ISLAND STORY TIME: What's the first book you read that you loved?

As the kids start to hit their stride in their next year of school, we may remember our own childhood education.

What was the first book you couldn’t put down?

Answer below for a chance at 100,000 Coins, 10 Freeplays, 5 Wilds, 5 Volcanoes and 10 Club Point Doublers! We’ll randomly select TEN folks who answer this question next Thursday!

96 Likes

The “Mrs. Piggle Wiggle” series lol

13 Likes

My favorite book I read was A Child Called It. Yet it was a heartbreaking story, it was also crazy on what a young child went through and how they became the person they grew up to be. That is one book I could read over and over again

19 Likes

Anne of Green Gables :two_hearts:

9 Likes

The goosebumps series had me hooked. First book though was Dick and Jane. I haven’t stopped reading 30+ yrs later!!

7 Likes

First book I read was Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

4 Likes

My first book I loved was Stephen Kings Pet Cemetary.

3 Likes

Old Yeller was my all time favorite book, both the book and the movie were great!!

4 Likes

Herriott thwe Spy was my favorite book

3 Likes

The great Gatsbyi loved this book have read it several times

1 Like

First book was of course dick and jane…but the one i fell in love with was the my mystery books. Nancy drew mystery series…love all of them.

5 Likes

A Wrinkle in Time by author Madeleine L’Engle. I couldn’t put it down as a kid.

7 Likes

Robinson crusoe heel leuk

2 Likes

The first book I read was called Blackstone. I have been reading crime thrillers since.

1 Like

The first book I fell in love with was John Grisham, The Firm!

2 Likes

are u there God its me Margaret by Judy Blume

8 Likes

Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shiel Silverstein. It has many great mini type stories and a classic!

3 Likes

The Secret of the Old Clock, my first Nancy Drew book, and then I voraciously read them all.

2 Likes

Steven Kings “Tommyknockers”

2 Likes

The first book I can remember loving and not being able to put down when I was in school was The Outsiders.

5 Likes