Club Gift Box - Not Free?

Can someone explain to me why a club member had to pay $1.99 in order to unlock the club gift box? For as long as I’ve played, it has always been free. However, a new member stated that she had to pay in order to open it.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that nor have I ever paid to unlock the club gift box. For future, they should take a screen shot and ask support that question. For all we know they’ve changed it for new players, which still doesn’t seem right to me.

3 Likes

A new format was rolled out yesterday, and my hope is that the charge was just a glitch.

1 Like

By new format, do you mean the screenshot below? If so, I did not have to pay to unlock the club gift box.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I meant by “new format.” The member who had to pay is very new to the game; however, I gave her clear instructions on how to unlock the Gift Box and she did it promptly. I’ll know later today if the problem is club-wide or something that she did incorrectly.

2 Likes

I don’t think this new format should affect unlocking the club gift. Also, not everyone, even if in the same club will have this format.

2 Likes

This morning, I was able to unlock the club gift box without a problem and no charge. So, I think that the member just clicked on something other than what I asked her to click on.

As for the format: Why won’t everyone have the new format??? Are there members in your club who don’t have it??? I don’t see the logic in that.

1 Like

Oh good, I think they may have tapped on something else as well.

As for the update, this is normal for TriPeaks. If there are issues and players report them, they can either fix the issues or improve on, before all players get them…at least that’s my theory, as it only makes sense.

2 Likes

i think players with longer standing get these changes first,we at least know what most of it does…newbies get overwhelmed

1 Like

My primary tablet continues to show that the Perk I’m playing for is not correct. Scopely is trying to help; however, none of their suggestions are helping.

In firing up the tablet that holds my second account, I discovered two things: The format has NOT been changed and the current Perk is showing. So, it appears that my primary account is being used to test the new format…which also means that the incorrect Perk is likely a ‘bug’ and has nothing to do with my tablet. (Actually, it’s kind of fun, being a ‘test’ account!!!)

2 Likes

I have members in my club that has been with me since 2019, and they still did not get this update, and they’re co-leaders. Some leaders did not get the update but some members did.

1 Like

So, there’s no rhyme or reason as to how the accounts are selected… I wonder if it has to do with frequency of play. That would make sense! My main account plays a LOT!!! My 2nd one, not so much. In fact, I had put it on extended leave.

1 Like

That would make sense actuallly

1 Like