Playing for fun

Why does everyone play so seriously on here? Does anyone play for fun anymore? To play with most of these people you would have to be willing to buy a lot of things not just play with what you have. Most normal people can’t afford to buy things all the time. Especially just for a game. I could buy things but I feel it is throwing my money away when it could be better used. I really just don’t understand most of these people anymore. It is buy and win a set amount or they don’t want you. Crazy !!!

14 Likes

Join a weaker team/less demanding team.

5 Likes

Join a weaker team? I have ateam to begin with. But it is really strange and goes to my saying that people are so caught up in these games they no longer see the fun in them. They are games. I understand someone wanting to win but you should also want to have fun. Telling someone to join a weaker team suggests that we aren’t good enough for the others. But that is ok. We do fine. I was just making a statement that it appears that people only have the I want to win attude and forget the fun part. Making the statement that you did says just that, it also puts someone else down. I really don’t care how you play. I was just noting what the general theme is of these conversations. That’s all. I am fine with the team I have. Thank you.

7 Likes

Statements were made about the competitive nature of the participants. Questions were asked or implied. A suggestion was given. I didnt not realize that the post was more of a rant than a solicitation for help.

7 Likes

If you take it as a rant that is your perogative. I just just staing a fact that no one plays for fun anymore. It is all a competion. Which is true that everyone is competing. That is not saying that competion is a bad thing. I just have been noticing that as I said no one plays for fun. I did not say bad things about people or state what I said in a bad way. I can’t help how you take it. But it is a shame that everyone gets on here and says want they want but as soon as someome says something of a different opinion you are upset. I thought we could say what we want and as I said I am looking for people to have fun with. Nothing wrong with that. Sorry you took it in a bad way but I can’t stop you from thinking as you do. Too much negativity in this world.This is how I feel. I have lived too long to just go along with the gang. I have my own feelings and opinions. You do too. Thanks for yours.

2 Likes

1 TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU !!! WILL DO WHEN I CAN IF THAT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: !!! THAT’S TAKING THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME PLUS YOU’LL GET CROOKED ON GAMBLING YOUR MONEY AWAY .

4 Likes

I do play for fun but I’m also very competitive and for me that’s fun😎

6 Likes

I play for fun…&, despite pleas for compassion to GSN, get my rear handed to me often (approximately half the time) coz I prefer eating over trying to get ahead of those with money to burn.

Wz appointed co-leader before original leader wz removed by GSN two wks (few months into pandemic) after they noticed she’d been “idle” more than a month…due to complications of MS (multiple sclerosis). Before her removal, we’d mostly been in gold league–once even rose to platinum league.

Original leader made only one change before her removal; she suspended club rules. Among those rules wz request that we inform team if we anticipated being idle longer than 2 days. We’ve had 2 nu leaders since original leader’s removal. First nu leader deleted all rules & only kept a handful of modified rules.

Newest one deleted last one’s rules & left note that anyone idle more than one wk without notification would be removed. We’ve hovered between wood & gold leagues since original “took leave” from activity. It’s boring “playing for fun,” especially when we cn’t get enuf players to help complete club quests but I’d rather not uninstall game & quit–even if boredom is price I pay for having 3 square meals a day!

1 Like

I know what you mean, that’s why I started my own club (Tripeak Warrior). The only requirement is to not be idle for 7 days or more, there are absolutely no other requirements.

4 Likes

No it came off as a request for help, which is why I suggested moving down. But then you got upset, I thought we could say what we want. Sorry you too it the wrong way, but I can’t stop you from thinking as you do.

In all seriousness the most effective way for people to the enjoy the game more is to move to a team with less onerous requirements.

And to answer the original question in your original post. The game developers made it such that there is an undertone to the game of not letting your teammates down and the pressure to make certain quotas due to the reward system. No one gets a reward unless every single person fulfills a requirement, this adds a tremendous amount to peer pressure to the game. No one really wants to be the person letting down the whole team. This is the major negative to the social aspect of the game.

If there were no clubs, you will see the game is quite satisfying on its own. But once you join a club and see how much more goodies you receive. Going back to playing clubless becomes very difficult at lost of all those rewards.

7 Likes

There was no request for any help what so ever in there. Maybe you need to review it. I was just stating facts. I understand you are upset that I did so. That shows how you are not me. I also stated you are welcome to compete. I understand competion. But in the end it is just a game and when something gets to a point that you are that protective of it, it shows how over involved you are. I am happy your team competes. Continue to do so. But I also can state my feelings. There is no underlying message of help here. Asd you can see there are people on here that also feel like I do. Our team is fine just the way it is. It just shows you people are so involved in their phones these days that they forget there is a real life out there to live. I have rules on how much you can be on the phone or playing games like this. When you become an adult and live in the real world you won’t have time to do that all the time. Also there are things you learn living in the real world a game can’t teach you. This is very addicting. That is why you see people on their phones all the time. Before we had these items you couldn’t do this. Kids played outside more. Could play make believe and make up there own things to do. They got exercise doing these things. Now kids just want to stay inside and play games. This is not my opinion but a fact from all the research that has been done from the trouble these type of things cause in peoples life. Check into it, It is very interesting. Also remember to be a good competitor you also need to be a good loser. It is basic ettique. Life is not a game and you don’t always win.

Yes thats why in i hindsight I modified my original opinion and took your original post as as a rant. You weren’t looking for help and didn’t need any help whatsoever. So my original, l reply becomes a suggestion for other readers rather than yourself

Perhaps it was a discussion starter, in which case it was success as you have clearly delineated the issue that you find problematic with this game. An opinion i largely if not completely agree with as i have also read reviews of some of the research you have alluded to … for example kids with more broken bones coming to the ER due the lack of exercise vs prior generations.

Lastly I apologize for my tongue in cheek response in my prior post reusing words you previously written for the benefit of my own amusement. In real life I am sarcastic and try to throw quippy one liners whenever I can however inappropriately that I find funny to myself. You were actually trying to develop a forum discussion on a serious topic and I was more in trolling mood after my initial post, and for that I apologize.

1 Like

Thank you for your nice reply. I never meant to upset anyone. I just get get concerned with issues as I described. I work with families and the court system and I have seen parents killed and children commit sucide over the stress of what goes on these days. So sad.

I am not competitive enough to be on a team, so I play alone. I don’t mind because noone else depends on me, I’m at peace playing, I like to play this game and just relax. I don’t buy anything as I can’t really afford to, so I get my daily coins, hit up the web page, enjoy those rewards and read what’s happening. I congratulate those who make the goals and even get a few laughs in.

2 Likes

Hi…you are right many club want serious players. MY club is that way and I post it so. There are SO many lower-key club for those who work long hours, don’t have the coins (and By the way I NEVER buy w/real $ except on double gift box days). Just go where you are comfortable. I always ask my players to chat if they have a problem otherwise I expect them to follow the “rules” established.

2 Likes

I agree :100:% with you on playing for fun! I love playing the game, but I too can’t afford to purchase anything for anyone.

My biggest complaint is when you’re invited to a team and your part of the Team and participating only to be " kicked" out with no explanation… That’s Rude in my opinion

1 Like

You dont speak for everyone as you keep saying “most people” and “these people”…I play for fun but its a competitive game when you like to win and work for a goal and gain the rewards for it.
If that’s not fun for you, don’t play…if it’s too hard for you then level down your league. Lots of people out there are in clubs that don’t play very hard, they have fun and take it easy. Maybe go there and chill out or take a break from the app and find some fun elsewhere :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I joined…and got bumped from several teams before I fully understood the requirements each team wanted. About 2 years ago joined Groovy Livin and it’s perfect for me. No pressure at all. I’ve never spent a dime for anything. Hardly any chat, which I’d like, but small price to pay to play with a team that tries, but doesn’t expect you to have your world revolves around a game. Hoping you find a good fit.

2 Likes

I love these posts :joy: they’re everywhere! Lol quit complaining and move to a team that fits your lifestyle. I’m on a diamond team and I don’t use real money to buy stuff. But I have the time and experience to make club requirements and my total coins increase every week.

If you’re not happy playing the game then you’re not on the right team. Period. Hundreds of “just have fun” teams out there, hope you find one :blush:

1 Like

The problem is that GSN made this game to be a competitive one whether we like it or not! I personally don’t require my team players to purchase anything, the only thing I ever purchase is gifts when it’s a double gift day! Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, if you want a team to work, you at least have to be a little competitive in order to get club quests done, otherwise it’s not fair for those team players that do the quest not having enough people completing, so you lose the quest… which is the issue I’m having with some players!

1 Like