We had a Spy for the Gem Competition??

Teams are matched by number of people who qualified so if 2 or 3 people do not dig and use all 7 plays to get as many shovels as they can then the team is disadvantaged. One person can get up to 24 shovels during a competition it makes a big difference and can cost you a 1st or 2nd place win. Some players want to piggyback off the work of others and it is not fair.

3 Likes

Wow!!! That is just mean…it’s a game for heavens sake. Very cutthroat!!!

3 Likes

:cry: so sad. Like you said it’s just a game. A really fun game but a game none the less. That’s really shady.

3 Likes

Unreal how some people act when it comes to a game. I love playing it…I play everyday!

1 Like

You do earn club points in the mini tiki rescue

1 Like

I think all 5 teams in the same group have the same board. It said so in the competition blog. I had thought of spies but a way to put a stop to that is to make team invite only for 2 days of competition

not as many as if you were playing actual games and not all the time.

That’s not always the case.
I dont often do digging competition as I may qualify,but I can lose 7 games as I will not pay to win shovels.
And you can’t play if you have no shovels.Hence whysome players come up with zero digs

1 Like

If you’re not willing to spend the extra coin or boosters to maximize the number of shovels, then next time you should choose not to join the dig. Joining and not being willing to maximize shovels hurts the rest of your team because the team is matched based on the number of qualified players.

3 Likes

It says the treasure is identical.Doesnt mean it had to be buried in the same spot.Maybe just the amount is the same.Each team has their own island.Cant see them putting every one in the same spot

You earn yellow stars and gems to trade for boosters or treasure chests…

DLW8,
Agreed! Why is this so hard to comprehend with some players?

And don’t jump on to dig a bunch of random holes either! :unamused:

Play as a team, to win as a team…

3 Likes

We’ve seen this same thing

A player can see the board even if they haven’t qualified for the competition. We NEVER let a new player in when qualification has started or during the competition.

I wish I could do screen shots - we have had a team go from 0 digs with only 2 hours left in the competition - our team was 1st with 95 points and at the end the team with 0 went to first with 148 points??? this has happened twice to my team - it is so frustrating!!!

1 Like

Sneaky!! Thanks for the 411… so that means the teams have same exact payouts on the treasure island?? I didn’t think the game would make same payouts… I was always curious about that exact thing. So thanks again… :blush:

@Lesley_Scheeren Yep Iv seen it happen a few times
Twice we have had a team called the runaways the rack the gold up in in the last hour…
I’m not on that team but I’m guessing they leave the hole once it shows light and move to find more light and uncover them all just at the end …or they are really organized and all dig just b4 it ends

Even if you haven’t qualified you can still view the dig area. So can see how many gold bars are in each hole

1 Like

Happened to us a few times too. The runaways do it all the time.

1 Like

A number of times we have had this happen. Leader takes care of this immediately