Change to a different Facebook account?

I have a question. Is it possible to connect my current game progress to a different Facebook account?. I want to delete my old account and start a new one but I don’t want to lose my progress. I’m too far in to start over.

4 Likes

Looking into it, That is a good question!!

4 Likes

Ok, So once your account is linked to the game that cannot be changed.

4 Likes

@Tracy do you know how to play on a different device but with the same Facebook linked? I usually play on my phone but tried to use my tablet and it just kept telling me the game was already installed on/linked to a different device. This might be a Google Play problem and not again problem though I realise.

3 Likes

@TeamPokemonGo, you can play a TriPeaks FB linked account on more than 1 device, but you have to make sure you are not logged in on device 1, when you log in on device 2.

TriPeaks found that some players were being less than ethical, by allowing others to log in to their game at the same time to make mega points, so they fixed that. Some people figure out so many ways to “beat the system”

So, if you want to play on more than 1 device. When you leave the first device, make sure the game completely closes down - even out of the background - then you shouldn’t have a problem.

4 Likes

@CindyLu … I hope you don’t mind if I add a bit more to your explanation after I followed your instructions which I was grateful for thank you … You can have multiple accounts if you have multiple Facebook accounts but you have to be logged in to the correct Facebook account to use the associated player profile. You also have the option of not being connected to Facebook which which gives you the ability to create an additional account on the same device as long as you are not logged into Facebook on the game you are currently playing. I have circled the icon you click to login and logout of your account in the screenshot. Your game will reload whenever you log in or out of Facebook.

If my understanding is correct the only way to safely ensure you do not lose your progress in the game is to have it connected to Facebook. I have players on my team that have lost everything and it could not be recovered and this is simply because they did not have their game play attached to a Facebook account.

5 Likes

@CindyLu sorry to bug you with this one again. I just read a post I think from either yourself or another moderator that says you don’t lose all of your progress or essentially your account if it “isn’t” attached to a Facebook account. I am confused now … a usual state for me though :exploding_head: … I previously thought Facebook was the only way of storing your progress and guaranteeing that you did not lose it. Could you explain to me how it works … does it save to your device’s memory without being attached to Facebook or do you have to have it attached to Facebook to guarantee you do not lose your account? I just think I’ve read posts that say different things … It could honestly be my own confusion though so sorry to ask again x

1 Like

You don’t lose your progress on your phone, Unless something happens to your phone (lose it or it breaks rendering it unusable ). So it would be wise to use facebook to login into the game to save your progress across any device.

So yes to guarentee no progress loss, Facebook. Otherwise you will always be taking some sort of risk if your progress is being saved locally to your phone.

4 Likes

@Ff2017 thank you for clarifying. I have mine connected to FB but team mates have lost progress before. I have suggested a Facebook acct to them. I remember one just said they couldn’t log back in but didn’t indicate anything wrong with device. Perhaps they lost the login information and should have contacted support. I’m beginning to think though starting again wouldn’t be such a bad idea sometimes; once you’ve progressed so far in the game everything becomes more difficult obviously and consequently more coins are used. I’ve also noticed that tributes and scavenger hunts always defaults to the higher levels and not on on the lower ones for example on tiki beaches. Thanks again for explaining it to me :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not a bad option, starting over. I think the issue with tributes and scavenger hunts is that those worlds(seas and paradise) are so much larger than beaches, the probability getting chosen there is much higher than getting beaches, assuming there isn’t a conspiracy by the game to force the games to seas and paradise.

5 Likes

Love the conspiracy theory!!! ha ha ha

1 Like

I’ve had 2 team members that had to get new phones and both lost their accounts and had to start over. Honestly, if that happens to me I’m dropping the game. Both used FB as sign in and neither changed their FB account passwords. They were both told “wrong password” How can that be?