Club Spotlight: Soaring Eagles!

Look! Up there in the sky! Are those birds? Why, yes - they’re SOARING EAGLES, and thus far, this unflappable (except for their wings) Club has soared into the Platinum League through hard work, grit, determination, and a sharp sense of humor.

Read all about it in the Solitaire TriPeaks Blog: http://bit.ly/cspot_soaring-eagles

Then - for a chance at 20,000 Coins, 5 Wilds and 5 Volcanoes, post your answer to this question, which was inspired by one of the answers from SOARING EAGLES: What’s the most elaborate or best practical joke you’ve ever been witness to?

We’ll choose five authors (who answer the proposed question) at random.

For me, it was a friend from Canada who was in town. He had another friend meet me for coffee at a little cafe while he sat a few tables away. I spent the evening going “I know that’s him… that has to be him!” and my friend kept saying “Don’t be silly… looks nothing like him” or “I just talked to him yesterday - he’s still in Canada!” The Canadian friend even came up and asked if he could read the magazine on our table. Then finally, after about 2 hours I couldn’t take it anymore and said I had to go… and at that point, he 'fessed up and we all had a good laugh.

Let’s hear yours!

10 Likes

Not very exciting, but had the good old fashioned apple pie bed trick played on me during a school trip to France many moons ago!

2 Likes

It was my first time in Tenerife (one of the spanish island named Canarie - cose ti north Africa). When I went visiting the beaches down south I immagined ti encounter long beaches with fine yellow Sand, instead I found a steep and rocky coastline. It was barely impossibile to get in water and batch. A Guanci (this is how the natives are called), started intertaining me with the following story. A couple of years before an italian man had to call for help and found a fisher who called police which sent him an helicopter saving ahim cause couldn’t get out of the ocean!!The same summer back in Italy talking with a nice boy I had just meat it camera out it was him!! Now we’re happily maried since them!! It’s been 4 years by the thai August!

2 Likes

My dad woke my sister and me up and got us ready for school, he drove us to school instead of waiting for the bus. We couldn’t understand where everyone was, it turned out it was a Saturday my dad laughed so hard my sister and I were not amused. I miss my dad every day since he passed away 29 years ago.
My name is Barbara Willis
My club name is Perks up
Luella is our co leader and is the hardest worker on our team.

5 Likes

My Dad was the greatest prankster. One year he kept telling my 8 yr son he was getting him a baby doll for Christmas. My son would tell him what he really wanted. Christmas morning my parents came over bearing gifts. When my son unwrapped his gift it was a box showing the baby doll. My son with tears shouted he didn’t want it. It took a while for his Grandpa to coax him to open the box inside was the present he asked for.

3 Likes

It was April fools day and my mom called my older brother and said his snowmobile shop was on fire and the fire Department was trying to no avail to put it out and before she got out those April fools words he had already hung up the phone and left the house in his boxers and drove the few miles to discover it was just a joke. Okay I know what some of you are thinking and I agree not the best idea for a joke however after he calmed down we’ve been able to look back an laugh at mom’s not so funny prank

2 Likes

Some years ago in college we had a roommate who could be a pain in the @#$$,
So we would hide all his sneakers so he wouldn’t be able to come out with us. Well one time with a special event coming up we did as we usually do and hid his footwear, well he flipped the tables on us and had hidden a pair where we couldn’t find them. He showed up, and yes he was a pain, but he got us so we just laughed and enjoyed the event.

2 Likes

On a family trip to Arizona in the early 1990’s, my 12-year-old self arranged to have my mother publicly “arrested”. We were spending the afternoon in one of those tourist-y old gold mining towns (or a replica of one, anyway). The streets are made of dirt, a player piano twangs from the corner saloon, and the employees are all dressed in early 1900’s desert frontier garb. I told my parents I wanted to browse in the “General Store” across the street by myself – do remember that I was only 12 and we were thousands of miles from home so this was a real feat, even for back then. Instead, I sneak into the “Sheriff’s Office/Jail” and describe my plan to the “Sheriff”. Moments later, as my family reunites in the middle of the street, the Sheriff loudly called my mother out and described her “crimes” to a street full of startled onlookers, as well as to my mortified mother, who by now has deer-in-headlights eyes. The Sheriff handcuffs Mom and leads her towards the “Jail”, all the while holding her at fake gunpoint. It’s obvious by now that the whole charade is a prank, and Mom can’t stop laughing. We still have evidence of my big joke – an old-timey looking “Wanted” poster with my Mom’s mug shot, taken at the time of her “arrest”, plastered square in the middle.

It may not have been elaborate, and I’m sure the old mining town does this type of thing on the regular, but it’s the best surprise I’ve ever managed to pull off on one of my parents in the 27 years since.

2 Likes

This simple prank will make your victim think their computer is hanging all the time when it’s really not. Whenever I see the busy cursor I feel irritable. Can’t help it. The mere idea of this prank happening to me makes me want to punch something. But, if you promise to never use this on me here are the directions:

For Windows: Go to the Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers and change the Normal pointer to the working one.

For Mac: This prank option isn’t readily available but you can still mess with the cursor. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display and drag the cursor size all the way to the right to make the mouse pointer gigantic. While you’re at it, you might as well mess around with the other display settings like inverting colors and turning the contrast all the way up

2 Likes

For Christmas a few years ago I drove across the country with my little brother to surprise our mother… I pulled up at his best friend from wayyyyyy back when s house and asked if I could stay the night there so I could catch Mom early the next morning… When he said yes I asked him to help me bring in my luggage… he nearly passed out when my little brother got out of the car…It was the first time his family had ever seen him cry… Best Christmas present ever!!!

4 Likes

My husband’s first job out of college was as a scientist for a very large, well-known food company, in their Pet Foods division. On his first day, there was a department meeting where it was brought up that consumers were complaining about rancid dog food that was making their dogs sick. They brought out a can of dog food, opened it up, and each person in the room took a spoonful and declared that it did taste rotten and rancid. My husband didn’t want to look bad, so he followed suit, although it made him almost vomit to think of eating rotten dog food. Turned out, it was just a joke-they put corned beef hash in a dog food can to see shat he eo7ld do.

3 Likes

My best friend is a prankster. She picked me up at the airport last year… with a big sign saying “welcome home from prison”. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My mom past away last year and every miles stone since her passing there has always been an eagle flying over me so close that I see the eyes.

3 Likes

Although the person I pulled the prank on didn’t think it was funny, I did. Found out a guy I was dating was cheating on me. I knew one of his other girlfriends and when we both found out that he was cheating on bith of us, we went to the hotel, where he took this other woman for the night, and flattened his motorcycle tires. We both got the last laugh on him. He never found out who did it either.

2 Likes

My first date with my husband was on his birthday. I went to the hostess station, asked for cake with candles and staff to sing for him. The hostess said okay. When I returned to the table there was cake with candles and the staff started singing to me! I had to show my drivers license to convince all it was my husband’s birthday!

1 Like

My husband died in July 2010. 4months later Christmas nite we had a house full. One of our friends brought her dog.the dogs name was Harley.One day my husband’s best friend Mike called I said to my son let’s get him.Tell him I have a boyfriend named Harley.my husband had only been gone about 5months. Make started asking my son questions like how long had I’ve known him? Was it serious? My son kept it up
Saying I really loved him.my son said the more he talked the more upset Mike got.then he told him that his name is Harley.then we hung up. About an hour later we sent him a picture of Harley.He called back and told us we really got him we still laugh about it.I

2 Likes

My next door neighbor put a bottle of Nair in her boyfriends shampoo bottle. He didnt get much of a laugh from it. Lol

1 Like

Ok, so…
Guy, we’ll call him ‘Frank’… Frank has a roommate we’ll call ‘Brad’, Brad has a cat he loves very much and is constantly doting on her. So Frank is all ready for April Fools day… but the prank starts off a week earlier.
Frank starts scooping the litter so it looks like Brad’s cat hasn’t been using it. Brad, after a couple days, starts voicing his concern about how his precious kitty isn’t ‘going’ and he wonders if he should call a vet, etc… this goes on for the rest if the week and Brad is, needless to say, very worried.
Then April 1 rolls around and Frank… uses the litter box!! YES FRANK… Brad sees this and thinks his poor precious little kitty has been backed up and finally went, but he freaks out when he sees the size of what’s there…
Kind of gross, but it was a “solid” prank. Lol

1 Like

What’s an apple pie bed trick?

The best ‘prank’ I’ve ever pulled personally was July 4th weekend 2019. My cousins in Tennessee were hosting a huge party and I wasn’t sure if I could go or not, since we live in Indiana. The day of the party, i call my cousin and ask for their address so i can “send the baby a birthday card”. I spent the next 4 hours driving to their house and when I got there and opened the door, the cheers, laughter, and tears, were so overwhelming. My cousin came running in crying so hard because she was so happy I came and surprised everyone! Even my Momma had NO idea I was coming. BEST homecoming EVER!!

1 Like