Juke Box Tiki: 7/7/22 - First Concert?

The Jackson 5! I was probably 13 years old!

Best and first concert I went to was Beyoncé concert. It was amazing her music and the way she sings brought me chills I just wanted to go on stage and start singing with her. The dancing was awesome and worth every penny. After that concert I dreamed I was on stage with Beyoncé lol.

My first concert was Paula Abdul!

Al Green at Ohio State Fair. I loved it. I love him and my favorite song of his is Let’s Stay Together. I was newly married and just found out I was pregnant. I got a pickle on a stick to eat. I was wondering what was going on with people walking around with a stiff empty dog leash. I thought it was weird. I needed to go to the bathroom so bad and the walk to the restrooms took forever. I finally asked a friend what the heck was up with people with those things. She said they were invisible dogs. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.:dog2::cucumber::ferris_wheel::ticket::toilet::restroom::joy:

1 Like

Jethro Tull. I remember him jumping around and playing his flute. " Thick as a Brick" I loved it!

1 Like

My first concert was the Motley Crue “Dr. Feelgood” concert. Lita Ford was opening for them. Tommy Lee was on a stand over band and after one of the songs, stood up and mooned the crowd and then went back to playing like nothing happened. My friends and I talked about the concert and Tommy Lee for weeks afterwards. I was already a fan but that concert made them my favorite band.

My first concert was the Beach Boys in May of 1986 also the day that I finally lost my innocence lol

My first concert was Willie Nelson. I was only 4 rows back, front and center!

Kerrang Tour ! It was the best concert I went to back in the day

First concert was at Cobo Hall, Detroit, in the late 1960s–THE MONKEES! What I remember most was that you couldn’t hear one note, one word of their lyrics because all these teenage girls continually and constantly screamed. My cousin went temporarily deaf due to how loud they were so we left early. Really quite disappointing.

My first and only concert (I’m now 36) was summer before I turned 16, I went to see 50 cent, fabulous and Eminem, but sadly Eminem didn’t show up and i was mainly the most excited about going to see him. Where I live in the boring state of Maine we dnt get very many artist, especially good artists that come here so when they came everybody was hyped to go and tickets sold out quick, I was so excited to see (in my opinion) the best rapper aka the rap god Eminem… I remember my friends and I dressing our best, I wore a denim dress/outfit :joy::joy: that believe it or not was actually in style back in the early 2000’s, and me and 4 of my friends took a little road trip and blasted 50 cent and Eminems most recent albums the whole car ride and sang/rapped along at the top of our lungs, to Portland to the Maine Civic Center (I believe that’s what it was called). We had a blast while 50 cent and Fabulous performed, we danced and sang along and waited for Eminem to come out, but I was def bummed out that Eminem was a no show and didn’t take the stage. But 50 cent put on a great show and so did fabulous.

My first concert was the Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers! I remember my dad taking my 2 sisters and I. My older sister wore a Hannah wig and my little sister and I wore bright purple and pink wigs to be her “Lola’s” :joy:

Liza Minelli at Pine Knob probably 45 yrs ago. My mother had tickets and dragged me along for company. She’s been gone for a few years, and these types of memories are so cherished!! Thank you for making me tug on the memory bank!

1 Like

Alice Cooper - Therbarton, Adelaide :metal:

1 Like

Korn and breaking Benjamin

1 Like

Cyndi Lauper, Timberwolf at Kings Island, Mason, Oh.

1 Like

My first concert was the Osmond Brothers. I remember so much screaming!

My first concert was Marvin Gaye at Radio City Music Hall

1 Like

The Stones in Detroit.

Gordon Lightfoot, Pine Knob music theater, Clarkston, MI.

1 Like