Club leaders need better management tools!

CAubrey57- I had not seen the CQ track either- can you give a hint where we might find that tool?

In our chat we now have what looks like a book. On the left side of that book, it shows all kinds of things like if someone joins the team, if you remove someone and some of the maxed CQ. It doesn’t show all of them, just a few. My thinking everyone has to toot the horn for it to record the max, but I am not positive. Like I said, it doesn’t work all the time. Also on the left side there is a tab off to the left. I think they are going to give us private chat eventually.

1 Like

The right side is the current chat.

The horn can only be tooted once in any 24 hour period. It’s pretty useless. The number one ask over the last six year that I’ve played is to give us some way to see who has/has not maxed the quest and has been ignored. They can show a list of the shovels used in the dig and how many points earned for the boat race - but not how many “games played” or “games won” or “red stars/tributes/club points” have been earned. I call b.s. on that one. Bottom line is that it’s only helpful to the players and will not generate revenue so it’s not worth the effort in their eyes.

2 Likes

Well said and I completely agree. The game developer seems to only focus on creating stuff to add revenue, but doesn’t apparently play their own game as a leader- if they did they would make our job easier. I can’t ever recall how many times we have stayed up late just to make screen captures when a quest flips over

1 Like

You are so right Shae! They couldn’t care less about the leaders/co-leaders. I don’t care what anyone says, if our jobs are done right, to run a team as a team and keep everyone happy, it takes a lot of time. If GSN would take the time to help us, the teams would be run more efficiently, players would be happier because we would know who is cheating and who chooses to be a team member. I also believe, after just learning a hard lesson, that only leaders should be able to see these stats. Let me explain why before people get upset. We had a simple cp CQ, and 1 of the ladies, who usually says “we aren’t going to get this one” came in that morning & said she was going to a “all you can eat wings then a birthday party” so she wouldn’t be able to play much. (What?) She then came in later and said she was back but “we aren’t going to make this one” and I told her if you max your CQ we will make it. She then went idle. I was rather upset and unfortunately said in the room what happened. BIG MISTAKE the room also got upset hinting they wanted me to boot her. I calmed them and apologized, because this lady usually maxed her CQ and we all have those days so let’s move on and get the next CQ. People calmed down and agreed. Well, needless to say the next day her and her friend came in, she left without saying anything and her friend said I don’t like bullies and left. Another person asked why we lost 2 people now we couldn’t get the CQ and they left. I lost 3 people by sharing information I shouldn’t have shared. My co-leader was 1 leading the charge to remove the lady, because she doesn’t keep track of everything, I am the only one. So if only leaders could see this information we wouldn’t have a repeat of what I did. I was wrong, I admitted it and apologized before the people left the team, but it didn’t do any good. I hope by sharing this, no one will make the same mistake I did. That was very poor leadership on my part. If what we are asking for ever comes to light, I hope they take this into consideration. I can dream we will get what we ask for. I have been a leader since teams started, so I am not delusional, just hopeful LOL Let’s not give up trying. I am thinking they are going to do something else with that little flag that is off to the left of the new information panel. Let’s keep trying and hoping!

1 Like

I absolutely agree that there should be better management tools - particularly in tracking members’ play without having to spend hours doing it. Leaders, and co-leaders, want to enjoy playing too!!!

As for people leaving…From experience, I can say that there is nothing you can do to prevent it, and I really don’t think that you needed to apologize for other people’s decisions to leave. If they were loyal members, they wouldn’t have left.

Drama is a club killer in any game!!!

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. We don’t tolerate drama, and instigators are removed quickly. I do think that better tools for the club leaders would result in less drama and fewer mistakes or oversights - which can cause a team to get stressed out, especially when some people either feel that someone is getting away with not doing their part.

I happen to have an AMAZING team and sincerely trust that when someone writes “maxed” in the chat, they have maxed. The way we track who has maxed is with a list posted in one of the notes that starts out with a complete list of the team members. As they say maxed, we remove them from the list. When I first started this, everyone was grateful with the exception of one person who we later found out was not being honest. They were promptly asked to leave (which they did) and they didn’t say a word.

I think it bears mentioning that the only quests that are required are the tribute quests and any one that has one or two wild cards as a reward. If we are super close to getting a quest that only pays coins or free plays, we will try to finish it but not if it requires spending 10x what it pays.