BEST "REUNITING STORY" (2020 Heartfelt Holidays Contest)

I was able to reunite with some friends that I had lost when my boyfriend and I had split up about 10 years ago. We’ve been best friends for over a year now!

Every year my husband has struggled with his addiction especially during the holidays… in the 5 years I have been with him he has never been apart of the holiday traditions… this year for the first time he is completely clean and is apart of all the family traditions!!! For the first time our kids get to spend Christmas with him and he will be there when we wake up in the morning to open presents. We are oh so proud of him and thankful we finally get a Christmas and had a Thanksgiving with him :heart::heart::heart:

my best reuniting story was the year my daughter woke up from a 62 day coma she was in a terrible car accident. Tammy was only 17 and a senior in high school doctors said she probably would never wake up. on dec 5 she woke up when a music therapist was singing lean on me. it was a truly wonderful christmas season . Tammy reunited with this world for very blessed life of rebirth relearning everything at 17. We see miracles all year long but the christmas season brings special miracles. by Terri from gretchens tikis

My niece found my half brother who I had never met. I’m 49 & he is 42. So awesome to finally meet someone on zoom (thank you 2020). I can’t wait to meet him, my sister in law & 2 nephews.

So this is my finding a lost one or friend experience.

My mum has been looking for her dad since she was 16 years old and was only told his nickname and that he was irish by her mum. (he came to england on a tunnel job and got with my nan for 3 years , my nan left him because they wasnt married and didn’t want to have a kid out of wedlock and didn’t want to get married to him when he proposed and she did a runner ) Her mum has abandonment issues and never really wanted my mum to meet her dad. Sucks really .

In 2017 I got with a guy from donegal Ireland. And as time went by I told him bits and Bob’s about my family and that I dont know my grandad but he is Irish . He told me people in ireland know each other from all across the land and that if we really wanted to track him down he could message a few people to at least see if he is alive or dead or if he has been heard of . So I gave him his nickname 'rocky’told him everything I knew and just by chance one of our irish friends who lives in england near by who I see regularly told us that the name rocky is from buncranna (on the inishowen peninsula located in donegal ) and that it may be him. After a few phone calls to the wrong people we thought it was a lost cause.

However as time went by my mum was desperate and contacted a guy from an ansestory company and told him what information we found out and he wasnt hopeful and we didn’t have too much. After months of looking he said that that name (there were a lot of tunnelers that came to Coventry during the 60s for construction of the ring road from donegal ) but the name rocky didn’t come up much however there was a guy named Henry Doherty. He keeps popping up and currently has no children . However he has lots of brothers and sisters. Nieces and nephews and cousins ect. (My mum has always been lonely, she had her mum. Her adopted grandparents on her mums side as her mum was adopted during the war due to infidelity with a Italian soldier.
She has no brothers or sisters and one uncle. But that was it. She always dreamed of having a big family and one day to meet her dad and hopefully has more brothers and sisters or just more family ) . Anyway she wrote this letter and without re writing it she basically told him how he may not be the right person but it’s the only option she has right now . And that she doesn’t care why he left she just wants to know he exists or is alive or dead , she doesn’t have to meet him and basically that she has looked for him all her life.

2 weeks later my mum receives a phone call and it is him. She asked him her dob and her mums name and other things to make sure it was really him. And he passed with flying colours.

She went over and met him the next week. Me and my partner and daughter and herself all got in our jeep and we drove to Ireland. he invited us to his nieces wedding and there we met our family. At the wedding they announced the news and they was asked to have the first dance. I have never been so emotional in all my life . My mum would always say she would die feeling incomplete and unhappy if she never had the chance to meet him.

And she did ! 6 months later she sold her house and brought one 5 miles away from him and now she seems him regularly. And when I go to Ireland I can see my big family and my mum happy .

I didn’t go into as many details as I would of liked about the ins and outs but it’s a long story short.

This is now my mums second xmas with him and she has never looked back.

My mum was so brave doing all this and I’m proud of her . My grandad is an amazing soul and I can now see where we get our features from (my dad is Arabic my mum is Irish and Italian yet we have our strongest features from him . Our big cheeks and triangle nose )

That’s how we found our massive family . And what has happened since.

It turns our our friend from buncranna lives 15 mins away from my grandad and even may of had a few drinks with him back in the day however he wasnt to know this as he never connected the name rocky but henry . ) and now my mum has changed her name to his name.

Bonjour pour moi sa été Noël sans mon frère qui est partie trop tôt trop jeune alors que Noël s approchait alors on a décidé de fêter Noël comme si il était là parmi nous on a mis sont a ses couverts pour une dernière fois pour lui rendre hommage avec ses enfants et on a raconté des histoire de ces bêtises adolescents et on a rie car il était toujours dans notre cœur même si physiquement il était plus la :mrs_claus::santa::blush:

When I was young I found out I had a half brother in Hawaii. He was my dads 1st child. Whe in the Navy he met a Philippine lady. She was 36…he 19! They married. She had other children nearly his age and unfortunately it didnt last. He came back to the states. He tried to send child support but it was returned. I had a picture of my brother that I carried with me for years. In 8th grade, I did a report on Hawaii vowing to find him one day. My grandmother passed and in her address book was a address of his mother in Honolulu. By this time Im a adult with 2 children myself. I wrote a letter to the address and 2 weeks later HE CALLED!! He had been back to visit his mother. OMGosh…it was AMAZING to hear his voice. We made arrangements and he flew in to meet his new found family. It was Thanksgiving!! He and dad were reunited after 39 years!!! They were able to spend the last 10yrs of our dads life together before his passing in 2010. It was a beautiful time for all of us! It was my lifelong dream to find him!! Thank you

My best reuniting story takes place in 1992 I was in college my brother was station in Fort Hood TX and my other brother was still living at home. It happened at Thanksgiving of that year my brother who was serving in the army decides to surprise my mom and dad for Thanksgiving it would be the first time in 4 years that he would be home for any major Holiday since joining the army. I was living in Pittsburgh Pa at the time. We had to find someone to come get me and then pick him up at the airport in Pittsburgh. My aunt was in on the surprise so she drove to pick us up. When we got to my mom and dad house I walk in and my brother stayed in the car and my aunt drop him out back of our house he came in the back door and surprise my parents. You should of see their faces and how happy they were to have all 3 of their children together at Thanksgiving.

I am a 3 time cancer survivor. Within last five years I moved to Georgia from Vermont leaving my family. We had a sisters weekend with all my sisters. Two sisters I introduced your game. TRI PEAK Solitaire. Since then my wife and I plus my two sisters are now on The RAINBOWS. I’m leader. My wife co leader and my two sisters created The RAINBOWS back about 4 months ago. Omg, it brings my sisters back into our lives daily. Family for real, but team is also family. Thank you Tri peaks for allowing our family to reunite again. It’s almost like I never left them! Best feeling in the world. Awesome Sauce. GREAT, GREAT GAME. AGAIN THANK YOU. RAINBOWS I LOVE OUR TEAM AND OUR ABILITY TO COMBINE REAL FAMILY WITH OUR TEAM FAMILY. RAINBOWS ROCK, BUT SOLITAIRE TRIPEAKS IS AWESOME.

I done a AncestryDNA test this year since I was adopted as a child I found out I’m the youngest girl of eleven children on my Fathers side and the oldest of five children on my Mothers side . Still not sure how to feel but so excited I will never meet my father he passed away in 2006 but hopefully one day I will meet my brothers and sisters. 10 sisters and 4 brothers

Hello I reunited with an old flame this past year was going that through the years we had a better understanding where we were heading. However although my story isn’t about we reunited and it felt so good like the song says from peaches and herb. It was more clarity about why we keep coming back to each other. We both love each other and I have trust issues that I have been seriously working on. What I can say is this although I would love for us to get together at least meet again in more afraid of being hurt. I know I have to have faith yet it’s not my faith I question is his word that keeps falling short because I have a hard time believing him.

I was adopted when u was 5. Around 14 I met my biological sister. Years later age 25 I was on Facebook and noticed a name I had remembered seeing on the back of one of my sister’s pictures. Turns out it was my little brother who I actually grew up next to but had no clue. I then found my biological dad which was awesome cuz my adoptive father passed in 2011. Facebook is a very useful tool to say the least