Mother's Day Movie: What's Your Favorite Film about Mom and Kids?

Erin Brockivitch, because she is a single mom who would do anything to better her kids lives as well as those around her, even is it was done unconventionally to some-she loved hard!

“Little Women” always reminds me of my mom.

It was the first book Mom read to me as a bedtime story, a chapter a night.
When I was in grade school, Mom took me to a downtown theater to watch a live performance of “Little Women” as a play.

Though gone for many years now, every time I watch any version of “Little Women” on film, I remember my mom with love and fondness.

mom

4 Likes

The Incredibles is my favorite.

My favorite movie about a mother and daughter is Freaky Friday with Lindsey lohan and Jamie lee Curtis. Learning to literally walk in each other’s shoes is such a crazy idea and touching movie.

1 Like

The blindside… great movie!

Raising Isaish is my favorite

The Parent Trap is my favorite

Definitely Steel Magnolias.

1 Like

Eve’s Bayou was a good one!

1 Like

Prob not what your looking for, but a home Alone always gets me laughing! Kevin and his poor harrassed forgetful mum!

1 Like

Stepmom because it shows the relationship between a mom and her kids and their stepmom. I know it is sad because it f the mother having cancer and dying, but the growth of all characters is truly touching.

2 Likes

Does Monster-In-Law count? If not, all Disney movies; especially Princess and the Frog for me.

1 Like

“StepMom” the movies about a terminally ill woman trying to come to terms with her ex-husband’s new lover, who will be her children’s stepmother. It’s funny, and sad

1 Like

Either Wonder or Steel Magnolias!

Cannot really think of a movie, but what does come to mind is a old TV series that I love, “Little House on the Prairie” Set in the 1800’s, the mom Caroline, took care of her family through both adversity and joyous times. I’ve watched every episode numerous time!

2 Likes

The blind side is my favorite mom and her kids movie cause it shows a mom’s love and how she will fight for her kids and her beliefs

1 Like

Brave! It’s such a great movie!

Movie: Blind Side
Show: Gilmore Girls

There’s a movie called The Stepmother with Julia Roberts. Basically two kids go through their parents divorcing, gaining a step mom who they hated but their birth mother now has cancer and they learn that they can love them both. Such a heart string puller!!

1 Like

My favorite Mother’s Day movie is Stepmom. I know it’s a sad movie but my mom passed due to cancer and this movie just reminds me of her and her struggles. She was my best friend and I miss her so much especially on Mother’s Day.

2 Likes