Club Spotlight: Misfit Isle

Does one have to be a misfit in order to join the Club “Misfit Isle”? Probably no more than one has to actually be on an island. Still - a great name for a Club who is anything but a bunch of misfits!

Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/cspot_misfitisle

For a chance at 10K Coins, 5 Wilds and 3 Volcano cards, and riffing on “Hank the Tank” from the story, answer the following question: “Do you have a nickname? Nicknames? Do you like it/them?” On Friday afternoon, five authors who answer this question will be chosen at random to receive the awards!

28 Likes

My nickname is Margie which is short for Margaret. Only my close family and a few closer friends call me that. My mother didn’t like nicknames so my name was always Margaret. I don’t like any of the other nicknames for Margaret but I don’t mind being called Margie.

4 Likes

RAD, these are my initials, but my friends came up with it and it has stuck for 42 years.

5 Likes

I have a nickname it’s Risse my real name is Maria.

It’s only one of my sisters, my father, my sisters chilhood friend and this friends mother who calls me Risse, it was the mother to my sisters friend who started to call me Risse.

I like it, it’s special :blush:

4 Likes

I have a few but my favorite is Grama Witchy. My oldest granddaughter started calling me this because of my sharp thumb nails and now ten call me this. And I’m sure number eleven will too when he learns to talk.

6 Likes

My nickname is Punk. I was born on October 30th (the day before Halloween) and my Dad nicknamed me Punk for Pumpkin.

6 Likes

My nickname at work is “Macon Bacon.” I work with my identical twin sister, so having a nickname helps set us apart!

4 Likes

Hola no uso apodo…prefiero usar mi nombre real,en mi club conversamos y nos alentamos a seguir superando puntos y retos…

3 Likes

My legal name is Melinda. But my nickname is Mindy.

2 Likes

I’ve had the nickname “Cubby” since I was a kid, all the way through college; stems from a part of my last name and I love it!! :grin:

2 Likes

My nickname when I was a teenager was Tarzan, because my name is Tara middle name Jayne and I was a Tom boy, always climbing trees so my lad mates came up with Tarzan!!!, I didn’t mind it actually, I was proud of it!!

3 Likes

As a child my nicknames were blondie and prissy.

2 Likes

My real name is abgelica lee a few of my friends can pronounce it I will tell them just call me by my nickname ANGIE and they will be like ok MRS. ANGIE , I GET ALOT HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE YOUR NAME , WHEN I GO TO DOCTORS APPOINTMENT THEY ONLY CALL ME BY MY LAST NAME😂

2 Likes

I have NEVER had a nickname. That being said, I’ve always wanted one!

3 Likes

That’s sounds like tomboyish girl i wish I was tomboy ,actually being tomboy is actually cool🙂

2 Likes

My nickname is nelly noo noo, only one person called me that, my Dad and as I lost him earlier this month I probably won’t hear it again, good memories though.

2 Likes

My name is Jennifer but, as my mother-in-law’s name is also Jennifer, I go by Jen or Jenny which I am happy with.

2 Likes

My name is Patricia, but I guess my nickname is Patti because that’s what my friends and family call me. However, I wish my nickname was PJ sometimes…I have tried to get people at work to call me that, but it’s never stuck…so I’m stuck with Patti, and I love it; because if you call me Patti, then I know you’re a friend and you love me!

2 Likes

Sam is my nickname :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::pray:t2::pray:t2::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My name is Lisa and some people call me Lee.
My dad called me Pee Wee Harris when I was little, no idea why since it’s a cartoon, and later, a book character that was a Boy Scout lol
I don’t care if I’m called by a nickname.

2 Likes