BEST "REUNITING STORY" (2020 Heartfelt Holidays Contest)

Post your entries into the Best “Reuniting Story” for the 2020 Solitaire TriPeaks Heartfelt Holidays Contest here!

These short (3 to 4 paragraphs maximum) stories should be about being reunited with a loved one (human or pet!) around the holidays.

4 Likes

The best reuniting story I have is basically every time I come back from deployments from being overseas. Seeing my kids and Husband and family again… you can’t beat that!

4 Likes

My favorite Christmas story begins on Christmas in 1995 when “Santa” surprised our 2 little girls with a cute little fluffy white puppy for Christmas. The girls named our new pup, Chrissy Snow for ‘Christmas Snow’. It was one of the best Christmas’s as Chrissy brought so much love and joy into our family. Exactly one year later on Christmas Day, Chrissy got out of the yard and went missing. :cry:It was a sad day and many weeks of tears followed as we canvases the neighborhood looking for our lost puppy- We knocked on doors, called shelters and rescues, and plastered the neighborhood with “Lost Dog” flyers. But all our efforts were to no avail. Our flyers resulted in a few hopeful spottings, but none resulted in finding our Chrissy. My heart was broken :broken_heart:. On the next Christmas Day, we thought of Chrissy. When pondering down memory lane, talks of Chrissy brought us to smiles, but likewise, moments of grief were felt as well. We all missed Chrissy. But just as our festivities were wrapping up, a true Christmas miracle happened. Just as my husband was seeing his mother and father to their car, Chrissy returned home. :blush: Chrissy Snow jumped into my husbands arms, reunited with wet kisses and a waggely tail. He immediately brought her into the house. My girls and I couldn’t believe our eyes, we all wept in pure joy. Chrissy never left again and lived out her days bringing us much love. Chrissy has long passed since that fateful Christmas Day, but she will always be In our hearts, and the memories that we share will always be cherished. We will never know where Chrissy was for an entire year to be exact, but we suspect that some grinch or a Scrooge in the neighborhood stole our Christmas Snow- ignoring the flyers.

5 Likes

On Sept 11th 2001 I’m sure everyone remembers that faithful day that The TWIN TOWERS WERE STRUCK BY TERRORISTS! My son and I were E.M.T’S and we lived in New York about 1 1/2 hours from NYC. We wanted to go down to ground zero to see if we could help.
We drove down and realized we couldn’t drive in the city, everything had stopped there. We parked our car and started walking . We saw military personnel on every corner. We asked where the command center was and headed in that direction. We finally made it to the C.P. was and we were told that a police bus would take us to ground zero where help was needed with logistics.There were so many donations coming in that they needed help organizing items. We spent the day doing that and after nightfall they needed more help. My son raised his hand to go and the put him in a golf cart, and he was whisked away. They also needed help rinsing the eyes of the personnel that were digging, looking for possible survivors. I did that until morning when they brought in fresh people to give us a break. The problem I had was finding my son.
I started walking and asked the military people where was Chelsea Peers. They said keep walking I had no idea where my son was, but I was told that’s where personnel were going to take a break. So I walk and walk and I look up to see a sign that said " New York Closed"! What an eerie feeling! I keep walking and walking and all of a sudden I see 5 ambulances driving very slowly by. I asked them if they were going to Chelsea peers. They said no they were just coming from there. I explained why I wanted to go there to see if my son was there. With that the 2nd ambulance opened its door and said " Is this who your looking for"? With that my son walked out of the ambulance and we both hugged and cried and said let’s go home!! My son and I reunited after a long day and a half apart. We wished we could have helped more but there were so many front line people there, we were able to go home. God Bless all the people that responded to help down at “Ground Zero”!

4 Likes

My reunited story begins when I moved out of state to be a teacher in Missouri. I moved there knowing I knew no one. My grandma always told me about her cousin who used to live in St. Charles mo but got married and moved away and lost touch for over 60 years. When I started teaching I kept getting recordings of a church. I never visited them and never knew how they got my phone number. I started going to see what the fuss was all about. One day they were having a role call revival. They announced my name of someone who would go thru the gates of heaven. The next Sunday a little old lady came up to me and asked if I was related to Evelyn E. I said yes that’s my grandma. She said her name was Mary and she was her cousin. I found my grandmas long lost cousin. They were able to reunite. God sent me there for a reason to a small town to teach.

4 Likes

My daughter lived in Ga for a year, had my first granddaughter. Two days before Christmas the doorbell woke me. Looking carefully out the door (in my jammies) I see a baby in a carrier at the door step. Timidly open the door see my grand but just stand there in bewilderment. My daughter come around from hiding n says “you just gonna leave her there”? I got the baby grabbed my daughter and bawled my eyes out I was so happy. I’ve never cried that cry or had the heart wrench feeling again.

2 Likes

My father left my mother and I when I was 13, I did not see him again until I was 22. He promised to keep in touch thru mail and telephone calls, which he did neither. Now I am 45 years old and was just reunited with him by chance. We spent some time together talking and getting to know one another again, which for me isn’t easy because I don’t want to get close again and then him disappear again. Well it’s been 3 months and he now lives in the same city as me and I am his caretaker because he is wheelchair bound after a stroke. I Am very grateful to have my father back yet so devastated that we lost so much time together!

2 Likes

My oldest daughter hadn’t been home for Thanksgiving in about 10 years. The one she finally got home for was also sadly her last and I had insisted all the kids were there not knowing was our last . She was killed 2 weeks later on the 8th December. I thank God he gave us that memory and pictures together as though was devastating the memories helped. I don’t know if it’s ok for a sad story but it was a blessed reunion that I truly felt God gave us to say goodbye though we didn’t know it. Call a loved one today. Tried to stay at 3-4 paragraphs. Happy Thanksgiving all God bless and stay safe so we can all but each other next year too​:purple_heart::house_with_garden:

1 Like

My two sisters and I were in foster care and we’re adopted at ages 4,5,and 6 years of age. We grew up and when we were in our 20’s my middle sister got our court case reopened to find our real parents and it happened to he in December. The court had to make contact with our real father to make sure it would be ok to tell us their identity. He said ok and we left from NC and drove to GA where we lived half our life, pulled up at this white house to see about 20 people standing on the porch. It was amazing meeting my biological father and mother. We had five half sisters and one half brother. All this “real” family. It was like getting a second chance all over again. It’s truly one of the best Christmas presents ever! Being reunited and finding out the
re were reasons out of anyone’s control for us getting put in the foster system. All’s well that end well!

1 Like

2 years ago, my brother was stationed in fort Riley Kansas, it was almost Christmas, however it was my birthday!! December 19th, wasn’t a usual birthday because my brother wasn’t home and he is my best friend so I didn’t have the best day, and my dad had “work” all day so I couldn’t even see him, my dad called me and told me and my sister to come outside and we turned the corner and there my brother was! Turns out my dad was picking my brother up from the airport!! It was the best gift ever, I haven’t seen my brother in about a year and a half, but nothing was better than seeing him especially on my birthday!

2 Likes

My mom raised us kids will t h “be nice to your sisters that’s all you have”. As I grew up, I became annoyed, one day I said to her that she has a bigger family that she doesn’t see anymore. I didn’t know it was because of our father who kept them away. 50 years later, mom was working as a poll person for voting and a woman came in with her maiden name. She told her. That woman was a niece who was able to reconnect mom with 2 living siblings and other cousins we never knew. A family reunion followed. Mom is the youngest and has now outlived her siblings but we are all grateful for the gift.

1 Like

Mine is called after 10 years. Well me and my cousin used to spend every minute together then of course there was someone in between that split us apart we haven’t spoken in almost 10 years but we finally met up with each other and talked it out now everything is fine and she is going to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family love her always to the moon and back

1 Like

My reunion story takes place in Prague this past May. I had not seen my brother who lives in England since.911 .My wife had not met any of my family on the English side after over 18 years. My family do not travel and will not visit us here
One day Linda stated she wanted to to Vienna after reading about the Hapsburg Empress Sisi and wished to visit her museum. So I set us up with a river cruise that began in Budapest and sailed along the Danube to Vienna where we disembark. After a few days there we boarded the train to Prague for the rondevou with my younger brother who I speak with a few times a year birthday and Christmas Holidays.
We had the hotel booked and had a joyous get together partying visiting the attractions and sharing glasses of beer. My brother made my wife feel part of the family also felt as though we had never been apart for so long

1 Like

September 13,2002 my apartment caught on fire. My daughter was 4 mo old…I was 19 and my husband was 24. We just moved to a new city 3 weeks prior and therefore we knew nobody at all. The fire quickly grew into something we couldn’t escape…we shut ourselves into our bedroom…shut the door…I opened the window and called 911 I was frantically waging my arms out the window for what seemed like forever!! Smoke and flames pouring from our 2nd floor apartment building…finally I heard a voice below us saying “I promise I’ll catch her just let her go” I was hesitant but there was no other choice…we dropped our 4 mo old daughter to a complete stranger and his wife drove their car over for us to jump out onto for safety!! After a complete stranger rescued us…he too had a baby about the same age so he gave us all the diapers and formula and bottles they had…shook our hands…and they left…never even got his name.
Months went by…we reestablished and the detective contacted me and asked if we wanted to meet the man that rescued us…of course!! We met and had dinner…I gave him the only photo I had of my daughter and we took pictures together. Come to find out he was an off duty police officer and was on his way to Starbucks with his family…so they continued on with their plans that day…9 years passed and I tried to find him once again…was able to locate him thru the PD he worked for…
On my daughter’s 10th Bday…we took her to officially meet our (HER) HERO!!! He goes on to tell me that he looked at the back of the photo we gave him…and nearly died…as him and our daughter share the exact same bday 30 years apart!!! How incredible!! We still are in touch and he recently came and surprised my daughter at her highschool graduation this past July!!!

1 Like

How special!!! I live just 8 miles from Ft.Riley!!! Proud of our soldiers!!!

2 Likes

My wife and I lived together in 1984 and 1985 we split up because she said it wouldn’t work so I went back to being a single parent. We saw each other occasionally when when we weren’t in a relationship with someone else . Each time it was the same answer It won’t work! Finally in 2013 we both went to lunch with my mother the same day. We decided to see each other again and discuss what had happened in our lives. We did and got along good decided she would come to my home for the weekend . We were living in separate cities about 60 miles apart. We went out to dinner them to my place to watch some movies. All of a sudden she started to have a severe nose bleed. A little artery in her nose ruptured and I couldn’t get the bleeding to stop. After going to the Emergency room at the closest hospital. The on call ENT packed her nose and said come to my office on Monday which we did .he sprayed something up her nose to deaden it then tried to cantering it vessel. We went back to my place and and had dinner. Again it started to bleed and we went to another hospital Emergency room. We finally saw another ENT he looked and took her to surgery. After the procedure he told me he was going to keep her overnight. I came back to the hospital and was told she would be jut fine and would see her in three days and she ahold take it easy. She stayed with me till I took her to the doctor. She was released ro go back to work.
We continued to see each other. In June 2014 we married and are tougher today. GUESS WHAT IT WORKED!!!

The best reuniting story I have is after not living in the same state as my son for over 5 years because he was in the navy, I am finally reunited with him because we sold our home in Massachusetts and moved to Georgia where he currently resides.

1 Like

Would throw one party a year and it was a Bunko Christmas Party! Would have four tables playing, with 30 or more quest. Was great catching up with friends and seeing how grown my children’s friends had become. Some we hadn’t seen all year but would come for Bunko Christmas! Was a great way of staying in touch.

I love uplifting stories! Mine started 5 years ago, when my ex-husbands new wife decided that she was going to cut my two children off from myself as well as everyone else whom they had known their whole lives. My son was 12 and my daughter was 8. I tried to find them, to no avail, until I finally gave it to God. After praying about it and only hoping for their well being, I finally accepted that they would find me when they each turned 18. They would be in control of whomever they wanted to reach out to. I knew that the Lord would be watching.
January 2020 came around with a surprising start - my ex-husband reached out to me, saying my kids missed me. A long year has passed and thankfully it has been filled with lots of catching up and hugs and kisses. We’ve chosen to move forward, not discussing the circumstances that caused all of us so much pain. My ex-husband is currently in the middle of a nasty divorce but again, we’re all moving forward.
This is the first time I’ve really written about it but with good reason… Dec. 5th marked my son’s 18th birthday and both my ex and myself as well as a bunch of our family and friends were on hand to celebrate it…all together. Happy, healthy and blessed. Thank you to Tripeaks for letting people share their stories… God bless and good luck to all in the new upcoming year!!

My daughter had a baby end of December2019. Then quarantine came along and I am a nurse so was unable to see her for 6 months. I booked a trip at the beach and was able to be reunited with my grand baby and family. I really got to visit and see my grand baby which was now crawling. I was so happy and missed them so much.