Player Spotlight: Pattye M!

Meet Pattye M - a long time TriPeaks Player who started with an actual, physical, deck of cards and is now enjoying this version. Join us as she doles out some great advice, divulges exactly what is the most unusual thing she’s ever eaten, plus more in this week’s Player Spotlight!

Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/pspot-pattyem

And then, for a chance at 10,000 Coins, 5 Wild Cards and 3 Volcano Cards, bouncing off of the best advice Pattye has ever received, answer this question: When do you remember putting yourself first so that you would be better able to take care of another?

We will choose 5 folks who answered the question at random and award them their goodies on Friday, September 27th.

21 Likes

I really don’t remember putting myself first. My kids have always told me I need to do more for myself instead of always just helping others but it’s just my nature :blush: it would be nice to be chosen since 9/27 is my birthday :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Totally Understand that, that’s how my mom is get from her but sometimes need to say no so many peeps like to take advantage of our kindness

7 Likes

As a mom, I would say I never. I take care of my family and pets and often forget to take care of myself. My husband takes incredible care of me and often puts me first though!

5 Likes

I have never put myself first to care for someone else although in retrospect, I can think of many times I should have.

7 Likes

Guess it’s just natural to put my family & friends first. Love doing for others! Celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary today, blessed to be married to my wonderful, loving hubby!

5 Likes

This year I was in the ICU. I survived and it has definitely changed my outlook in life to put myself and my health first so I can care for the others I love. I definitely have plans on sticking around!

5 Likes

Hmmmm not sure if I have ever put myself first. Well maybe when I enrolled in college after having 3 children. I graduated with a Bachelor’s in 3 years.

4 Likes

I can’t think of an instance. As a mom I’m always putting my kids and husband first.

5 Likes

My whole career in healthcare #patchadams

4 Likes

My youngest child was 8 and a strep infection evolved into toxic shock. After a week of not leaving him, I had to take a break to recharge so I could be there for him. So hard to leave him even for a few hours but all turned out ok.

4 Likes

It took me a long time to put myself first but I do now so I have more patience for others

3 Likes

I have always put others first! I guess it’s the way I was raised! Now that I am married with children, I always put my children frost!!!

3 Likes

Never have but sounds like a good idea

3 Likes

Usually I don’t put myself first but as my health started having issues I learned to take time to recharge every day so I can help others when they need help.

3 Likes

I have yet to put myself first. My children are now grown and I’m raising and helping raise grandchildren. My grown children keep telling me to do stuff for myself, but that is hard.

3 Likes

Well it’s been quite some time since I’ve did anything for myself,I have 3 kids and they definitely come first, if they don’t look good I definitely shouldn’t look good. I try to give them the life I always wanted it’s hard but it gotta be done. Also this would be a nice birthday present I would do appreciate it

3 Likes

Never really put myself first but as I get older there’s the need to take care of my health. Hard to help anyone else if I’m dead or sickly.

3 Likes

When i finally left my ex husband after an abusive marriage of 15 years

4 Likes

When I was pregnant with my son. I was on bed rest for health risks that could have kept me from being able to care for him when he arrived. A very long 7 months but he made it worth every moment.

3 Likes