How are you staying positive through the Shelter in Place?

Many of us are struggling as we adapt to the global Shelter in Place guidelines. Staying at home has some benefits, but it can also be taxing.

What are some of the things you’re doing, or have done, that might be helpful to others?

15 Likes

Playing games, spring cleaning

11 Likes

Thank you to everyone who is doing what they’re being told by staying home. The best suggestions I can give is to not watch the news all day long. That can create anxiety. Think of an activity that you’ve always wanted to do or a skill you’ve want to develop and do it. There is no better time. If you have family members that aren’t in the home, schedule video calls with them. They are likely struggling too. Commit to getting outside exercise every day (if this is permitted where you are). As much as it would be easy to sit and play tiki all day, limit your time.

14 Likes

I’m retired with health challenges so I this is my norm. My hubby has been working from home, as has my daughter and her boyfriend, who are both seniors. We’re all taking it in stride. I’ve done some shopping and luckily caught it when the stores aren’t so busy. Today I’m going to task the family with house cleaning. I just haven’t been up to doing it myself and it’s wearing on me.

9 Likes

I am going to can my raspberries from our garden last summer! 2 gallon bags, so should get about 26 to 30 jars! Just have to wait until they unthaw.

8 Likes

The news makes me so sad and anxious. The images of people in Italy laying on the floor because the hospitals ran out of beds made me sob!

7 Likes

Working from home,enjoying granddaughter!!!

9 Likes

Thanks for the unexpected Thursday chest. My eyes got misty.
We are lucky so far at the upper tip of lower Michigan, no cases in our county and only a few in the ones south of us. We were at Lake Huron & in the woods yesterday, but away from people. Also so glad we are two sheltering together.
Worked on a recording project today for a YouTube video. Here’s one a few weeks old: https://youtu.be/Yi22MULL9to .
Be well.

7 Likes

Getting up my kids butts!!! Showing interest in what they r doing basically we r coming together more as a family baking cleaning my girls LOVE there phones n gaming systems I have a 6 month old lil man 1st boy out 4 all girls!!! He loves the attention but he’s a happy baby LOVES his daddy so since daddy has been home I’ve been able to catch up household chores laundry NEVER ends!!! Mostly im just appreciating the family I have great kids an awesome husband has no problem with me staring at my phone playing TriPeaks!!! I’m not a game player. But I finally found one I like playing!!! There’s always something u can find to do. The rescue missions scavenger hunts even the extra games on the ships that I found by accident!!! The love the graphics it’s amazing u never disappoints each one is better than the next. I actually read the complaints n yea I have had bad times with it like not being able to win but that’s just part of the game. Appreciate the fact that u can even play it and u guys do all that extra stuff that u don’t need to b doing??? I love the little side stories n characters I say keep going!!! It’s amazing and u have me hooked. Just wish I was better at the game so I can unlock more faster!!!

7 Likes

Yoga stretches and exercise

5 Likes

God bless everyone and stay safe!!!:blush::revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Been spending time with my sister while she’s been off work,she’s been helping me around the house💕

4 Likes

It’s hard not seeing my daughters and my 7 grandchildren. I love spending time with them.:heart:

4 Likes

My daughter and friend can’t come for Easter. We haven’t seen them since Christmas. It hurts. I want them to be safe though. ; (

4 Likes

totally agree with you about limiting how much news to watch. I usually watch the local news a couple times during the day and the national news at night. Besides playing my minimums i also spend a lot of my day crocheting for various charities I have found. I find it to be very relaxing especially knowing that what I am making is for someone else.

5 Likes

I’m involved with my grandchildren by scape. My oldest granddaughter is a senior and she is so upset about not graduating on stage. So sad but, I’m trying to keep her positive.

2 Likes

This will the first Easter, not hiding Easter eggs and cooking my grandchildren’s favorite food. :cry:

1 Like

My son still wants me to hide eggs. He is 23!!! Just a kid at heart!

3 Likes

Join your neighborhood by ‘hiding’ pictures of eggs in the windows so the kids can walk around to see how many they can find.

4 Likes

I would love to see my granddaughter & grandson. I thought being a mother a was great but grandchildren make life more happy. Enjoy!

4 Likes