Best Advice You've Received from Your Mom or Mom Figure! 5/5/22

Bloom where you are planted.

My mother taught me how to sew and now I am a quilter. The best advice Mom ever gave me was “Sew with a relaxed bottom”. Those who sew will know that means to put the longer piece of fabric on the bottom so the extra will be eased in by the feed dogs. Those who don’t sew won’t get it!

My mom told me to never be dependent on a man. Whether a injury happens to him & he is out of work, or he unexpectedly dies or we divorce, that I will be able to help support the family and keep my home. I would be a strong roll model for what children I would have in the future. Now, a mom myself, I have 2 adult sons & own my own business. I tell them to look for those qualities in a woman/partner. But most of all be happy. Life is a rollercoaster. It has ups & downs but it’s exhilarating :heart: Happy Mothers Day to you & yours

2 Likes

Believe in yourself, help others, be compassionate. Don’t just work hard, work harder. Dream big.

I think the best advice I was given was, *Kids are like pancakes, the first one always comes out a little wonky and crispy around the edges but the ones to follow are much more well rounded and golden." Me being the oldest, understood completely, lol! :joy:

1 Like

Dating is essentially one step away from marriage, so be picky!

1 Like

You will learn something new everyday of your life. It is very true. We are never to old to learn.

2 Likes

If you miss your exit, don’t worry about it. Just go to the next one. Not worth getting into an accident over. Be calm and know you’ll get there safe, even if you’re a few minutes late.

2 Likes

My MOM was first a teacher than a high school principal who related well with kids. My MOM always emphasized that it is not the end of the world if you fail, but to learn and accept the failure. Moving forward, I never liked to fail, but later in life I realize the value of the ability to fail and be ok with it especially playing a game, there is a winner and a loser. It’s how you play that matters.

2 Likes

You may love a man, you may want a man but you don’t need a man. You have to make sure you can takd care of yourself in case things don’t end up the way you want or things change

2 Likes

My mom and my granny taught me a lot of great stuff. But the one the sticks out to me the most is,“The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. Meaning I had to learn how to cook good and be able to put a good heart meal on the table. And I won my man’s heart pretty easy by doing just that! Thanks mom and Granny! Love you both and Happy early Mother’s Day :heart:

2 Likes

1 - In a relationship or marriage don’t start anything you can’t keep up!

2 - Follow a budget, make a “needs” column and a “wants” column and make sure you take care of the needs first!

3 - Go see the world a little before you get married.

4 - Listen the 1st time around, and use your own brains, or they will get rusty!

1 Like

Never forget to make Jesus first in your life !

Pray about everything and always be thankful

1 Like

Mom always said “don’t expect others to act as you do because I didn’t raise them I raised you. Never let anyone change who you are”

2 Likes

The best advice I received from my mother is that “your journey is exactly the path you’re supposed to be on. There is no need to compare yourself with others or feel like you need to be doing more. Have grace on yourself. You are enough as you are.” :heart:

2 Likes

Best advise my mother ever gave me and I’ve pasted onto my children and grandchildren, two wrongs don’t make a right.

1 Like

My mom’s best advice? Separate blankets for a happy marriage, and she was RIGHT!!

The key to parenting is patience and listening.

1 Like

You’ve got to learn that sometimes you’ve got to let it go. It’s like beating a dead horse, he’s not going to get up and run.

1 Like