what I do :slight_smile:

Having said that, I told a teammate that I liked mine, & she bought one, but thought it wasn’t worth it.

2 Likes

The screen explaining what you get (13 rewards card and 69,500 to 200,00 coins)
Meh. I got 10 card (4 wild, 4 free, a shark hook, and a trap torch) and 26,300 coins.

Rip off IMO

But worth a note to the developers. I didn’t get half the coins they promise even at the low end - and less than the promised number of reward cards.[quote=“Kimmeh, post:1, topic:32670, full:true”]
Is the double diamond chest worth the gems? What’s the best way to spend those gems? Any advise or responses with what you got in your double diamond would be really helpful. Thanks!
[/quote]

1 Like

The 13 cards also include the coin cards. So the value of all the cards including the coin cards is 69500 to 200k.

26300+ value of 2 boosters (12k), 4 free plays (also 12k) and 4 wilds (I value them at 10k each) that’s 90300ish.

The primary issued with the double diamond chest is the variance especially with respects to the other chests which have less variance. Some of the double diamonds chests are absolutely amazing, other times… disappointing. Based on what you got, I would definitely lean on the disappointing side. I think the worst chest I ever had was pretty much the 2nd worst chest possible, 17k coins 4 wild cards and 8 free plays. Could only be worse if a wild card and a free play was reversed.

The much better play is to buy a diamond chest and ancient chest for 1500 gems. The combined variance is much lower and the payout is better (on average) for just 100 gems more.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply and I will say when I complained, the developer side got back to me pretty quick. I didn’t like their answer, which is more or less what you explained @Ff2017. I likely would value the wilds and boosts at the same value, but I get it that I didn’t read it correctly.

I guess the lesson is Caveat Emptor – some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you.

Peace friends!

2 Likes

Nope. Waste of gems , most of them are.

I just tried the gems-for-chests proposition for the first time (since my gems are accumulating).
Ancient chest had:18500 coins, 3 free plays, one wild, 1 red star booster.
Diamond chest had: 16100 coins, 2 free plays, 3 wilds, 1 red star booster, 1 defuser, a wood chest, and 35 gems (a rebate!). The wood chest had 7900 coins and 7 gems.
Both are at the low-end of the stated value payout value range. It’s nice to have a few more wilds, but going forward I’ll probably revert to buying 5-packs of boosters instead.

The ancient chest is about average, the diamond chest is a bit worse than average. Combined… still better than your average double diamond chest considering the 4 wilds, 42500 coins + other boosters.

The main issue with chests is getting gems cards. They are a terrible value proposition. Any other card would be better than getting a gem card. Generally speaking once you get a gem card, invariably you tend to be looking at a below average chest outcome.

1 Like

Bought it twice liked it but like others have said not worth the gems. I use my gems to buy 5 freeplays for 175 gems. I use them for my tiki quests . Then I can go to level 1 and play for 100 coins the card collection quests without wasting freeplays.