New Shovel Competition

What’s the best strategy to get the most gold?

4 Likes

Teamwork* chat.
Winning each game-so you can dig.
Getting the most shovels on each play(use a booster for the 3rd streak shovel if need be)
Re digging of holes until gold is found
(Teammates taking turns)
PURE LUCK :four_leaf_clover:

12 Likes

Communication is key! Inform your members to dig one hole and that hole only, until the gold is found. Then choose another hole to dig. Everyone takes turns and chats when they have dug, then someone else can dig that hole again.
Also, you do not have to use all your shovels at once. Dig once, exit the Competition and then go back in. Your remaining shovels will be waiting for you. :grin:

11 Likes

@Rhonda_Follis in the competition rules it states and this is quoting Got Shovels? Now Dig!

Once you’ve earned Shovels from winning a game, you must immediately use them on the Treasure Island to dig for gold!

So my question is you have tested your theory of leaving the dig screen with shovels from a previous play and you’ve gone back and they are still there?..
Our team has had issues with that some of them have lost shovels by exiting the dig screen.
From my understanding in the rules you must use them before you exit the dig screen​:woman_shrugging:t2::weary:
I’m not taking any chances of losing shovels so I won’t test it🤣

3 Likes

@Tasha Yes, it does state that in the rules. I have found that to be incorrect. I exit the Competition repeatedly and my shovels are always waiting for me when I go back in.
I completely understand your hesitation, though. :wink:

7 Likes

Rhonda is right we have been leaving our shovels playing tributes and waiting till someone else digs then going back and using our shovels to dig the same hole! We have been really successful this competition we was in first place now we’re in 2nd place with 4 more members who need to still play!

2 Likes

in case u had not noticed: when u qualify also win shovels. contest don’t start till next day and your shovels are waiting for u.
Most GOLD:
The grid is lettered and number for each hole…i.e. c-3 communicate that way via chat and how many times you dig and where. Jon C-3 C-7 F-2
Sy C-3 F-2
Had to wait for C-7 no one else has dug there yet. Don’t rush and dig all over. U can click on hole after gold found later and will tell u how many bars were found. WE think…dont know yet, but maybe same holes yield same amount of bars for each contest. If so u will know for next contest which ones to dig. More gold [one of ours had 12 bars but took 10 digs to get it…key is to keep track of who digs where and how many times on chat…team effort key to winning most gold. Best to start with 3 holes so u are not waiting forever for others to dig. Good luck have fun. We have won 2wice so far.

3 Likes

Yes, I have. You can play a game and earn shovels, leave the game multiple times and, every time you go back, they are waiting for you. Unfortunately, you must use shovels earned on one game before you can play the next in the competition.

1 Like

I actually did 1 dig and left the competition so another teamie could dig after me, we were alternating. I did not lose my shovels

1 Like

Well don’t know if this has happened to anyone else but today I had dug. And I had one more play to do. But the screen said to continue but I didn’t was going to safe the okay for later. I left the room and came back and lost my play. Has this happened to anyone else just wondering. Also it kept kicking a lot of us out of the game. Wish SUCKS big time.

1 Like

Ok now I am paranoid lol. I dug one shovel,left left the game and returned to did #2 left the game and finished my 3red. Maybe I had a horseshoe and that was not supposed to happen? I likely won’t do that again next competition just in case

1 Like

@Dorinda62 Yes, just like other areas of the game, there are glitches. Game crashes, lost shovels, etc. Our Leader qualified, earned 3 shovels and when she exited, the list showed she had zero! She sent a ticket, but we all know how that goes…:sleepy:

2 Likes

@Dorinda62, did you lose a play (Play to earn 3 more ), or the shovels you just earned?

If it was the shovels you lost, the information page does encourage everyone to use them “immediately”

1 Like

With that said, I don’t use my shovels immediately. I save shovels so I can take turns wth others in our team, but only on one of my devices…because my other device is older, and I’ve encountered glitches on that device, so I’m not going to chance it.

5 Likes

Hi Tasha. Yes you can leave and come back. The glitches happen if you don’t refresh the game when you come back. Last time I thought I had lost my shovel but when I went back in it said dig and when I entered my last shovel was there waiting. It is very important to refresh the screen for the treasure island, especially when working with someone on the same hole.

3 Likes

Hi Nosmo,
I also thought same levels had same # of gold bars but they don’t. I kept track and for example in one game D3 had 18 bars and only 2 bars in another game. Please people put your theories down!! I had one that levels 3 and 4 gave the best gold. Not quite true either so far!! I love the competition but last time in trying to qualify and win the most shovels I found I spent way too many coins. Won’t do that again. As someone said not worth in the gems return.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one! Lost 46k coins, didn’t have enough to finish the game, but I thought well I qualified…no! The game froze, I exited out and when I came back it said “qualify” grrrrrrrr

I kept track and also found bar count changes per hole every game. BUT we still keep track of who digs where and how many digs per hole.
The ? in upper left corner tells u how many digs per hole yield how many bars i.e. : max digs 5 = 1 bar, etc. Another tip we have notices light shines up from hole when close to gold…small ray …then large ray of light next dig …then Bam, gold bar . By keeping track of how many digs per hole u get an idea of how much there is. I use my volcano cards to boost number of shovels won, and get them during weekly personal quests.
I only enter the personal quests that require total coins or normal play card counts to win…they show up 2wtice weekly…none of the one that cost anything vis searching for “keys” or 'treasure chests"

Ps. I only enter the games when my bank is over 5 million coins [which is most of time, and I maintain hundreds of bonus cards]because its fun, but I know u get no credit for anything weekly contest related.
I never pay cash for anything…only smart play. My team is plat and my weekly avg is 35-50,000 and trib count 750-900.

3 Likes

I often leave the dig site and wait for teammates to dig in same hole

4 Likes

No I lost my last play. I had just played the shovels. Then it said continue and I just left without hitting it. When I came back my last play was gone.

2 Likes