Double Gift Box Jumpers

Has anyone had new players join to collect Double Gift boxes and then leave abruptly?
This happened to my Club today!
Utterly disgusted!
Shame on them!

3 Likes

Haven’t had this happen but how awful for your club!

1 Like

@Rhonda_Follis, I know it might seem that way, but I have more than 1 account and have tested that. Anyone who was not a member when when the gift was bought, does not receive the gift.

I’ve noticed people who join and leave, and have not been able to figure out why!

4 Likes

@CindyLu That’s the thing, they joined right after the Double was announced. They played and stayed for an hour or so after the gifts started rolling in. Then after 6 or more were bought, they left. We went back to invite only right after. It was just shocking to me.

1 Like

Hopefully they at least sent thanks :blush:…the gift buyer gets coins that way …so I would see it as a profit to the members who did send gifts… they got a extra thanks even tho your team isn’t full…:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

@Tasha They did not send thanks before they left. I assume they will when they open the boxes, but it won’t show in chat. Hopefully, the purchasers will get their coins. No real way to know.

Oh :open_mouth: bummer …

Was his name kevin? Lots of gold stars, crystal core, etc?

Hi @Shaunna67!
Screen name was Trib Hunter.

@CindyLu They were in when the gifts were being bought, then they left.

So, they join a team hoping someone will buy a gift while they are there, and before they leave? That’s pretty good timing. I imagine they will never feel at home anywhere. They lose in the end run. Hopefully they hit Thanks (although, now they don’t have a choice!)

2 Likes

Yes it has happened to my team. How sad. Just make sure you’re not public when double gifts pop up now.

1 Like

@CindyLu Yes and there are unscrupulous people out there. No way to know if the thanks goes through if they leave. So awful…:unamused:

1 Like

It does @Rhonda_Follis, as soon as they hit Thanks, the gift giver gets their due. They can be on their merry way if they aren’t going to help, as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

I was on a team shortly after I started playing over a year ago and I bought gifts and I ended up leaving that club before I got the thank you coins and I did get them but it took awhile because some of those players didn’t play very ofter. I actually remember about a month after I got some coins and couldn’t figure out where they came from then I had the ah ha moment lol. Also once you open any Gift there is only the “Thank you” button there is no ( X ) button to close it so they’ll get the thank you coins once they do open the the gift :slight_smile:

2 Likes