Best use of WILD and Volcano cards

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best use of WILD and Volcano cards? I used to use them to clear that last card from the deck but a friend of mine had a different strategy. She used them to complete streak stars instead.

It definitely boosts your winnings to have a streak star but it’s tough to decide whether or not to actually use the wild. For me it depends on whether or not you’re most likely to win the game and get all 3 stars and if you’re trying to maximize your red star score, and if it’s a tribute game. It can burn through a lot of wilds this way though. They’re rather scarce these days.

I will use a wild to clear a final card on the sky levels if I’m going to win a wild by doing so, making it a push on the wild (negative gain/loss). And I realized when I got to Whale Pod and beyond that there are a couple of levels I had to use the Volcano card AND wilds just to get past. What’s disheartening here is that using those resources and still only winning 3800 coins, with time left and streak star completed.

Regardless, I’d love to hear how someone else decides when to use them and when to save them…

36 Likes

Yes, I’m replying to my own post! I read a hint today to use wilds/volcano cards on L70 & 90 along with the golden tiki and RS doubler, to clear all cards before flipping any cards… you can win up to 30k coins! Be prepared to spend some wilds tho!

15 Likes

I can get 7000-12000 coin returns on level 70 just playing it, it’s good for streaks on its own too… I think. I also like to use the wild to win tributes hands Iv used them a few times to get the streaks…and I do the wild for a wild like you😀

9 Likes

I myself consider myself thrifty… or cheap lol. I try and just bank my boosters for days that I just can’t win a game. I’ll use a wild if I get one back in return. But I am very interested to see how others utilize their boosters!

11 Likes

I use them for both only if its 3 stars too.

6 Likes

I decide when I use my volcanoes especially. I will leave cards on the flip pile IF I just need to finish the 3 stars and am set up to get it. IF I can’t get the 3 reds I am reluctant to use them.

6 Likes

I also use my volcano cards to clear the last of my cards.

5 Likes

Ainsel, yup! Me too! Unless! I’m on Plunder Bay! And I’m getting low in my pile, and there’s still a ton to be removed!
And especially if I can win a wild card! on that level!

4 Likes

Agreed…others have said the same thing…if it’s for 3 (6) stars, I’ll be more prone to use them to win.

3 Likes

Great question and info. How do you know on a game that you are going to get 3 red stars (or 5 with the booster)?

2 Likes

@Jeanh red stars are 1 for streak meter full, 1for having time left on the meter, 1for completed game win. And then if you have a booster and get all them it’s 6 not 5.

6 Likes

Resource doubler…?..

2 Likes

@moonshaker, red star doubler :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What are the levels names, if I may ask?

1 Like

I use them for Red Star Quests…win all 5 Tribute games= Big points…then I use coin to buy another round of Tributes, again win all 5 Tribute games. I Repeat this until Red Star Quest is maxed…it really maxes fast and uses a lot less coin…

3 Likes

DEAR Jean! While playing the game, I have 1 eye on my game! And the other one is watching the streak meter, and the clock! When the streak meter is full, and I still have time on the clock, I know now, that I have all three stars and if my booster is on I get 6 red stars, and not ever can you receive 5 red stars! Oh and Btw, the streak meter is on top of your screen in the middle and the time meter is to the right of the streak meter!

6 Likes

If u wait about 4 games keep checking cost of tribs you will see the price of will go down to 1000. I never refill at 3000

5 Likes

Tador_Tripeaks! Level 70 is on Tide Pool
Lagoon and level 90 is on Turtle Cove! But beware those levels no longer work like they used to! TRIPEAKS has went in and Changed them BOTH!! To where they are harder to win!!

2 Likes

I use my time clock booster on my last card if I’m timed out to get my 2nd star, my streak booster when im coming up on a run of cards, but not enough to clear 2 stars and never after I reach the maps with the 2 card slots because I always receive 3 stars on those. I never have wasted a volcano on stars and would not if I were you.

Last week on the 50 gold stars I won 3 gold star chests just playing for a couple hours.
I still have 3 volcano cards banked and I play the shrine alot so i usually have 10 or 11 wilds I can use but will not use more than 2 on replay rounds and 3 rarely if it’s a tributes round for club points.
I only use my volcano card if I have replayed a level more than 3 times and know I can win and beat that level by using it. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use volcanos and wild cards en masse together when I’m looking to move up a red star league and that’s pretty much it. So I use them as part of an overall strategy and not as tactical one offs to complete random levels.

I’ll use wild cards en masse if I’m looking to stay in a red star league.

1 Like