The new Digging game

I do not see digging discussed anywhere. I am leader and I do not like side games that do not help team. In fact, it harms team trying to win a CQ because they are digging and not playing. I have asked them to win cq first and then dig but they ignore me. These are good players otherwise. Also diggers fill up chat and when I post something, it is buried under so many digging entries no one sees it. What do leaders do about these problems? TY

2 Likes

Search “dig” in this forum it’s literally discussed to death!! Lol and it’s not new it’s been around for some time, it requires total communication from all team members - do all the members chat on your team? I’m on a Diamond team and the dig competition is not mandatory but if choose to qualify you must use a minimum of 15 shovels and dig according to the rules we set in a club note. Must have coins/boosters/wilds/time to get shovels AND have the same to be able to finish the current club quest.

If you’re the leader and members are not following rules that you set, those are not good players for your team - period. But there are a ton of players that really enjoy the dig so if you make a rule that they don’t agree with you either have to boot them or realize that members may leave to find a more organized team. I suggest chatting and creating an open discussion about the dig competition and getting member feedback- you can go from there. Best of luck!

5 Likes

Having the same issue with digging teammates!

1 Like

@Carolyn_Morris , send your diggers to my Club, Perky Gold Dig. Serious here! That is our niche. We have space for new members right now, too.

I will suggest they join you. I do not want diggers! They were really great at finishing CQs until lady joined and started then digging. Now we are not finishing CQs. Digging does not help team.

2 Likes

As a leader I agree the focus should be on club quests.

The timing of the digs is also suspicious. This week was a distraction when we were on perk 6 and just now on perk 7.

The reward doesn’t match compared what you can lose by not completing the quests

2 Likes

Thanks! Let’s see how they work out!

I agree. I am tired of badgering. I won’t dig because I feel like I should play to get club points. When it is a good cq it annoys me because it is a sure reward if they play. Top of our leaderboard can do both,but others who are short on coins waste them. I don’t have any solutions

3 Likes

Carolyn in our club we only play the midweek dig to win. Members are brilliant at communicating and we dig in turn for maximum results. At the weekend after we get on the board we leave it to people just to play their qualifying shovels. This way everyone should be happy. Give it a try.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. it’s frustrating. we missed really good club quest. there doing it to many times in a week

3 Likes

Thank you, I do not have a clue about the process. I clicked on it once and saw I had to qualify. I do not want to but, I would like to be able to see who is playing and when. Most of them do post over and over in Chat and my communication is buried under it all. I thank you for your suggestion, I will have to research it.

1 Like

And it is so expensive with extra coins needed to win shovels. Not cost effective in my view.

3 Likes

The rewards do not match expenditure anyway. Even if team wins 700 gems only buys 10 boosters. To win 3 shovels you need to use all available boosters plus volcanos and wilds. I have stopped playing even though my team usually get 1st place

2 Likes

Hi…1st Say what you need to in Club Notes…not chat. No one but you or co-leaders can write or delete. 2nd post the rules: mine are if you can’t or won’t spend what it takes to dig a min of 10x then don’t qualify! CQ should always take priority b’cuz you have 24 hrs to dig. Today’s CQ is 4K for 2 losing wild cards…honestly, I’d rather have 700 gems. Good luck…it’s frustrating at times and getting those shovels always cost a bundle but I do it as leader.

1 Like

I totally agree. All the extras, like club championship should go toward helping the club Quest. No matter what you are playing the coins and points should be accumulative! Problem is this company does not seem to listen.
Katherine

3 Likes

You can see what’s going on even If you dont qualify.I understand what you are saying.I love the dig game but find members save their coins to dig and let everything else like quests and points go.Then it drags on for too long.It should be a weekly thing and leaders should be the ones who decide if the team is dighing.Maybe an incentive to get quest done

2 Likes

What I can never understand is how we never get the quest where you collect tributes to get gems.That to me is an easier way to get 490 gems than digging when you may end up with only 50.The 490 is guaranteed if you just complete the questApot of people qualify and then ghost throughout the whole competition not to be heard from until time to collect the gems the rest of the team paid dearly for.They dont even use the ones they got in the qualifying game.Makes me a little crazy.

3 Likes

I agree Barb. We usually have to bring people in from the Leaders site to win the tributes cq.

Does anyone know how many members need to qualify in order to play the competition.?

10 are needed to qualify